Simple Green...is made of people!

• 2 weeks later...
I just contacted Simple Green UK website and they gave me a link to buy it from them although its very expensive. £10.99 for 1 litre plus £6.00 for delivery. Is this the one that everyone else in the UK buying or is the someplace where I could get it cheaper?

It should work on the paint.

While the above price states IS a bit hefty, it's a small price to pay for safe paint stripping of already expensive models. Plus, a full litre of it will last you forever, you can reuse it tons of times (although it may turn a slightly yellow or brownish color, it will still continue to do its job!).

Yea its still worth it especially if it is as good as everyone says it is. The price just seems a bit high for what it is which is basically just all purpose cleaner. I suppose it would be useful for cleaning mini's before priming as well, does it have any other uses or does eveyone else just use it for paint stripping?

It has uses as a general cleaner but with the relatively high price of it I just use it for minis honestly. It's not all that incredibly expensive here in the U.S. (where i can pick it up at my local Wal-Mart) but it's still more than most of your general all purpose cleaners are.

quick questoin on how you all use it.

I should pour it into a container, place the model(s) in it, and let it sit for a day or two, before hitting it with the toothbrush?

Bingo.

Use a toothpick or needle for the crevices. Make sure the toothbrush is stiff bristle type, not a soft one.

• 1 month later...
I know this is resurrection a little bit (its only mid Sept to late Oct death) but where in the UK could I get simple green, or something on par with it, as I have a reasonable sized army that need a full paint strip, including an old Rhino Ml I and Whirlwind on a Mk I chassis.

• 2 months later...

Archived