Forge Worlds

StratoKhan

I think in the preface to Double Eagle, it talks about the beginning of the Crusade...I'll double-check when I get home, unless someone with a copy of Sabbat Worlds Crusade book itself beats me to it.

I think it's worthy of note that not every piece of military hardware is produced on a forge world. The rifles that the Tanith 1st are armed with were made on their home planet, which is why their lasguns have Nalwood stocks. Only planets so given over to production that they are ruled by the Mechanicus are considered forge worlds.

By the way, I definitely agree, Vostroya is a prime recent example.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been kicking threw Both of the Bfg books and have found the following forgeworld for your list.

Deimos in the Golgotha subsector

Deimos Binary in Cadian Sector

Kantrael In the Cadian Sector

Finreht in the Agripinaa Sector

Mordax Parn in the Scarus Sector

Nysa Stromlo in the Scarus Sector

Scelus in the Scelus Sub-Sector

Mezoa in teh Cyclops Cluster

Zpandex in the Gethsemane Subsector

Vindalex in the Lysades Sub-sector.

I can add star coordinates for all these if you like as the BFG books give them. Sorry if there are any doubles. i just scanned your list Quickly and noticed a few missing.

Also, I plan on making my own legion out of the Deimos Forgeworld called Legio Irae. Latin translation is "the Wrathful Legion" or "The Legion of Wrath". Bought a Jackal Class Warhound recently and was researching Fluff for it. Guess you could also say that Deimos has access to the Lucius Class Warhound in that case.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just noticed that the Forge Worlds of the Calixis Sector had not been included in the list. So I picked up my Dark Heresy books and here's what I found:

In Dark Heresy, p.288-289, there is a map of the Calixis Sector showing a number of Forge Worlds. (The first is placed twice on the map, I'll give the 2 possible sub-sectors...)

Here's the list:

• JXM A18Z (Malfian Sub)
  • Synford II (Malfian Sub)
  • Turanshush (Markayn Marches)
  • Belacane (Markayn Marches)
  • Ryboth (Markayn Marches)
  • Skorgulian (Adrantis Sub)
  • Perinetus (Adrantis Sub)
  • Omnicron 71-DX (Adrantis Sub)
  • Idumea (Hazeroth Sub)
  • Synford (Hazeroth Sub)
  • Opus Macharius (Drusus Marches)
  • The Lathes (Golgenna Reach)

We learn more about The Lathes in the Inquisitor's Handbook, p.133. They are a whole system controlled by the AM, the 3 main worlds are Lathe-Het, Lathe-Hesh and Lathe-Hadd. The dead moon of Lycosidae is rumored to be home to the Legio Venator titans.

The Calixis Sector page of the official website gives us another planet as being a Forge World: Cyclopea (in "The Periphery"). However, the map in the Rulebook say it's a Mining World... So I guess it depends on which one you want to consider cannon.

We also learn from that website that Belacane is famed for its Stasis Technology.

In the Inquisitor's Handbook a few other Forge Worlds are mentionned as patterns for weapons: D'laku, Kronos and Vanaheim.

Edited by Nash Trickster

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thought I might add to the list as I haven't seen this forge world mentioned yet.

Salonus: Home to Lothar Ironheart and his Titan Legion(unnamed). Ironheart "destroyed three ork Gargants in the battle which had cost him most of his humanity"(he's mostly machine now) and that he and his titan legion has fought alongside the space wolves on several occasions. The FW Salonus is close to the planet of Garm. Garm is somewhat of a shrine world to the space wolves as the spear of Russ and garm himself are there.

All info coming from BL book Grey Hunter.

• 8 months later...

There is a PDF floating around the web, its about the Calixis sector. It has a list of Forge worlds. I only know one, but that's because that's where my Skitarii and Tech-Gaurd come from.

Belacane. It used to produce Stasis grenades, but the tech was lost when the Forge master hoarded all the data for himself, and had a stroke.

• 1 year later...

Is there a list of forge worlds taken over by Dark Mechanicus during the heresy? A few forge worlds in the list mention traitor takeovers, but very few of them. Seem to remember that something like 50% to the forge worlds turned traitor.

Are any forge worlds known to be still held by Dark Mechanicus forces?

Tim

• 5 months later...
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but I believe in the grey knights book "Dark Adeptus" by ben counter included a Dark Mechanus forgeworld, if you are including that in the list. I'll try to find the name and more details if your interested, if not ignore this

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but I believe in the grey knights book "Dark Adeptus" by ben counter included a Dark Mechanus forgeworld, if you are including that in the list. I'll try to find the name and more details if your interested, if not ignore this

That's Chaeronia. It's on the list.

• 2 months later...

I think (know) that some of these have been mentioned, but this is a list of ones I don't see on the list. No harm mentioning some again (that I know of).

Belacane

Cyraxus II

Hadd

Hesh

Het

Hexium Minora

Idumea

Jupiter

JXM A18Z

Magnos Omicron

Omicron Z1-DX

Opus Macharius

Ordana

Orestes

Perinetus

Proximus

Ryboth (Segmentum Obscurus, Calixis Sector, Markayn Marches)

Synford

Synford II (same system as Synford)

Skorgulian

Turanshush (Obscurus, Calixis, Markayn Marches)

Zpandex (Obscurus, Gothic, Gethsemane sub-sector)