Don't Mess With The Imperium!

Hobbes

I look at the warhound and 300 to 450 tons sounds about right. If you think about it they are basically the size of super heavy tanks plus a bit in the limbs and weapons. 30 is maybe a bit low...

But then I've seen my claws rip apart a titan with powerfists in 1 round of combat :ph34r:

So maybe 30 could be right.... lol

Certainly flimsy enough

Go out and build a life size warhound titan.

Then get your little sister to lie down and see what happens to her when she gets stepped on by a behemoth such as the warhound.

A little bit late, but this made me laugh out loud.

But is there any progress on this behemoth? Hobbes?

• 1 year later...
actually if you're wearing termie armour you wont get hurt when a warhound steps on you.

There is a high chance you will. The story this stems from involves the space marine sinking into mud also which changes the impact on him. But he is severly hurt.

The armour itself would hold up, the marine however would undergo hundreds of tonnes of stress. Even Astartes would struggle to even crawl away on most battlefields. TDA is still made of plates of armour which would inevitabley buckle somewhat.

So, an Astartes would most probably be wounded beyond most battlefield medical help.

Even a Warhound, a scouting recon titan, would crush an Astartes wihout much effort.

If you go back and read the story, I remember it was in the Index Astartes article on Terminator Armour where I read it, the story is about a Wolf Guard Terminator being stepped on by a titan. Him and the Grey Hunters he was with were in a ruined building and when the Titan stepped on the Terminator he was pushed down into the rubble.

It is described as mangling his armour with oil and bodily fluids flowing from many rents in the armour and it was a miracle he survived. Wearing Terminator armour does not automatically mean you'll survive if a Titan decided to jump up and down on you.

It's been a while since I read the article, but I remember him getting up, dusting himself off (figuratively speaking of course), looking at his stunned brethren looking on and telling them to get their act together, as he lead them back into the fray. I can't remember him being wounded all that much.

TDA armour was originally developed out of converted work suits, built to clean the inside of starship plasma drives, as those were the hardiest suits ever made. I can see a suit of TDA as not being a pile of plates hung onto a marine, but rather a marine stuffed into an extremely durable can. Much like the deep sea diving hardsuits you see on the National Geographic Channel. I can see the suit surviving being stepped on by a Titan unscathed. maybe some of the extremities and protrusions like antennae, lights and scanners and maybe weapons might be smashed beyong repair, but the suit itself and the marine inside would be OK.

I suppose (because of the suit's origins) it could survive re-entry as well, even though I fully expect the unfortunate individual inside to be turned to jelly upon impact in such a case.

Boh; nothing a good hosing out couldn't fix; fresh coat of paint and it's as good as new, ready for the next fortunate(?) occupant. -_-

• 4 weeks later...
http://hobbyhawk.com/galleria/albums/userpics/10001/WT07.jpg

Notice the smashed Eldar Dire Avengers.. not fully posed yet.. but I left a base height to be able to sqeeze a few bodies under the foot.. so the question is :

"what exactly happens when a warhound steps on you?"

umm.. a leman russ is 30 tons

a warhound titan would be about 300 tons.

• 2 months later...

Archived