Horus Heresy Movie Fictitious

abaddon3564

Realized yesterday who'd make a perfect Leman Russ - physically at least, judging by the cover of Prospero Burns: Triple H from the WWE:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4400000/HHH-and-Stephanie-triple-h-and-stephanie-mcmahon-4430835-400-308.jpg

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/triple-h2.jpg

"cos I AM the Game! And I'll make you pay"

As fans of 40k and the Horus heresy series, im sure we'd all want a cinematic adaptation to be at least as engrossing and exciting as the novels right?

Please for all thats holy, stop suggesting wrestlers <_< Beyond all the boltguns and grim dark lark, theres some pretty intense dramatic ground to be trodden upon with this material. Done right, a HH movie could be akin to a sci fi Greek tragedy.

Oh and these generic metal archetypes for Russ? Spare me. The overblown "We're norse and we must throw up the devil horns whilst straddling a lightning bolt as it crashes into a cask of ale surrounded by wenches" is what turned me off the space wolves. He's an awesome Primarch and he deserves to be played by someone who would lend the role the gravitas it deserves. He's about a lot more than just axeing everyone in sight.

For some reason im convinced Cillian Murphy should play Curze

I did say "physically at least", implying he might be lacking in other regards. But also, to be honest, Russ was a big buff dude who liked beating enemies to a pulp. Sure he had strong characteristics of loyalty, duty and a cunning, calculating streak that he tried to keep hidden, but he wasn't exactly the most complex person ever, and first and foremost he was the biggest badass going around. I don't think we quite need Laurence Olivier to pull it off! ;)

In other news, the role of Fulgrim will now be played by Charlie Sheen.

http://roccosrevolution.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/0308-charlie-sheen-machete-00-480x720.jpg

WINNING!

In other news, the role of Fulgrim will now be played by Charlie Sheen.

http://roccosrevolution.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/0308-charlie-sheen-machete-00-480x720.jpg

WINNING!

This is full of win!

• 2 weeks later...

Can only think of these 2 at the moment!

Jason Momoa - Angron

Chris Evans - Guilliman

Realized yesterday who'd make a perfect Leman Russ - physically at least, judging by the cover of Prospero Burns: Triple H from the WWE:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4400000/HHH-and-Stephanie-triple-h-and-stephanie-mcmahon-4430835-400-308.jpg

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/triple-h2.jpg

"cos I AM the Game! And I'll make you pay"

This has my vote!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more into the older look of the primarchs, worn and battle scared. I also try to stick away from big actors because i'd always like to think it could happen.

For Dorn I'd go with Stephen Lang (Avatar Colonel) site

or John Slattery (Plays roger sterling in Madmen), Site

-with sigismund being played by Adam Baldwin (of firefly/chuck)

A good Horus would be John Hamm (Don Draper from madmen) site

-Sam Worthington playing loken (avatar wheel-chair guy)

Mortarion could be played by Stephen Moyer (of True Blood, the paleskin just reaks of mortarion)

Sanguinus could be played by Bradley Cooper (A-team, Hangover)

Lorgar played by Bald Bruce Willis (Die Hard, etc)

Any actor can play alpharius/omegon

Corax could possibly be played by Josh Brolin (No country for old men, W.)

Colin Firth as Guilliman (The Kings Speech)

Alexander Skarsgard as Fulgrim (Trueblood)

Don't hate me for this Angron Actor, But Jackie Earle Haley (played Rorschach in watchmen) had psychotic attitude needed.

Donnie Yen as Khan (From IP Man, one of the best movies)

The lion can be played by James Caviezel (Passion of the christ)

Eric Bana as Magnus (Munich, Hulk)

Still need actors for Ferrus, Purturabo, and Curze...

What do u all think?

I'm more into the older look of the primarchs, worn and battle scared. I also try to stick away from big actors because i'd always like to think it could happen.

For Dorn I'd go with Stephen Lang (Avatar Colonel) site

Don't hate me for this Angron Actor, But Jackie Earle Haley (played Rorschach in watchmen) had psychotic attitude needed.

Really, really agree with your first point and like your choice for Dorn that goes with it.

As for Angron - no. Just no. Angron to me needs to be someone who can radiate threat and menace. That's not necessarily the same thing as psychotic. E.g. Gary Oldman does psychotic really well but he's never going to scare anyone because he doesn't radiate menace.

• 1 month later...

"Oh and these generic metal archetypes for Russ? Spare me. The overblown "We're norse and we must throw up the devil horns whilst straddling a lightning bolt as it crashes into a cask of ale surrounded by wenches" is what turned me off the space wolves. He's an awesome Primarch and he deserves to be played by someone who would lend the role the gravitas it deserves. He's about a lot more than just axeing everyone in sight."

Have you read Russ' backstory? He crashes on a planet, grows up with wolves, runs into men, discovers Wine Women and Song and decides that being a Man is pretty nifty so he conquers the entire damn planet in like...20-25 years? becomes the All King and then what? Does he try and raise up the standard level of technology? No. Does he attempt to get his people to work as a well oiled machine? No. He :cusss, :cusss up, eats and drinks everything in sight. Why? Because he wants to. Then the Emperor shows up, and is disgusted that the beast before him is his son. So he almost decides to leave Russ on Fenris wallowing in excess, but inevitably decides that he could not leave one of his sons out of his designs or Ignorant of his Birthright. So he reveals himself, tells Russ he is his creator and that he needs to get his :cuss together so he can come with the Emperor and join the great crusade. And what does Russ do? Tells him to his face to Piss Off because no man is his master. So the Emperor promises that he could best him in any contest, Russ' choice. So Russ decides on three Challenges. An EATING contest, a DRINKING contest, and a FIGHTING contest. The Emperor lost both the eating and the drinking contest. After these two tests the Emperor called him nothing but a Gluttonous Drunk, which segues into the fighting contest with the Emperor laying Russ' ass out cold, Only after loosing to him and recognizing the Emperor as a superior warrior does he swear fealty to him and join the great crusade. So if that's not Norse, Thunderbolts, Booze and Bitches...I really really don't know what is.

I do however agree that he's a lot smarter than he's given credit for and that this extends beyond his basic cunning. One of the best quotes to exemplify this is :

"You strive for victory. That is obvious. What may be less obvious is the nature of victory. There are circumstances in which you can destroy the enemy utterly, without loss to your own forces, and yet the victory may be his. In all situations, you must first decide on the nature of victory, and then take steps to secure it. Avoid the instinct of fight first and think later." (Meditations, Book VI)

He isn't suited for the role of Angron. His face is far too thin and he doesn't have that "let's go out and slaughter everything" look. He'd do well as a normal human, maybe a Princeps.

Has anyone mentioned who'd play normal humans instead of Astartes?

Archived