Cover artwork for my Chaos Battle Maids Updated 17 August

Atomic Top Hat

atomic i like your take on female chaos marines

i want to see you turn them into actual miniatures though

that would be prettty cool

O for the love of Khorne, I respect female marines..... but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't bring up THAT subject! You'll attract all sorts of haters and people who are too uptight and personally insecure.

Plus i don't want this thread closed, b/c some moron invoked the almight wrath of the admins down on us.

Don't take this the wrong way dude, but your art is not good.

you have creativity and the drive to make something, but no skills to do it with yet.

So, I'm going to give you two things:

1) Anatomy, you must learn it, don't say "but i have my own style" cause you don't yet.

http://drawsketch.about.com/od/humananatom...for_Artists.htm

there's a nice link to start you off.

2) Medium. Your medium will be your computer it seems, that's fine, but get a halfway decent program.

For absolute starters, autodesk sketchbook is a nice tool, there's a free trial, and the program is comparatively affordable.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index...p;siteID=123112

Hope that helps, don't give up.

that messed man these things are great( and by great i mean disturbing enough for me to grab a chainsword and eviscerate myself) but still dude these are fun to look at once a month, so keep doing what your doing Atomic Top Hat

Don't take this the wrong way dude, but your art is not good.

you have creativity and the drive to make something, but no skills to do it with yet.

So, I'm going to give you two things:

1) Anatomy, you must learn it, don't say "but i have my own style" cause you don't yet.

http://drawsketch.about.com/od/humananatom...for_Artists.htm

there's a nice link to start you off.

2) Medium. Your medium will be your computer it seems, that's fine, but get a halfway decent program.

For absolute starters, autodesk sketchbook is a nice tool, there's a free trial, and the program is comparatively affordable.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index...p;siteID=123112

Hope that helps, don't give up.

Umm, thank you. It's always good to get some constructive criticism. I'll have a look at theose links when I get the chance. However the reason the anatomy is so horribly off is that I like to over exaggerate the body parts for a cheap laugh, also to ruin the minds of other forum goers as you can see below.

oh mighty god-emperor bless this holy bolter i am about to use to put me out of my misery
MY EYES ARE BLEADING YOU :lol:
i am speechless.... i hate myself for finding this amusing!
*Loads bolter, points the gun to his head.*

I had a good run, world.

Alpha

Atomic Top Hat,

This is no flame, but since these darn Chaos Battle Maids keep popping up every time I try to come to the Hall of Honor to see finished work, I figured I would put my two cents in.

Have you ever thought about making a blog of this? Using blogspot.com maybe? Then the entire site can be dedicated to the Battle Maids, and you wont have to rely on a host that at any point could just get sick of you and drop you off the forum. This thread has all the hallmarks of becoming a Blog, in fact it NEEDS to be a blog. You have a very really underground following, and I am sure people will check up on BattleMaids.blogspot.com if they are into it.

It would also have the benefit of you not having to listen to all of the people on this site that have absolutely no interest in your humor project in relation to their hobby. I for one would love to see this thread off of this page and where it belongs (hosted on it's own domain). Then when I want to see Battle Maids I can go there.

It's really easy to set up a blog, check it out.

ingnore what other people say

I really want to rant about this, but this is not the time or place

its your hobby too...

in all honesty it dosn't matter what other people think

so to all these people who are bad mouthing your ideas/work...

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T READ IT!!!

I can't rant...can't think...I just wasted a half hour reviewing this topic, page by bloody page.... I will never get that time back, will never be able to remove the images from my mind, and I will never, ever, ever be able to explain to my female boss why I busted a gut laughing in the office.

• 1 month later...

Well, even after several suicides and very polite requests to stop sucking, the Chaos Battle Maids Swimsuit Calender returns for the month of August, even through it's almost half over. This month it's Miss Poison of the Alpha Legion and her Imp Marine, Snake Eyes.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/atomictophat/AugustswimFinal.gif

Next month, I'll have to come up with some new Battle Maids, because I'm kinda running out.

Mileena wins! Fatalility! Heh heh. What is Snake Eyes shooting at?

Oh, and Top Hat, if you get September's up on time, I promise to print this and put it in the roommate's room when he's not looking. There, motivation!

I hate to be overtly critical, but before delving into digi art, I'd practice your basic rendering skills on pencil and paper first. I understand that these may just be for fun and giggles but, their are glaring problems with the proportions. All I can really say is, practice from life, drawing people, plants, flowers etc... and.... practice practice practice. Then when you return to the WH40K art, your work will be noticeably enhanced with the skills you picked up from life drawing.

*puts his plauge marien gasmask up to make sure he stays alive after :devil: -up his lungs laughing*

nice but insane bro, ;) i don't even want to know how you came up whit this idea!

ps: snake eye -> metal gear solid based?

Archived