BT army im working on

sugar-free

thanks all, here is just what i have done to the armour. trying to do a wet drybrush teck. enjoy

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/259/picture262.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7600/picture261j.jpg

Was thinking about starting a templar army, you sah have just tipped the balance, means I can try out shamelessly stealing your style and the recreate it as a cheap crappy knock off (with your permission of course). How long do you take roughly to paint each model?

Just a quick question in general to any black templar wandering through, is it always red white and black on the shields? or would a rich blue be acceptable instead of red to the fluff nuts out there? I ask this mainly so when I try to re-create this way of painting black and gold I will have some differences to the above awesomeness.

One last question (I know I know) I am assuming that when this army was started you were using the old gw black ink. do the new badab black wash create the same effect for the 1st layer over the white spray?

Thanks very much for any/all help, truly inspiring work.

Cheers

steal, steal, all u want. if i was worried about that i prob won't put my stuff up here. it not always reds, blacks, and whites. i would stay with a base of black and white though. add any color to the scheme, i think of them as being knights with a twist i guess. want them to look like they belong to the same army but also i want them to look like individuals. the shields are the best way to add color to individualize that fig from the rest.

yes i was and still am using the gw black inks. i water mine down alot and i also use a watered down chaos black. u would be amazed how well a watered down black becomes a great ink. it comes out flatter, it won't shine like the old inks do.

good luck. and keep the questions coming,

sugar-free out

Hi, me again.

one last question (for now) for models holding boltguns etc across their chest, do you leave the gun or gun plus arm off model while painting, i've tried doing this, but apart from being time consuming and a bit of hassel trying to keep track or all the random arms, i've found that it can be noticable when you glue the arm back on after painting model. any tips or tricks that I could try to stop this, or do you not do this anyway?

Thanks in advance.

(continues to wait eagerly for updates :) )

(bah double posts)

Archived