National Capital Region, USA

Thraximus

i live in fairfax, VA. Apparently a GW is opening up in the Fairoaks mall soon

Staff at the burnie bunker and GW springfield have been talking about this for a while now. The barber shop near game stop seems to be the location for the new store as the barber shop has stated to customers it is moving to another area in the mall. There are other shop fronts in that section that are closed as well though, so I am not sure where the actual location will be, though I am pretty sure the area near game stop makes sense. Decent location there though as Game Parlor is a good 15 to 20 mins from the mall and there is a good amount of corporate office space and housing in the local area...suspect the shop will open sometime this spring/summer

• 2 months later...
The place really is in the middle of nowhere though, the first time I drove out there I thought I was lost. I can't believe they put such a huge store in such a terrible location.

C'mon, guys.... saying it's in the middle of nowhere is a bit unfair. It's more like an abandoned industrial area on the outskirts of nowhere... :P

In all seriousness though, I've never played there but I like shopping there. There's also a local gaming shop called "Games and Comics and Stuff" on B&A Blvd in Glen Burnie... excellent store on the 1st floor and open gaming area on the 2nd. It's more of a role-playing game store, but the owner (great guy) just started WH and WH40k on Monday nights. He swore for years he wouldn't get involved with GW products, but finally succumbed to the lure of the darskide. Anyway... I suggest it as an alternative if the Battle Bunker is too packed or the crowd isn't to anyone's liking.

i live right down the road from games and comics and stuff

i went in there a few times before they moved to the two-story place a few stores down, but i haven't been in the new location yet.

bonus for anyone that wants to check it out: twilight zone comics is literally right around the corner from it. walk a few feet, cross the street and you're there.

i'm not too big a fan of twilight anymore since they remodeled, but it used to be a fabulous little hole in the wall shop. now it mostly carries only recent comics and feels too much like a business for my taste, but i'd still recommend giving it a visit :angry:

• 1 month later...

I'm on the east side of Baltimore county, so it's about 20 minutes for me to the bunker. White Marsh is only about 15 minutes away, but I refuse to do any gaming there (too cramped).

I also used to go to Westminster pretty regularly until I moved last month, but I still occasionally get back up there.

Also, there's a GW opening in Columbia / Ellicott City soon (August is when I think the employee told me) - in the old Palace 9 shopping center off 108.

• 1 month later...

I play at White Marsh much of the time, but also at the Bunker and Yorkridge.

Something people should be aware of is that we're attempting to start a local game club that will run tournaments (since there's no good tournament scene here, despite it being GW's North American headquarters). That club is called the "Inner Circle" and forums at: http://icgc.users-board.net/forum.htm

There are 'club meetings', which are essentially open gaming nights at Game, Comics and Stuff every other Tuesday (there's on this week, 8/25) and there's lots of gaming, 40k, board games, Magic, pretty much anything, and lots of people looking to learn new games. We just started a Blood Bowl League and are also having a 40 tournament on September 5th.

Check it out.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was in the Annapolis Mall on May 4th, and the GW store just simply wasn't there!!! Anyone know what happened to it?

I live in St Mary's, looking for fun people to game with. I occasionally visit the basement dungeon known as Bowe's Books... good guys in there...

ZOMG I've played a few times down at Bowe's and it is a dungeon... I live in the Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall area if you're ever down for a game :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, i'm one unpainted model away from my first 500 point army(eldar), which should be painted up in the next few days, so if anyone in the glen burnie/anne arundel county area wants to play, that'd be awesome.

fair warning, i'm totally new. never played a game yet, so you'll have to bear with me getting used to the rules. but if anyones interested, message me or reply here :P

• 1 month later...
I live in the White Marsh area. I work 10 minutes from the Bunker and live with the GW @ White marsh almost in my backyard. I just started 40k a short time ago and have a couple of games under my belt. I started with Tau and recently started a Black Templar army. Anyone interested in meeting for a game let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello any and all,

I'm moving to the D.C. area shortly and am looking for an apartment. Of course my #1 concern is distance to the nearest gaming store with lots of Fantasy and 40K goodness. I'm primarily looking in Falls Church/Arlington/Alexandria - any stores in NE Virginia? Thanks,

Trefenwyd