Warlord Titan

Ok its like this. A 40K scale imperator is about 5-6 ft. A warlord is about 3 ft. the largest common battle titan is the Emperor class titan which has 2 variants (imperator and warmonger) they are the same size and generally look the same (different weapons).

BTW there is a larger titan but only 1 was ever made and it was corrupted by chaos then destroyed by the gray knights. :sweat:

BTW there is a larger titan but only 1 was ever made and it was corrupted by chaos then destroyed by the gray knights. :P

Larger then the Emperor Class? Corrupted by chaos and then destroyed by the Grey Knights? Dang... those partyboopers... Where can I find this information? :huh:

I've heard of those!

Anyhoo, when I was looking around the web I saw good background info on the Titan Variants.

Warhound- roughly Eiffel tower sized

Reaver- small mountain

Warlord- Mount everest

Emperor- errrr..... :pinch:

Castigator- <_< MASSIVE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Reaver- small mountain

Warlord- Mount everest

Emperor- errrr.....

Castigator- MASSIVE!!!

All of which is just bull, the warhound is 14m tall as by the imperial armour books, reaver is just under twice that, warlord is about 2.5 times the warhound.

Imperators are mentioned in the HH book and SoI as beeing between 45 and 50m tall.

The castigator was larger than the imperator but not that much.

actually the castigator was quite a lot bigger than an imperator (just under twice its size) so if an emperor is 50m, it should be about 97m

and it was overly :nuke: powerful. DEATH DEALING MURDEROUS EVIL TITAN from HELL!!!!

All of which is just bull, the warhound is 14m tall as by the imperial armour books, reaver is just under twice that, warlord is about 2.5 times the warhound.

Imperators are mentioned in the HH book and SoI as beeing between 45 and 50m tall.

Surely that cannot be right. 14M? That's tiny!

Warhound Titans just can't be that small, because they tower over a baneblade!

To be honest, I doubt the superheavy Emperor Titans are as big as Mount Everest itself. 8.000+ m. tall warmachine is simply TOO bald. I know, Imperial Battleships are 8 km. long, but seriously, a 8 km. tall walking gun fortress? Try double the size of a Warlord, which is aproximately 45-60 m. tall. Think about transporting this behemoth from planet to planet. You would need one heck of a huge Mechanicus Forgeship to transport a Mount Everest-sized Emperor Titan.

so, I would say Emperor Titans are 90-120 m. tall, rather then Mount Everest-sized, but hey, that's my oppinion.

Sorry, I sure don't know much about titans but this just doesn't sound right, if you read storm of iron the IW do have dropships capable of dropping an Imperator (emperor) titan onto a planet, and of course that ship fits in a huge a** ship that carries 3 grand companies, armoured support, ammo, more titan dropships and so on. By going on this as an indicator it's fully possible to have an everest-sized titan.

Reaver- small mountain

Warlord- Mount everest

Emperor- errrr.....

Castigator- MASSIVE!!!

All of which is just bull, the warhound is 14m tall as by the imperial armour books, reaver is just under twice that

A lot of fluff will actually indicate that the warhound is actually the smallest titan, the reaver is the next tallest, then the warlord, then the Emperor class and it's variants and then the mighty castigator.

Yeah, The Warhound barely makes it as a proper titan. I think they gave it the rank of 'Scout Titan' instead. Come to think of it, the Warhound has to be around the same size as the eiffel tower, because roughly three times the size of that tower equals mt. Everest, So the Warhound and the Imperator/Warmonger titans are equally matched.

It's just come to my attention that titans are blasphemers...

I honestly think that the emperors are about 120m in hight and the castigator should be around 240m in height.

there is no official evidence of the real scale of these monsters because all the books that talk about them say different things.

but there is NO WAY! that a warhound is eiffel tower sized. it would be very hard to transport titans if this was the case and they wouldn't be worth the trouble.

you could send a few companies to do the same job.

Well if you look at art work size varies alot. Also I would suspect that depending on where the titan was made it size would vary. Personally the Warlord I worked on was 40 something inches and that looked like a good size on the board and compared to alot of the artwork. It also meant that the next tallest model on the board only just came up to the waste :P. I would personally put the Emperor class titans at about 70 inches. I don't care what the background info says... the artwork is so much cooler.

(BTW 70 inches 40k scale not real life size :lol:)

Well, lets agree that we disagree in titan sizes. :P

Let's be a bit realistic here. for starters, a Mount Everest sized Titan would have a lot of trouble to even move, yet alone fire it's ENORMOUS guns! The recoil would be so massive that the Titan would simply be thrown backwards, lose it's balance and crash to the ground. The Nova Cannon on the Imperial Mars class cruiser almost uses the ship's ENTIRE length just to mount the gun AND leave enough room for the recoil.

Secondly, the sources where these dimensions are taken from are writers who go realistic with the "normal/superheavy" fluff and go berzerk with the Warlord, Emperor and Castigator class dimensions. Just take a look at the head of the Imperator Titan in DoW Winter Assault. it's stated that the head alone is 12 metres tall! That's 2-3 metres from the size of an Warhound titan.

