and pesonally i like the dreadnought!

i don't see why everyone else dosn't =[

my only critisism would be the metal

its seems too bright

so i'd suggest darkening it in some way

but thats just me

keep up the good work =]

• 3 weeks later...

You make us at our warhammer gaming group sound like horrible people!

I'm attempting to paint all my space marines, but I just got 48 orks and I feel like painting up some of them, and I still needa finish off about 6 conversions.

I'm also with the shield, I can visualize the dreadnought backhanding a bunch of eldar with it :mellow: .

That tactical vet sgt looks grizzly, especially with the head.

More! I demand more!

Edit: If you're up for it and going this friday I challenge you to a 1000 pt game.

My name be not rory.

and the g-relk spoke unto the lurkers and posters of B&C

"an update ye shall recieve by the end of this day, tho not much of an update it will be."

"for not much work i have done, as i have become addicted to the devil that is trackmania united forever"

"go forth and spread the word: g-relk will update his thread"

then, after he edited g-relk spoketh unto Disistablishmentarianism

"you, for he i am not sure who is (tho an incling i do have) shall do battle with the forces of mine on the friday that is the 4th of the month of july."

"conditions being that you are, infact, the young man going by the name of rory, and not alex, nor seb."

WOW!

GREAT CONVERSIONS!

Have you tried a "Gunze" brand Marker for lettering (words)? (Gundam Marker: Black (Fine-tip for panel lines)

They are for filling in the panel seams in Gundam (Japanese giant robot) models, and are similar to an extra-fine "Sharpie" brand permanent marker). Some use similar for lettering, there may be a post somewhere already.

What about washes? Some use this method, some use an Ard'coat mixture, again there may be a post already.

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Your Army is amazing, keep up the excellent work!

Rex

that marker sounds like a good idea for doing the clan markings, which i find a bit hard to do. and i suppose when your talking about washes that you mean my metal?? i like the way the metal looks as it is easy to do, and looks fairly effextive. i tend to paint my models quite simply, as it takes less time to do, and doesnt take away from the conversions. their is some good stuff in that article too, so thanks for that rex.

anywho, onto the (day late) update (with semi bad pictures):

note: i ran outta good stuff to put on my bases, so most of these guys will be baseless till i buy some more CoD buildings for spares.

(the one that does have a base had his salvaged from another mini that i never finished.)

first set

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0128.jpg

second set of lads

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0127-1.jpg

thats it for now, and ill update when i start painting the guy with the base.

C&C welcome

cheers

charles

What happens if my name isn't rory?

The new models/conversions look good, I like the flamer marine (what's on his other hand?) and the one with the ammo box (is the ammo clip on his bolter from an ork?).

I think you should do a commander, iron fathers don't count :lol: I'd like to see what you come up with.

Any terminators?

What happens if my name isn't rory?

The new models/conversions look good, I like the flamer marine (what's on his other hand?) and the one with the ammo box (is the ammo clip on his bolter from an ork?).

I think you should do a commander, iron fathers don't count :lol: I'd like to see what you come up with.

Any terminators?

then A) someone has stolen your a marines army, and :) i MAY not end up playing you tonight. (plus, youur the only person i now on the B&C, and you play marines and go to my WH club, so you HAVE to be rory)

i havent done a commander as i cant take one. if i upgrade the techmarine to a techmarine HQ (as i have) then i cant take commanders. plus, chaplains are better for the ponts any way.

the thing in his other hand is a hand flamer that i made using a cut up flamer. ill show you tonight.

That's gonna change in a few months, you'll have a master of the forge character as well as commanders in the new dex, so maybe in the future?

These new guys look great, I especially like the plasma gunner, he somehow has oodles of personality. Keep up the good work!

i forgot about the master of the forge guy. ive got a tonne of spares here and i might start to put one together for sthe new dex.

i agree with you about the plasma gunner, he came out just right. i dont know if its the pose, or the differant armour styles, but it just works.

i may do some a termie for my command squad as a veteran sergeant. ill have to get buy some stuff to do that tho. the ammo drum is indeed from an ork (max gave me a couple of shootahs for nix)

also, since the last update, i have based the lateset flamer guy, the plasma gunner, and the guy with a lascannon from a few updates ago.

Well I'll bring 1000 pts anyway, and if not I still have to write up what to get for my army, and I can assure I'm not rory, call it a blind battle.

Well I'll bring 1000 pts anyway, and if not I still have to write up what to get for my army, and I can assure I'm not rory, call it a blind battle.

i havent done a commander as i cant take one. if i upgrade the techmarine to a techmarine HQ (as i have) then i cant take commanders. plus, chaplains are better for the ponts any way.

That would make sense...

Now that I notice it that plasma gunner is pretty freakin' awesome.

