Mephiston WIP

I am Legion

Well, I have this Mephiston model collecting dust, so I decided to do a bit of conversion work on him. I'm going for something similar to that old picture in the Angels of Death codex, I'm sure you all know what I am talking about. I'm not an amazing sculpter or anything but I didn't like the pose he was in right now. So for a start, I have cut off his arms and left shoulder pad. I was going to cut off the right one, but I really like that skull, I didn't want to interfere too much with it. also keep in mind that I am working with sub par tools.

gallery_32371_1885_19723.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_24121.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_43516.jpg

Comments welcome. Ideas very welcome....

• 3 weeks later...

ok so I've gotten a bit more done now, the right arm didn't come out low enough, but oh well.

gallery_32371_1885_12972.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_117119.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_78529.jpg

so what do you guys and girls think I should do?

Oh but before that, I'm also going to chop those line of skulls from one of the sides and lengthen his cloak, the back of the cloak will also probably be smoothed out to show that it is in fact blowing in the wind.

Its looking good, nice to see a varied special character. Changing those arms alters the model more than I'd have thought.

I do think that the left (his right) arm is too long though - it looks really close to the ground.

Keep up the good work.

Tsuro

Yeah I thought so too, but i measured it compared to the left arm which is one piece just turned to the side, and it is the same length (including the glove). That a space marines natural arm length outstretched....in fact I'll double check against my attack bike................yup same length. always good to doublecheck, thanks. also I'm going to add a index finger to the left arm. like in the picture.

Now that's a great idea for a conversion! I simply love the idea of him standing there after a fight, wiping blood from his lips. Can't wait for more! :tu:

To get it 100% like the picture will be hard as this model is not set up for it. Like I said earlier, the arms are on the opposite sides of how they are in the picture. The cape might be a bit of work....but other then that, I'll be happy if it's in the 75% similarity mark.

Also, I'm going to give him a Phoenix on his cape along with some fire instead of the blood wave that he has there now.

I like it. Simple, yet it gives a different feel to the model. I'm not sure about a phoenix as it doesn't seem too Blood Angely - Perhaps an angel to represent Sanguinius? Or maybe a symbol of Death. He is the Lord of Death afterall :HQ:

Though I like the pose, the arms are too long, the hands a bit too large and the sword hilt is ridiculously long.

Beork

i agree, the hilt is far too long, maybe if it were half as long it would look twice as good, IMO the hands and arms are a fine size. great idea with the wiping the blood away.

keep up the good work.

For the long handle; I like bastard swords. swords need to have big handles. Also my friend made me convert him and he wanted the long handle, and he seems to like it, so I can't really change it. Also, I added long teeth to the skull shoulder pad, and I've primed him. Now I need an Idea of what colours to paint him....

I've decided his eyes will be black pits with a little yellow pupil. I'm thinking of making the inside of the cloak Dark red, and the back will be black with some picture on it (suggestions welcome). The skull pad and all other skulls will (probably) be a grey to white blend like my Chaplain (check hall of fae DC chaplain thread). The chest armour, black, and a really pale vampire face. the rest....no clue. all is subject to change.

I understand the bit about liking long handles, and the bit about it being for a client, but a bastard sword has a far shorter handle being a one and a half hander. Hell even two handed swords have smaller handles.

still, the general model is ok

Beork

hm, I hear what you guys are saying regarding the handle. You're right, the handle is a bit long. it's almost the length of the blade making it some sort of thrusting weapon instead of a sword. As far as blandness goes, what would you add to make the handle look cooler?

Archived