Ironbound ++ WARNING: Bionics inside ++

Brother_Beork

Well, my motto is; "you buy 'em I make 'em" :D Although prices would be about the equivalant of a hart and a lung for 6 of these.... But hell, you have two lungs anyway right ;)

Family members have organs too. This is something I always keep in mind.

Really cool stuff. Keep up the good work. I know what it's like when every single marine in your army needs a lot of converting. All the work is worth it though, you'll have such a unique force. Also I have to say that your skill with making bionics and such is very very good.

I used copper wire from normal electric cable, I think from old earphones or something, as well as some guitarwire and springs normally used to hang advertising from ceilings in supermarkets.

All legs were based on normal one, filed down and usually covered with plasticard (0.3mm) because I hate the way that two legs from one mini are asymetrical. At the moment I'm also working on making most of the legs myself, cheaper and easier IMO.

@ Stratokhan: I could always make a cost estimate if you really want them, I accept all kinds of organs, as long as they are well maintained ;).

BTW, Thanks for the edit Kurgan, I didn't realise the pictures were to wide.

Beork

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, small update for my Ironbound, made a bit more progress and better pictures.

First of, the lascannon marine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/brother_beork/Ironbound/112_3063-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/bro.../112_3065-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/bro.../112_3064-2.jpg

And without weapons:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/brother_beork/Ironbound/112_3061-2.jpg

His left shoulderpad is in the making, still needing a GS chapter badge, which is coming along. Just takes a bit more time than expected, making a bunch of those

Ave, all

Very, very nice work! Best bionics I've ever seen, from GW included. Inspirational stuff.

As for Generic Marine 2... Perhaps have him holding a second bolter, either levelled or held kinda vertical, resting against his shoulder? Otherwise holding a hand to his helmet like he's recieving a vox, or perhaps pointing, or wielding an auspex... (I know, that really didn't help to narrow options down :D Just reeling off ideas.)

I really don't have much C&C to add... try me when I've developed that kinda patience :lol:

Great stuff, Brother_Beork. Keep it up!

Imperator mando tuae mortalitas.

Flintlock

You Sir are truly a modeling lunitic. I've never seen that much talent in the wire/guitar string/pasticard EVER on this forum. Great Great stuff! thanks for sharing and I CANNOT wait to see you go all out on a dread... :wink:

or maybe a hugely converted custom diorama?

oh, and for the marines, i think that the ideas about auspex/pointing have been done too much, i prefer the idea of the second bolter. i mean, who can resist making a cool model even cooler? he will look very good indeed.

as you can probably tell, i like the work

dont ever give it up.

ever.

or i might have to hunt you and blow you up before seizing your work (see quote).

thanks for the replies, I'm still torn between not riviting and riviting, maybe I'll just do some with and some without... anyway, I like the idea about the second blter, but I might downgrade it to a boltpistol, I never liked two bolter wielding marines... don't know why really... My original idea was his hand tempering/touching the targeter at that side of his head, but I don't think I'll like it... oh well, plenty of time to think while makinh the other marines.... 40 something left you know....

And a dread, don't forget the dread, he's been waiting patiently for a year now...

Beork

Archived