true scale Imperial fists

This chappie is my company elder standard bearer, for my IF's, company baner will be in his left hand not sure what weapon i want to give him yet... but for now theres something not quite rite about his pose and i cant put my finger on it... also he's missing something (apart from feet and arms :D )

Would be a big help if i got some feedback on him as im strugling a bit with him.

all help appreciated!

gallery_30264_2037_87144.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_62799.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_128393.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_1370.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_36363.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_154240.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_104874.jpg

S.O.N.

looks great to me! id bulk up the bionic leg a bit - maybe add afew more pipes or pistons.

though it would be easier to see what might be wrong when the feet are done and with pics taken from farther away or that are smaller so i can see the whole pic without having to scroll up or down :D

I think what might be slowing you down is that the lower halves of the greaves are out of position.

I know you don't have feet there yet, but at the moment it looks like both feet will be pointing inwards when they are added (the lower half of the greaves are rotated towatds the inside on each leg). They need to be pointing outwards for balance.

If you have his right foot (the raised one) pointing in-line with his thigh - it wll solve a lot of the problems.

Similarly if you twist his left foot/leg out toward the way his shoulders are orientated, it might help it look more natural.

I think also, if one looks at the first pic, his hips look orientated directly toward the camera. His shoulders point out to the corner of the shot. While this is not impossible, it looks unnatural due to the foot problem I mentioned above.

Now, having got the negative out the way, the GS work on his chest is phenomenal - especially the fist. Are these hand sculpted or casted? Inquiring minds and all. Looking forward to seeing him and any colleagues when they pop up in the future.

Cheers

Widowmaker

Thanks to you all! Hadnt started on bulking out the legs as i knew there was something wrong so i thought id ask everyone herewhat they thought! Widowmaker, as soon as i read that the greaves were wrong it all made sense! thanks!

Hopefully the hip problem will be solved when he has some arms as he'll be holding the baner to the left so hopefully should balance it out then, like hes pulling it out of the ground to move off... i hope!

More pistons will be added!

All the greens on the model are by hand, want everything to look individual so am keeping away from moulds an the such, also i think id lose some detail in the moulding process!

As for why ive gone yellow from green... i ran out of green... Well, not only that, i wanted a new chalenge as well so i thought what are the 2 most chalenging things i could do...

Once again thanks guys!

now, to the green stuff and scalpel!

S.O.N.

I know i shouldnt double post... but i got him sorted for the most part, once again, if anyone can spot anything then let me know, want to get him as good as my skills will allow! so yea! also, a pic of him a bit further away... for synapse ;) hope they came out al rite, its quite late, and i should be in bed...

left leg is still slightly out, but will clean up with GS when i get to that bit!

gallery_30264_2037_19827.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_175928.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_72555.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_62897.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_135481.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_103790.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_195382.jpg

As i said, if anyone spots anything, let me know and ill try and sort it!

rite... good night...

S.O.N.

Looks good. Withe the lower leg positions fixed it looks like this is going to be an excellent unique character. The body composition looks good... The hips point upwards on the right slightly, which they would with the leg raised; the shoulders point downward to the right, but with no current cause for that since the arms aren't there; and the head is straight compared to the shoulders. It all matches, so long as you do the right thing with the arms. My suggestion would be to actually have him holding the banner aloft, or barring that, have him gripping the banner up high on the pole; something to get his arm raised above shoulder level. That would balance out the shoulders dipping to the right.

Good luck. Can't wait to see more pics.

OK! good morning! thank you all! Firstly Marshal2 Crusaders when you say one of the MKV plates, do you mean the heresy armour with the studs? not quite sure what you mean...

Steel Fire thanks for the comment, was actually going to put the banner in his left hand as if he were pulling it out of the ground, thats why the shoulders are like that, as if he'd slammed it in to the ground a bit far and was in the process of pulling it out!

Beornling 3.1415 you may have thrown a spanner in the works... he actually has MKIV Maximus armour... was ment to be obvious that itsan older armour as he is older... damn...

mite hae to have a think about this...

S.O.N.

Once again i know i shouldnt double post, but got to keep going. Not a big update, so not many pictures. would like to ask you guys one thing though... how should i arm this guy... has been nagging me a fair bit... so any suggestions would be a big help! Anyhoo on with the pictures.

gallery_30264_2037_236482.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_88285.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_128465.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_175663.jpg

like i have said, any ideas or c&c's welcome!