To end this post, I've added my oppinion on Titan sizes. You'll either have to agree or disagree with them. :lol:

Knights: 7-8m. tall

Warhound Class: Scout Titan, 14-15m. tall

Reaver Class: Medium Battle Titan, 30m. tall

Warlord Class: Main Battle Titan, 45m. tall

Emperor Imperator Class: 65m. Tall

Emperor Warmonger Class: 70m. Tall

Castigator Class: 85-90m. Tall

Oh, by the way, Evil Tyranid of Doom, the Blue Whale -Balaenoptera musculus- can reach a length of 33 metres, and the largest ever recorded by the National Marine Mammal Laboratory (NMML) was 29.9 metres in length. :lol:

Yeah, The Warhound barely makes it as a proper titan. I think they gave it the rank of 'Scout Titan' instead. Come to think of it, the Warhound has to be around the same size as the eiffel tower, because roughly three times the size of that tower equals mt. Everest, So the Warhound and the Imperator/Warmonger titans are equally matched.

It's just come to my attention that titans are blasphemers...

Please think about what you are writing... First of all, the Eiffel tower is a bit more than 300 m high, three times this is not even a kilometer, Mt. Everest is 8+ km!

Second, I've got an actual FW Warhound Titan model beside me right now. It's 26 cm tall, that's 10.5". Recalculating 300 m to 40k scale (1/60) gives 5 m! Conclusion: Warhound not equal size to the Eiffel tower

Third, we've got the measurement from the epic models as already noted. One reaver just below two warhounds, a warlord equals 2.5 warhounds etc. The warlord isn't even close to the Eiffel tower, and Mt. Everest... Please, just please... I mean come on... [smacking head hard into wall]

• 9 months later...

*Cough*

Personally, after having looked into the matter of the Adeptus Mechancus, and especially the Titan Legions for a few years, I believe I've come to a working solution in the matter of the scaling of Imperial titans as by 1/1 scale.

Atleast, it works for me. The point being that I just threw all the scaling out the window and created something as far as sizes go to be suitably intimidating for the trooper on the ground, yet practical enough to transport.

I know that many of you will scoff at the newfangled increased size that I've implemented, so I'll try my best to explain my heretical actions.

Knight Paladins, Errants, Barons, and Lancers perhaps some 10 - 15 meters tall. Since they are bigger than a dreadnought / Robot, and smaller than a Warhound.

Knight Castellans and Crusaders some 20 meters tall. Still smaller than a Warhound, but since they are heavy support and both mount a Quake cannon on their back, they are quite big already.

Warhound - Some 25 meters tall... Towers over a 5 storey building, yet is easily within cover in a city full of Administratus office buildings, hence it's scouting abilities won't be much hindered by size.

Reaver - As a battle titan by nature, it would do fine to be about 40- 60 meters tall. The size of a medium sized factory chimney stack. It'll blend into an industrial city fine...

Warlord - 120 - 175 meters. A bit over twice the size of a Reaver, the main battle titan of the imperium is intimidating to say the least, and will dwarf most things in its way.

Imperator - 350 - 370 meters tall... An impressive sight to behold and armed with a deadly array of weapons, the Imperator is a true killing machine, often serving as the spearhead of an assault on enemy positions

as few opponents can survive its fury. I live just a few kilometers from a 325 meter tall TV and Radio antennae, and although this height may seem overwhelming, truth be told its not undoable. Suitably terrifiying yet still transportable via spacecraft.

Warmonger - 320 - 330 meters tall. At this point many of you are still going :cuss?, shorter than an Imperator? Well abiding by the fluff and old epic models, it doesnt have the large spire towers on top of the fortress building, opting instead to mount batteries of AA-autocannons, and radar dishes.

Castigator - No idea.

--Xenox--

And all of which goes against anything more recent and official from FW, FW have stated warhound at 14m and reaver at 22.3m, the apocalypse book datasheet of the warlord shows it at 2.5 to 3 times the height of the warhound.

Most recent novels are also more realistic with their sizes, warlord are mentioned at 30 to 35 metres while the imperator class towers at 45 tot 50m

Mechanicum lists knights as beeing 9m.

Why can't some of you finally get it into your heads, GW are scaling down titans because they see how absolutely stupid it is to have titans the sizes of mountains, it simply can't carry it's own weight.

Fluff changes through the years, most stuff from the early years habe been rendered outdated and replaced by newer info.

AS for the argument what would a grunt on the ground find scary, are you beeing real to normal men your average modern day tank is already large and intimidating, not to mention that most imperial troops will have never ever seen a titan standing in front of them.

I have but 3 things to state as my defence against any possible accusations in the last post,

"And all of which goes against anything more recent and official from FW"

Quite true, although I was merely pointing out a size scale which in my mind confers the truly terrifying nature that massive walking fortresses should posess, and yet does not go to such lengths as "the size of mt. everest".

Also I wasn't basing it on any known fluff...

"absolutely stupid it is to have titans the sizes of mountains, it simply can't carry it's own weight."

Stupid? Well that depends. Perhaps from a modern day viewpoint of engineering. I tried to create my scaling as so not to be completely ridiculous, (aka the size of mountains), but as far as I'm concerned 45 meters is a bit too short for the largest land based vehicle built 40,000 years in the future. As I recall the skyscraper Burj Dubai is going to be 500+ meters tall, and with some clever construction it should have no trouble carrying it's own weight.

"most stuff from the early years habe been rendered outdated and replaced by newer info."

True yet again. But for titans, not much has changed in 20 years. The Imperator is still apparently classed as "somewhere in the range of 45 - 60 meters", just as it was already in the days of Adeptus Titanicus.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Just my 2 cents.

--Xenox--

Archived