Salamander Space Marines

Here is the pose (blu-tac) for the second Firedrake.

ssm002front01.jpg

ssm002frontleft01.jpg

ssm002frontright01.jpg

ssm002left01.jpg

ssm002rearleft01.jpg

ssm002rearright01.jpg

This model has not been cleaned/tidied up, its for posing purposes.

There are things that I am pleased with .. and some I am not ... more later.

Changes made so far : -

1. Altered the feet so they appear more natural for a fast moving terminator.

2. Used a dragon head for the top of the heavy flamer .. still not happy .. will fiddle with it some more.

3. The forgeworld shoulder pad on the models right shoulder, I needed to scape the salamander skin till it was thin .. and then use heat to deform it so it would sit upon the heavey flamer more naturally.

4. Spread the arms to a more natural pose using copper wire to hold them.

Changes to be made : -

1. Extra piping on the feet and armpit areas as per my earlier firedrake models.

2. Texture on the soles of the feet.

3. Fill in the armpits & shoes with greenstuff.

4. Sculpt flames (as per the last post), on the heavy flamer, and the power fist (back of hand)..

5. Add gems to the middle tasset, and chest plate.

6. Drill out barrels of the heavy flamer and add flame using greenstuff.

As you can see some way to go ... but at least he is started.

Thats a no nonsense I'm going to flame your a@% pose. Very aggressive and cool. I like the head positioning. And whats nice is that your entire heavy flamer is exposed instead of positioned down at the side. That way the weapons paint job can really be shown off well.

Not only that but it will be probably the 2nd Heavy flamer I've seen painted on this board in the last 2 years... :)

The shield looks good, and I love that pose for the second firedrake. I could totally imagine him stomping across the battle-field towards a big-mek or something and incinerating him with the heavy flamer. BTW do you have a name for this one yet? Just curious. Looking foward to more. :cuss

been following this thread very closly Argos and im loving the 2 Termi's so far :)

As for the colour scheme can i surgest a bit more gold in there, these are elites after all, but thats just personal preferance.

OT is that a little sneak peak at something that will be added on the SM:Painter soon :lol:

Why not paint the actuators, pipes etc support workings gold on the termie armor. There's some on the thigh and the upper arm for example. I wouldn't really think going with gold armorplates would look that "good". Offcourse, an extra dosage of flames etc might also bring out a more veteran lool to the termies. :P The WIP stuff is looking great so far.

Cheers

For my Salamanders, I follow a certain painting "theme":

Colors are black, green, gold and silver.

Metal accents on the black panels are painted silver (actually chainmail) and metal accents on the green panels are painted gold.

The proportion of green to black varies depending on the armor.

Examples:

1) Scouts have the most black (arms and legs).

2) Power armor is "medium" with black shoulderpads and backpacks.

3) Terminator armor has the least black with just the shoulderpads. Consequently, the Terminators are more ornamental because they have the most green, they also have the most gold accents.

Just an idea.

One more thing: You might try to have not lean forward quite so much. I don't know, but the top of the helmet being covered by the 'cowl' armor bothers me. It looks as if it would cover his eyes with each step if you followed the progression of his movements. Either that or tip the head down just a bit.

Now you see I would not move the head at all .. it feels just right to me :)

My old power armoured work on vulkansforge.org was where I experimented with gold, I tended to try and keep an almost coppery red glow to the gold which works well with the green I find.

I must redo the vulkansforge.org site ... I have so many ideas to update on it.

Archived