Sword Bearers

El-Diablo

...very soon. Just after xmas in fact. I'll be running through your list with a pad next to me so expect that PM to be a long one....

Aww, the best Christmas present I could've asked for! :rolleyes:

On second glance, the left of those two Marines appears to have a black blotch on the inside of his right (our left) greave? Was that intentional?

...very soon. Just after xmas in fact. I'll be running through your list with a pad next to me so expect that PM to be a long one....

Aww, the best Christmas present I could've asked for! :D

On second glance, the left of those two Marines appears to have a black blotch on the inside of his right (our left) greave? Was that intentional?

Its a little bit of brown ink I must have dabbed on when inking the bases. I'll get that sorted. Wouldn't of seen that otherwise, cheers Mol.

Cheers Till, glad you like 'em.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing quite like double posting your own thread. I do have a good reason though, I finished Tac Squad Arlan's heavy bolter so with that comes the mythical army photo. Not the best pic, but its not bad considering it's xmas eve and i've got a few beers in me.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Sword%20Bearers/Companyasof24dec08.jpg

Redeemer's next on the block. Plenty of magnest in that so it should be a fun build.

Merry xmas brothers!

Very inspiring Midian! They are very unified looking, and I think that the banners on the Seargents do wonders, very nice :lol: . I'm assuming that this is your gaming army, so who is that chappy gonna lead? Are you going to have rhinos for all of your squads? Im assuming so since I heard you were doing a full company.

Anyway, I look forward to updates, the Redeemer should be insane!

Merry Christmas!

as always, these guys look stunning Midian, this thread is by far my current favourite!

are you going to post anything in the Liber forum any time soon? I keep looking out for IA: Sword Bearers, Molotov's not the only one who'd like to see some fluff on these guys!

Lysimachus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey this is prob a newby question and maybe you have all ready answered this but, are you using transfers for the tactical squads or painting them? Big fan by the way...

Im painting over transfers - little more work but the result is better for it.

It's done!

Eagle eyed log watchers will notice a lack of rear cupola - im in the middle of converting a counts as Chronos and a automated multi-melta cupola that will fill that gap. Also got a pair of magnetized crusader sponsons on the go.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Sword%20Bearers/LRR1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Sword%20Bearers/LRR2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Sword%20Bearers/LRR3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Sword%20Bearers/LRR4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Sword%20Bearers/LRR5.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Sword%20Bearers/LRR6.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Sword%20Bearers/LRR7.jpg

Great stuff there midian (no suprise there)

its great to see the shot of the whole army :) very cool looking

the redeemer is hot stuff...although 110% effort would be to freehand some big sword(very chapter specific) along the top sides of the raider with a scroll weaving around it(i saw a Dark angels raider done that way somewhere)with some latin script relevant to your chapter...although you could just ignore everything i said and still have a most godly landraider redeemer :P

cheers Mithril

amazing paintjob! also good job on the airbrushing!

my airbrush arrived today, so watch out for major airbrushed marines malevolent in the near future...

i demand pictures of the WIP melta cupola and the chronos-count as !!

cheeers

tagsta

You have probably one of the best armies I have ever seen...I hope my Blood Angels will be as good as your Sword Bearers when I finish them..congratulations..

And one question : How did you painted the dirt on the tracks of the Redeemer?

Absolute hotness. Love the weathering. The only thing I find a little out of place is the colored sword icon of your chapter. Think it might look more integrated as some freehand.

- Blackbone

Im quite fond of the raised sword myself, I think it gives a more 'artificered' look over a freehand icon.

Great stuff there midian (no suprise there)

its great to see the shot of the whole army :lol: very cool looking

the redeemer is hot stuff...although 110% effort would be to freehand some big sword(very chapter specific) along the top sides of the raider with a scroll weaving around it(i saw a Dark angels raider done that way somewhere)with some latin script relevant to your chapter...although you could just ignore everything i said and still have a most godly landraider redeemer :D

cheers Mithril

Cheers Mithril, I was thinking about some freehand on the top, but I didn't want it to look too flashy. Keeps it looking more functional.

amazing paintjob! also good job on the airbrushing!

my airbrush arrived today, so watch out for major airbrushed marines malevolent in the near future...

i demand pictures of the WIP melta cupola and the chronos-count as !!

cheeers

tagsta

Cheers Tagsta.

Looking forward to the Marines Malevolent, the airbrush should deal with a yellow basecoat nicely. Pictures of the cupolas will be coming in the next couple of days, I need to have a think on how im going to do them.

Very nice.

One might almost say it's... super?

;)

No, it looks good thus far. Expect a reply to your PM imminently, too.

More furious than super i'd say. ;)

You have probably one of the best armies I have ever seen...I hope my Blood Angels will be as good as your Sword Bearers when I finish them..congratulations..

And one question : How did you painted the dirt on the tracks of the Redeemer?

Thanks, it's appreciated.

The weathering on the tracks was done with Mig pigments first, then drybrushed with bestial brown then graveyard earth.

Thanks to everyone else that has posted. I should have something else to show for the Sword Bearers in the next few days.

The weathering on the tracks was done with Mig pigments first, then drybrushed with bestial brown then graveyard earth.

First up, really great looking raider. I love the source lighting in the interior. :P

How did you apply the Mig pigments and have you sealed the raider yet? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of using pigments to weather my minis but previous experience of pigments and varnish is putting me off. I had a military model which I'd weathered using Mig pigments and which looked wonderfully dusty and dirty until I applied a coat of dull cote, at which point most of the pigments just seemed to disappear. :( I'd love to know if you've found a way round that little problem. :P

First up, really great looking raider. I love the source lighting in the interior. :tu:

How did you apply the Mig pigments and have you sealed the raider yet? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of using pigments to weather my minis but previous experience of pigments and varnish is putting me off. I had a military model which I'd weathered using Mig pigments and which looked wonderfully dusty and dirty until I applied a coat of dull cote, at which point most of the pigments just seemed to disappear. :( I'd love to know if you've found a way round that little problem. :)

Before the pigments went on I put down about 4 coats of dullcote at various intervals to stop any paint rubbing off from handling which gives a good base to put them over.

The pigments went on dry, almost drybrushed on. Then I used pigment fixer over the top. Don't use too much of it as it may dry blotchy. A coat of dullcote sorts it out though.

I originally put too much pigment on which turned most of the sides into a nice shade of brown. One of the bonuses with the pigment fixer is that you can apply more over the top when it's dry to fix mistakes. In my case I pulled the pigment away with a large brush and dabbed the excess liquid away with a tissue. Wen it's dry hit it with more dullcote and you shouldn't have a problem.

Before the pigments went on I put down about 4 coats of dullcote at various intervals to stop any paint rubbing off from handling which gives a good base to put them over.

The pigments went on dry, almost drybrushed on. Then I used pigment fixer over the top. Don't use too much of it as it may dry blotchy. A coat of dullcote sorts it out though.

I originally put too much pigment on which turned most of the sides into a nice shade of brown. One of the bonuses with the pigment fixer is that you can apply more over the top when it's dry to fix mistakes. In my case I pulled the pigment away with a large brush and dabbed the excess liquid away with a tissue. Wen it's dry hit it with more dullcote and you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for that, they didn't do the pigment fixer when I last used them, I'll give it a go.

Archived