Mephiston WIP

I am Legion

indeed, a scroll or a small chain ending with a bloodangel logo/pendant

I noticed my posts were full with negative points but lacked the positive and helpfull ones. My apologies for that.

Beork

That's what 'commenting' is all about. I won't improve with praise alone (though it's Greatly appreciated). Anyway here's my latest, plus I'm looking for wings for him. Also, I know the teeth need work, and I will clean them up.

gallery_32371_1885_80648.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_79887.jpg

What do you think; loose hanging, or crinkled and glued in position?

gallery_32371_1885_38643.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_119227.jpg

Im personally very for that long handle. really cool. Gives the feeling that he can hold on to it and really lay into an opponent.

Wheres the plasma pistol going?

Also, dont go for the phoenix - not too BA.

Purple will go well with the face, though im not a fan of the vampire look.

Thanks for the help Mort. I actually forgot about that plasma pistol, I guess I can use the nice one from the commander box set and just add a grip....but where to put it indeed....? And yes that's what I was going with when I made the handle, it gives it that Sanza Sword(from ruroni kenshin) feel to it, minus the giant blade.

• 3 weeks later...

That does look really cool. With regards to the back, i think the picture of the Angel as a sort of commemoration (sp?) to Sanguinius is a VERY cool idea.

Ekkanus

well The black parts of his cloak will be purplish-black, and the front needs a deeper red. As for the angel. I want to draw the blood angel wings on the back of his cloak in white, with either a white, red, or gold blood drop. I was told not to bother by someone, so now I don't know what to do. I really do want to paint te wings on there. What do you guys think? Also, what colour do I paint the wings on his belt? Leave it white or paint them red to go with the rest of the army?

• 3 weeks later...
I really like the look of this mod as it is simple, still Mephiston, but different enough to make him stand out. Great work indeed, however I can't help but feel like the shoulder fangs are coming out of the lower jaw and not the upper. It looks like the bottom .5mm of the mouth needs filed off so that there are only the top teeth, and then have the fangs coming out of there. Or use some green stuff to make the upper teeth above the fangs appear to be the fang. Not sure if this is clear or not...

• 2 months later...

Alright, let me just say two things:

1) I deleted all the photos from the album without even thinking about it, thus rendering this whole WIP thread worthless. I will try to go back and re-insert some photos so that people can see the progression.

2) I finally have some time again, so i continued this model. but I need some advice. I don't like alot of things here such as the face colour. And I'm not liking the blue for the robe highlight. It didn't come out very nice, and the colour itself doesn't seem to fit. any ideas?

gallery_32371_1885_34120.jpggallery_32371_1885_7835.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_106010.jpg

For the robe my suggestion would be to highlight up from black using dark reds and purples. perhaps chaos black up through purples to scab red. its dark but then the robes would be almost a dark blood red, and more fitting for a vampiric lord.

As for the face, perhaps highllighting it up with elf flesh and a small hint of a purple to give it a blueish palor.

I have no idea on the ratios as i'd have to mix them up but a palatte of red based colours and pallid flesh with the blue piping and wiring and gold should look pretty sweet.

See I thought of doing the dark red, maybe I'll just do that then. as for the face it is highlighted with elf flesh, that's why it's so bright. Maybe I should give it a light flesh wash overtop....

gallery_32371_1885_10468.jpggallery_32371_1885_24449.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_50645.jpg

Better or worse?

ok, so I fixed the face a bit, and cleaned up the cloak a bit.

gallery_32371_1885_28462.jpg

What I need help with now are what colour to make the arms, and gloves? I'm going to attempt making the sword look reflective. I've never done it, but we'll see....

also, what colour should I make the backpack? does gold sound cool? and lastly, I'm going to paint the BA logo on his cloak, I painted the drop so far and it turned out ok. The wings will be white

Two things

The blue needs to be toned down, possibly with some green thrown in or just darkened up a bit. It's too saturated and sort of jars it for me in the photos.

I really feel like the chest armor is a really cool bit of this sculpt and maybe you would do some more to make it pop, highlight it even more extremely with red-orange-yellow to make it stand out more.

The face lacks definition and might be too saturated as well, I would do something with purples/blues to tie that and the tubes as well as make him look palid and vampire like.

The reds on the cloak and robes is a much better effect but it does throw up the fact that he looks a little like he's been on a sunbed! maybe another really pale highlight to make it a little more pallid.

i love this model (even as a diehard DA fan) and the paint job on yours is really shaping up nicely.

ok I'm getting a mixed reaction here for the face colour. Some people are saying lighter, some are saying darker. The picture doesn't capture the colour just right. The model in front of me looks just right with the darker look, and if I make it lighter then it will look too light because of the grey hair...

I'll see what I can do though. maybe a elf flesh wash to go over the whole thing will lighten it up just a bit...

And about the chest part. you want me to make bring it up to a yellow? The little bit of scab red that I used there is just to break up the black. Does anyone else think that I should do that?

ok I'm getting a mixed reaction here for the face colour. Some people are saying lighter, some are saying darker. The picture doesn't capture the colour just right. The model in front of me looks just right with the darker look, and if I make it lighter then it will look too light because of the grey hair...

I'll see what I can do though. maybe a elf flesh wash to go over the whole thing will lighten it up just a bit...

And about the chest part. you want me to make bring it up to a yellow? The little bit of scab red that I used there is just to break up the black. Does anyone else think that I should do that?

I am just saying that I personally like his chest armor and brightening it up would make it stand out . I am not sure that yellowing it is the best idea for that, or even if you want to do that.

The face is just bland right now, which is probably mostly the photo. My idea was the make him more pallid and slightly blue/purple to tie his face to the cabling, which like I mentioned, stands out to me like a sore thumb.

add a lttle bit of fortress grey to a mix of dwarf and elf flesh. then for an even more pallid look, add a gradually soft highlight of bleached bone, elf flesh, and fortress grey.

Archived