Forge Worlds

StratoKhan

Forge World Kantrael (already listed but missing info) is in the Cadian System (i believe?) and is responsible for the standard issue Kantrael short-pattern lasgun.

Standard short pattern lasgun. This weapon was manufactured on Kantrael and, like all similar variants, operates in the nineteen megathule range and can therefore utalise andy Departmento Munitorun sanctioned power packs.

From Codex: Imperial Guard

Hope it helps :)

Tephusa Binary - Somehow in thrall to Vandire in the early 36th millennium. Besieged by the Astartes, Navy and the Cadian and Mordian regiments. Presumably in Segmentum Obscuras. (Source: Imperial Munitorum Manual, p37)

Minos V - Ork held Forgeworld in the region of Raven Guard homeworld Deliverance. Taken by Waaagh! Garaghak. Current status unknown. (Source: Apocalypse, p129)

;)

Tephusa Binary - Somehow in thrall to Vandire in the early 36th millennium. Besieged by the Astartes, Navy and the Cadian and Mordian regiments. Presumably in Segmentum Obscuras. (Source: Imperial Munitorum Manual, p37)

Ah, nice. I looked at the Manual's price and put it back on the shelf.

Minos V - Ork held Forgeworld in the region of Raven Guard homeworld Deliverance. Taken by Waaagh! Garaghak. Current status unknown. (Source: Apocalypse, p129)

This one I just didn't have the money for.

Thanks Mechanicus.

The ruling caste was indentified as the Machine-Smiths of Kai. So probably a technocracy. Whether they were Imperial or not is not specified, but it is doubtful that they were Adeptus Mechanicus, as the honorific Machine Smith is not used by the AdMech. If we assume that no rival technological society of that sort would be allowed to exist in the Imperium, then we could say it was a non-Imperial technocracy, most probably human in nature. But to be honest, there isn't really enough information to make any conclusions.

But I think we can safely say it wasn't a Forgeworld otherwise that would have been mentioned explicitly.

Edited by StratoKhan

The ruling caste was indentified as the Machine-Smiths of Kai. So probably a technocracy. Whether they were Imperial or not is not specified,

Well, considering Kai was swallowed by the Eye of Terror in M34, before the formation of the Imperium, they could hardly have been Imperial, could they have?

Er, no. It is I who was missing something. Sorry. For a detail-obsessed nerd, I sure blew that one! :P

Well, I have a new tidbit for you, to make up for it. Super secret. Don't ask where I got it. If I told you, I'd have to kill you: :)

Scalex VI: Conquered by the Orks of Wazdakka's Waaagh! after Wazdakka defeated a Warlord Titan in single combat. (Codex Orks (2007), p. 60)

Edited by Brother Pariah

You lucky...

Thanks!

The newest additions to our roster are -

Tephusa Binary

Minos V

Glovoda

Dantis III

Scalex VI

We hope these purchases will aid us in our bid to win the season. Dantis III in particular is a promising young prospect from our own youth program...

Edited by StratoKhan

I think it's worthy of note that not every piece of military hardware is produced on a forge world. The rifles that the Tanith 1st are armed with were made on their home planet, which is why their lasguns have Nalwood stocks. Only planets so given over to production that they are ruled by the Mechanicus are considered forge worlds.

Neffethyl and Urdesh, both mentioned in the White Dwarf article for the Blood Pact:

'Several munition-producing forge worlds -especially Neffethyl and Urdesh - were amongst the planets conquered in the Sabbat cluster, and from them the Blood Pact have enjoyed a ready supply of Guard-quality weapons.'

Relevant stuff: 'Blood Pact armour is generally slightly inferior to standard Imperial, most of it being Urdeshi-pattern armoured cars such as the STeG 4, and the AT70 Reaver-pattern tanks, though they do also have more limited numbers of the larger and more powerful AT83 Brigand-pattern tanks, as well as captured examples of Leman Russ and Chimera.'

'Forge world is a term for the numerous worlds that are directly controlled by the Adeptus Mechanicus. All have in common that they are completely dedicated to the manufacture of the various machines of the Imperium, the pursuit for and preservation of (ancient) knowledge and the worship of the Machine God.'

The argument could be made that since they've been taken over, they're no longer Forge worlds, but if we're including planets eaten by 'nids and traitor Forge worlds, Neffethyl and Urdesh are good candidates, for the simple reason that:

'Several munition-producing forge worlds – especially Neffethyl and Urdesh – were amongst the planets conquered in the Sabbat cluster'.

:teehee:

I've not read the books in which the Blood Pact appear (Abnett?), so I can't really offer anything more than the White Dwarf quote to support my suggestion.

Urdesh info already present-

Urdesh was invaded by Chaos forces in 766M41, but was reclaimed by the Imperium in 772M41

Ok, so when was the Sabbat Worlds Crusade? Do the dates refer to the Crusade or something else?