S.O.N.

I think you should arm him like a proper imperial fist, with a big ol' Powerfist!, overall I like the model, the pose is a bit iffy but thats just my personal sentiment (I hate the foot on a rock/head/body look) but the models is quite well sculpted!

Well, there's a little less GS on him now but not much! Gotta love bluetack though! there isnt much left to do on him, his left hand, feet and shoulder pads... and obviously the chapter banner! Still not to sure about how ive armed him though, any suggestions from you guys would be great!

anyhoo pictures!

gallery_30264_2037_196456.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_217020.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_123093.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_170588.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_114271.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_199879.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_206187.jpg

S.O.N.

I've got a small issue with his bionic leg. The way it's made, the leg doesn't align to a normal leg as the hip joint is not on the hip, but next to it... with the shield it's harder to see, but it bugs me alright. I would've attached it at an angle into the codpiece (as shown in my bucket).

Overall a very nice model though

Beork

This is a cracking figure! love the pose! are you going to add any battle damage to him? with that bionic leg, he has got to look like he has been to hell and back! also, a power fist holding onto the banner would look quality! also maybe add an extra mag to the mag in the bolter to make him look bad ass! thats not asking too much is it? :)

keep up the great work fellow Fist! :rolleyes:

MK V armor had these plates that wrapped on over the exposed piping, imagine crusade armor (the Ribbed Kind) but with a simple plate bolted on to it. I didnt cover the whole leg it just bulked it out. I thought I would look cool on this model because it wouldn't take away any of the awesome deatil on the bionic leg and it would look realistic, well as realistic as a 7 foot tall superman is. Just my two cents.

Very nice S.O.N.

I think the fix was well done, and the sculpting is awesome. I think this guy is Almost perfect the way he is. I think my only complaint would be to echo Brother_Beork a little, and say it looks like the leg is slightly too far out from his body.

If I remember correctly, the GW bionic legs don't have hips that extend past the models waist. I think you can fix this by either trimming the end of the hip slightl;y, or moving the whole apparatus toward the codpiece slightly.

However, it is disguised by the armour pad you added, and once you are done, it will be a slight nit-picky thing when compared to the whole model, that I doubt you'll even notice. Just bringing it to mind cos the job you've done so far isso incredible, it would be a shame to leave some bits not up to the standard of the rest.

Excellent work though - can't wait to see a coat of paint on it.

Cheers

Widowmaker

Well here he is, as finished as i can see him, all he needs now is a lick of paint, but have to wait untill the GS cures! Also, the freehand on the banner is early on in painting, the last pic shows the company champ as far as ive gotten on him! So as before C&C's always welcome!

gallery_30264_2037_269964.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_112905.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_108509.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_33402.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_240698.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_85646.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_15234.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_84656.jpg

As i said with the banner the first banner has the origional colour on it, were as the second has a dodgy colour on it but shows the detail fine so i thought id put it in!

gallery_30264_2037_202463.jpg

gallery_30264_2037_271302.jpg

And this, as said, is the company champion in a very WIP state, the pose is based on a world eater from the horus heresy graphic books.Not much to say about him so far, but if you do let me know!

gallery_30264_2037_34700.jpg

C&C's welcome!

S.O.N.

+Damn, just spotted his thumb...+

++plus, moved his leg in as much as i could, hope it looks better now!++

Thank you all! Have started painting my standard bearer so hopefully my painting wont let it down! Have gone through a couple of methods but i think ive found it!

Asmodeus, yes he will havescriptures and a cloth crotch thing, but wanted to sculpt them after ive posed him so i can get a more realistic movement on the cloth, so yes he will do but it will be a while yet!

Hey Widowmaker, he has approximately 1 and a half friends so far, the company champion i started earlier and this apothecary which has been posted in other parts of the forum (blogs and WIP a while ago) but i have some friends for them...

gallery_30264_2037_149288.jpg

Will be a fair old slog to get them done, but once this lot are, il do another tack squad, then start on some vehicles... have an idea about a dread... but thats a while off yet. Want to make this command squad first, then the dev squad which im worried about, something tells me that there is going to be some heavy conversions involved... so if anyone knows of any true scale devs let me know,it would be briliant for abit of a warning as what to expect!

Thanks to you all so far hopefully il keep on it and get some stuff up on the champ asap!

S.O.N.

Archived