• 3 months later...

rejoice, members of this forum known as the bolter and chainsword, for his awesomeness, G-relk has once again started down the path of finishing an army.

TL;DNR: im starting my iron hands again, expect updates soon.

on the burner is: another dreadnught (this time with 2 x twin linked auto cannons) to fill out my heavy support choices instead of a devestator squad, a vanguard veteran squad for the hell of it, and turning my dreadnought with the sheild into an ironclad by giving it a seismic hammer instead of the multi-melta. also going to have a go at converting up a whirlwind, with the missile launcher built into the inside of the chassis.

ok, i FINALLY got around to taking the pics of my progress

the first on is my lateset distraction: a daemonhunters dread that i bought second hand and am going to do up

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0140.jpg

second up is the first 5 veterans of the vanquard squad, the last model will be a sergeant with relic blade and storm sheild

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0144.jpg

and last but not least is my nearly completed chainfist arm to make my dreadnought with the shield into an ironclad. still some minor GS work to go but its mostly finished now.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0145.jpg

this is also my first prototype for a twin linked auto cannon arm for a fourth iron hands dread (it will take a heavy support slot). im not too sold on it, but what do you guys n gals think??

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0136.jpg

ill get more pics up as i do stuff, but in the mean time tell me what you think of my latest stuff

cheers

charles

:o oh my god :o

I love the vanguard on the far right, actually I love them all, just him more :wub:. Does the guy with the melta-bomb have a very large power sword, or is it just me.

Nice work on the Chainfist too, I like the use of Sentinel? bitz.

and why arent YOU at school??? :P

the sward is really long actually. its based off a WHFB empire runfang attached to a chainsword hilt/workings.

the chainfist is 2 normal marine chainswords glued together. i would prefer the catachan chainsaw thingy tho, much bigger teeth, and it's better looking.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, again, its update time!

first up: my mostly finished vanguard veteran sergeant with storm shield and elic blade

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0148.jpg

next we have the pics of the great distractions (read: grey knight dreadnoughts) arms:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0149.jpg

and a couple of differant shots of the nearly finished DCCW. just need some plasticard to make the blade, and a bt more wireing and its done.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0150.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0151.jpg

while the twin auto cannons isnt that fluffy, it was easy to convert, and a very versatile weapon, so it stays until i can make some sort of psycannon or incinerator arm. i am aware that forgeworld make a psycannon arm for the MK IV dread along with a suitable GK DCCW arm, but im a cheapo, and have loads of spare dread arms lying around that i dont use.

so what do you think?? ill get a pic of the GK dread with the arms on it soon. also bought a bottle of metho the other day so i can start to strip it back to bare metal/resin/plastic.

PLEASE leave C&C so i have feadback to work with!

cheers

charles

I do so love your vanguard, but to nitpick, the sergeant's pose looks a tad unnatural to me and the guy with the long sword looks cool but imho is a little static for a guy with a jump pack on.

I think the GK dreadnought is turning out great, good luck on stripping. The auto-cannon arm looks good, even if it may not be fluffy and the only thing that really comes to mind when I look at the unfinished DCCW is an over-sized sword, it explains why no one would get an armor save :P.

IIRC I was sick :D, 850pts of orks is too many bodies...

• 4 weeks later...

got updates coming soon.

ive built a few more tactical marines, started on the arms for the 4th dread, started to paint the DCCW for the grey knights dread, built a terminator captain, and a few other small things.

going to take pics tonight after i get home.

then im going to start pumping them out to try and compete with kikkala >:yes:

and last but not least is my nearly completed chainfist arm to make my dreadnought with the shield into an ironclad. still some minor GS work to go but its mostly finished now.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0145.jpg

this is also my first prototype for a twin linked auto cannon arm for a fourth iron hands dread (it will take a heavy support slot). im not too sold on it, but what do you guys n gals think??

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0136.jpg

I especially like the Chainfist Conversion!!

With the Autocanon the rear side of the arm looks good.

But I think you should greenstuff some more armor up to the first cowlings (I thats the term??) at the base of the barrel.

Just to make it look better supported.

+

A Big ammo belt running down to an ammo case on the back would be cool too..

Great conversions on......everything.

pic

pic

I especially like the Chainfist Conversion!!

With the Autocanon the rear side of the arm looks good.

But I think you should greenstuff some more armor up to the first cowlings (I thats the term??) at the base of the barrel.

Just to make it look better supported.

+

A Big ammo belt running down to an ammo case on the back would be cool too..

Great conversions on......everything.

i ended up scrapping that auto cannon arm, ive got a new idea, just need some parts to realise it (ork warbike gun hangers). i didnt like the look of the over-under barrels, wasnt the look i was after

i am thinking about doing an ammo belt to the back of the dread, making it will be a pain tho, as will transportation, so i think im gonna leave it be.

Archived