Warlord WIP - Final update 10/12/08

Ramora

@ wiplash: Thank you! It's a plant :P

@ Tvayumat: LOL

@ f74: Thanks! Most of the people I play with are pretty awesome

@ FerrumIgnatus: Thanks! I hope they wanna play.. or I'll be sad :tu:

@ I Just Made Toast: I'm glad it's close I've really been trying to get it right and thank you! I don't know about the paint scheme yet.. any ideas?!

@ Alex.ö: Let me measure.. It's about 39-1/4 inches tall or if you're a metric guy 99.7 cm

@ The Rubberduck: Pretty much the same impression I got

@ chenley: If you look at the epic model most of the meat of the legs comes from the leg guards.. check out the new pics and let me know what you think of the legs now.. Thanks! That's what my fam thinks too :P

@ chaplainmikey: I told them I was building one they wanted me to bring it in but I don't play there :P

@ IamJacksUserName: I can try and give you some tips on making one :sweat: check out the new pics and let me know what you think of the legs now

Well.. my back hurts.. :P

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/fattyguyriley/DSC00125.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/fattyguyriley/DSC00121.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/fattyguyriley/DSC00122.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/fattyguyriley/DSC00124.jpg

Cheers,

Ramo

before you battle please, for the love of jehova (dodges under stone thrown by a "man"), check that you are either playing on the floor or that the table is very well balanced. if it isnt you could destroy both the titan and the enemies army into itty bitty pieces.

just a warning.

rosac

and also, watch out for cats, a veteran at our store tripped over his neighbours cat and dropped his reaver titan, which smashed. a few minutes later a screech was heard and the cat was never seen again...

before you battle please, for the love of jehova (dodges under stone thrown by a "man"), check that you are either playing on the floor or that the table is very well balanced. if it isnt you could destroy both the titan and the enemies army into itty bitty pieces.

just a warning.

rosac

and also, watch out for cats, a veteran at our store tripped over his neighbours cat and dropped his reaver titan, which smashed. a few minutes later a screech was heard and the cat was never seen again...

OMG is that true or a bit of an overexagerration, with the cat i mean

Hehe...Bigatures...big...mini...yes....mehehe...must..remain...sane...no..cant..I.. ;)

AHAHAHAhAHAHAHAhaHAhahaAHa

Duz ye like TOAT_+SHULLYBUZ!?

let dere BE yo MOM!

RIGIGIGIGIGIGIGGG,,,

O lookz...menz in white coatz...lawl NO!...dont takez me away..I has ta grobe ma shoat furst...no...

*is dreagg=

*is dragged off screaming about warlord titans as big as sofas*

:P :D :woot: :woot: DUDE!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

that is like the coolest thing i've evar seen... The the awsomenessis just...

supercoolfragilistichhigbiealiedosis

I always wanted to take my friend jimmy and build him an Imperator costume, then just heft him up on the table and see what people said...

He'd be my new pattern titan that runs on Guinness instead of promethium or plasma or whatever.

Either way, this bad boy is gonna be super sweet. I'd have no chance in hell with my list, but you better believe the Highborn would charge his legs screaming and revving chainblades with pleasure!

Hey Ramora, your project is incredible! cant wait to see that thing done! how are you going to detail it up? lots of COD stuff?

I dont think youd need to have him on a table, just stood a couple of feet behind you as you played with the small stuff, if you started losing you could just nod to him in the background and say "neither of us is pleased with that... especially not him... i think you should reconsider, or il have my friend here step in..."

hehehehe!

cant wait to see it done! keep up the hard work!

S.O.N.

That thing is freakin' massive!!! My only beef is the legs. They almost look to squat, although it does look better now that they have the armour on. Although as that thing is stampin through minis, I doubt people would think much of the legs.

@ Spacefrisian: Thank you! I surely did :huh:

@ wiplash: Thank you! you've been very supportive!

@ rosac: The tablese we play on are pretty beefy.. 200++ guys stand on them all the time.. I heart cats I blame the vet. :)

@ chenley: thanks!

@ Mordus: I just don't know what to say.. I'm sorry my warlord led to your institutionalization.. very sorry.. I'll keep that in mind for the next project.

@ Azura: LOL thanks!

@ Tvayumat: Yeah I had that same idea with my little bro.. he runs on energy drinks though.. ha Well if you ever find yourself in seattle the yet to be named titan will be waiting.

@ son of nocturne: Thank you very much! I'm planning on using plasticard and some FW symbols.. and i love you idea :)

@ IamJacksUserName: haha Thanks.. I did plan on maybe building one to sell but after getting this far I changed my mind too much work I'd have to charge a huge sum just to cover my time.

@ Merkava: yeah I have the same feeling about the legs..

@ Sons of Horus: Thank you! I will.

Well I'm planning on taking a few week break to get ready for a normal 40k tourny but when I get back on this guy I'll post more pix.

Cheers,

Ramo

this project continues to blow me away. i am incredibly keen to see it painted.

one small suggestion. would it be possible to make the legs in motion? the static pose is great, but i imagine titans striding across the battlefield leaving dnd in their wake. just an idea.

keep up the spectacular work.

Archived