Ohio, USA

ChaosKen60

Toledo actually has a very large 40k community, our store "The Game Room" on sylvania ave has 18 tables for gaming and has several adepticon and gencon multi time champions that game weekly.

also toledo ohio is home to some painting champs

chris borer being "the best" IMHO

multi time golden deamon and slayer sword winner

Edited by vash1023

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you live in the Dayton area there are two stores you should try out on Saturdays.

Bookery Fantasy in Fairborn (north of Dayton) has about a ten tables in the basement and some friendly players.

Krystal Keep in Kettering (south of Dayton) has even more tables and players. It fills up pretty good by the afternoon with 40k and Fantasy players, so it's fairly easy to find a pickup game.

• 1 month later...

If anyone in the Greater Cincinnati Area wants to play, just send me a PM.

I've got a few friends and we are looking for different armies to play, instead of beating up on each other. We have Black Templars, Tau, a friend getting his tyranids built up, and a GK player with a small force, slowly adding more.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Heard this weekend that Krystal keep is closing it's doors the end of this year. might want to check on this if you are gaming in the Dayton Area.

If you live in the Dayton area there are two stores you should try out on Saturdays.

Bookery Fantasy in Fairborn (north of Dayton) has about a ten tables in the basement and some friendly players.

Krystal Keep in Kettering (south of Dayton) has even more tables and players. It fills up pretty good by the afternoon with 40k and Fantasy players, so it's fairly easy to find a pickup game.

• 1 month later...
Heard this weekend that Krystal keep is closing it's doors the end of this year. might want to check on this if you are gaming in the Dayton Area.

It's true, so right now for Dayton the 2 stores (that I am aware of) is Bookery Fantasy in Fairborn and EpicLoot Games in Miamisburg/Kettering area. I believe there is a hobby store near the dayon mall (unconfirmed) that sells GW models but not sure about game tables.

Edited by Order_of_the_Dragon

• 3 months later...

The local columbus gaming sites are The Guardtower and The Soldiery. The Guardtower has a monday night 40k gaming, just show up any time after 6, that continues to midnight. The Soldiery has a tuesday night youngbloods/beginners gaming from 5is until 10pm and generally have a bunch of small-points games going. They also host monthly Sunday big battles. If you get more experience and want to try out tounaments, or just get some more info about the local stuff,

The Chapter Master's Advisor is run by a newark-area shop, but has information on The Soldiery sunday battles and other events in the Columbus area.

Edited by TJWyrm

Awesome, yeah ive been picking ym stuff up gradually from the guardtower. Seems to me to be a better place than the soldiery. But i had no idea the soldiery had beginner nights so that sound like the thing for me. WHat i need to do is just call a shop ahead of time and see if one of the dudes workin will play me in a couple small rounds.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bowling Green, Ohio.
20min South of Toledo.
40min from Tiffin.

Hoping to get active, (I've played a bit up there, but only like 5 games in the last 4 years or so). Life just kept kicking me in the balls when I wanted to focus on 40k, but things are looking up.

I'm cool with casual play, my armory is very 5th/6th in the mentality behind it (raided ebay when I was in college), just focusing on getting read up on the current stuff now.
Would love to find people willing to play on Campus (I'm an Alum), maybe try to convert people from the BGSU gaming club to wargaming.

Bowling Green, Ohio.

20min South of Toledo.

40min from Tiffin.

Hoping to get active, (I've played a bit up there, but only like 5 games in the last 4 years or so). Life just kept kicking me in the balls when I wanted to focus on 40k, but things are looking up.

I'm cool with casual play, my armory is very 5th/6th in the mentality behind it (raided ebay when I was in college), just focusing on getting read up on the current stuff now.

Would love to find people willing to play on Campus (I'm an Alum), maybe try to convert people from the BGSU gaming club to wargaming.

I'm in Waterville, not far at all from BG. Haven't played much at all since 5th but I'd be down for some games if you want to PM me.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

To revise the dayton area options:

-Bookery Fantasy is in Fairborn and has good stock, terrain, and tables (tables located in basement). Has been a good source of cheap 2nd hand minis for me over the years.

-Epic Loot in centerville has ample table space and decent stock.

-Hobby Town (?) in miamisburg has good prices on GW stuff.

-GW store in Huber Heights... is kinda tiny and, for the sake of honesty, offers nothing over the other 3 really. All the other stores at least offer a discount or frequent shopper program. Nice enough guys but I've not seen anything there I can't get elsewhere.

Several previous people mentioned Krystal Keep but sadly they are dead and gone now.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

• 1 month later...

That Game Shop has tables for open play in Hudson, Ohio. It's only been open a few months, and the owner (Don) and a couple of us have been trying to get some decent terrain painted up. There's a Facebook page under Thatgameshopllc with the address and hours and some pictures of the place.
 I should  put in that the store is a bit difficult to find, it's under Daves Cosmic Subs, and the entrance is past the sub shops doors down some stairs. =)

Edited by zerorunner

• 3 months later...