Tzeentchian Daemons + Soulgrinder added 26/8

MrManson

Again, thanks everyone! I'm really glad you like them, and I hope they can inspire someone else to join the forces of the Changer of the Ways.

Midnight Angel & cathar the great: I have to agree with you on the Juggernoughts. They were actually the result of my more lazy side, I wanted to do a unit of eight bloodletters, which left me with two leftovers from the box. Unsure of what to do with them I suddenly remembered I had an old WHFB-Khorne Chariot painted in my closet. So I just took that one apart and used the Juggernoughts straight away, without repainting them. I guess it shows that they were painted some ten years ago... Should go back and redo them, and now you've given me some inspiration. Or buy some new ones. Though I would prefer the really old kind, I think. What do you guys think, which version would suit the army best?

well i think you should use the ones you got. The models scupltwise don't look bad. I do prefer the newer ones, but since you already go the riders converted up to fit those, i would just use what you got and just simply strip and repaint the juggers.

The Juggernauts look fine, but they do stick out.

You could just try adding a chessboard effect on the black armor plates. It would tie them in, but still keep them unique.

Or it might just end up camouflaging them. Hard to tell.

Ack...agack....Raksha'holshasleethezusharrr....Aksho'Tzeeneth Phaos!

I think your daemons are having weird effects on me...

In all seriousness, those are some of the most characterful, distinct and downright consummately produced miniatures I have seen full stop. Wonderful, wonderful work.

It just keeps getting better and better. Love the original RT feel of this army. 'eavy metal paint jobs and all. Very inventive and characterful. It does have a grotesque feeling in that they are spiders and demons, but not an abusive gross, if that makes any sense.

I agree on the juggers as well. I think a more dynamic paint scheme with red and metalics would be a better choice.

Great job. Very jealous. :rolleyes:

edit: I just noticed the guard helmet on one of the spider deamons. Very ingenious. :P

2nd edit: what if you did the juggers in the same paint scheme as the rest. Instead of straight black do the deep dark blue, then pick up the golden blend in the blood letter horns for the metal trim. Then do some of your green as details on the jugger like the eyes and such. That will help to tie it all in imo. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the good ideas on the Juggernaughts! I will ponder them a bit more, will probably paint my two-legged Soulgrinder before I go back and repaint the Juggers anyway. But all ideas will be taken into consideration.

Managed to paint a few more things the last few days. Painting is really slow right now as I'm spending most of my time working. Anyway, here are two more Threadweavers, as well as a Herald on Disc I slapped together rather hastily (decided not to convert him in any spectacular ways, and rather let a reverse colour scheme show his rank:

med_gallery_18697_2087_157902.jpg

med_gallery_18697_2087_51933.jpg

med_gallery_18697_2087_51336.jpg

gallery_18697_2087_102786.jpg

med_gallery_18697_2087_103448.jpg

gallery_18697_2087_339839.jpg

Thank god FW let Renegade Militia ally with Daemons/CSM.

Means I can take a lovely contingent of daemons.

they wont be a quarter good as yours though.... <_<

• 1 month later...

It's been an extremly slow summer painting-wise, so unfortunately, the Juggers have not yet been fixed. But I've managed to do something at least.

First up is my two-legged Soulgrinder. I'm not so sure about the result, I like him, he looks menacing, but do you think his skin needs to be even brighter (more orange)? And what do you think about the base, should I go for smaller squares (this one was made quite hastily, as the first one I made, which was supposed to look like the chessboard broke apart under his weight, turned out really bad. So I made this one instead, but I didn't have the patiance right then to make another one with smallish squares)? Anyway, on to the pictures:

med_gallery_18697_2087_7917.jpg

med_gallery_18697_2087_114898.jpg

med_gallery_18697_2087_4747.jpg

med_gallery_18697_2087_130461.jpg

Next up is something I did as more of a test. I bought GW's new washes, and wanted to try them out on something. So, I went for some Plaguebearers. These were painted almost entirely using the new washes over a white undercoat, and I'm really pleased with the result. Will probably do a lot more of the blighters in the future.

med_gallery_18697_2087_35315.jpg

med_gallery_18697_2087_226157.jpg

As always, C & C is extremly welcome! And thanks for looking!

You already know my position on bi-pedal soulgrinders and defilers, but apart from that it's a nice model! I love the marble-effect on the leg-armour! You really should use that effect more often! The red looks fine, though I think all your red models could use a little more contrast. They look fine, though a little flat and matte for my taste. Though this is just my personal taste, of course. Keep up the good work! How many points of fully painted Daemons do you have now? And how many points total of chaos, counting marines, daemons and traitors (using the FW Vraks-list)?

/Angerforce.

Archived