Mantis Warriors

Doghouse

Cheers guys. :)

Gitsplitta: Hopefully I still have a few more tricks lurking up my sleeve, really am enjoying working with these guys.

Marius Perdo/Brother Syth: Excellent stuff, glad they could be of some inspiration to you both. :)

Due to a overly hectic work schedule I've not had a lot of free time at the moment but did managed to pop into GW on the way home from work an picked up a Dark Angels Raven Wing Master for the next part of the army. In an ideal world I'd like a squad of these but they are a tad on the expensive side for something like that. As I do have a love of attack bikes zooming around the flanks of an enemy popping enemy armour with multi-meltas I'm going to use this as an attack bike.

The idea being that this guy is one of the last of the chapter's bikers who has basically gone lone wolf. He's seen the rest of his squad killed at the hands of the savage Space Sharks and is out for pay back in a big way. I think that it fits nicely with the theme of a guerrilla force being, able to perform hit and run attacks on the enemy armoured units.

I'm still a little torn at the moment as to whether I'll be using the Space Wolves or Ultramarines codex using the White Scars special rules at the moment because they both suit the style of warfare that I'm currently considering. I might yet chuck in a few Lamenters because their yellow armour would compliment the green really well and it'd be fun to see what I can do with the models.

http://i44.tinypic.com/4fwub4.jpg

O i see how it is. You got money for a shiny new bike but cant pay the xbox live sub? Mind you there probably the same price. I must say a squad of those bikes would trick! Are you going to convert a rider for it?

Great work Doghouse with the repositioning of the legs, great little effect! That is one nice jet bike! Are you gonna leave it as it is or are you far too tempted to do some sort of conversion with it? As this figure seems a tad bigger than your average joe plastic SM, do normal plastic arms look ok on these guys? Just thinking how easy (or not) it is to make minor conversions with different arms.

Tellos05: I was drawn in by the shiny things mate, I should be back on xbox soon with any luck. :)

A squad would be awesome, but to use them as either bikers or attack bikes you are talking about ninety quid for a three model squad. I would love a five man biker squad of them though to be honest as it is a proper meaty model that looks really nice in person. The robes on the legs are built into the exhaust of the model so once I've cut it away and re-sculpted the effected areas I will be adding a rider to the bike. I won't be cutting up a Crowe model for it but will be making the rider about the same size as Crowe with a bit of conversion work.

Dorns padawan: Cheers mate. The model itself is really big but although I haven't tested it yet the actually bit where the rider sits should fit a plastic biker model with a bit of work which might be my starting point. I will be removing the plasma cannon underneath and chucking in a multi-melta though. I do want to give the impression that this guy is in a very dark place, he's seen all his squad mates killed by the Carcharadons and is hell bent of revenge so terror markings and trophies will definitely be the order of the day. I want the impression that if they were fighting a normal war against the enemies of the Imperium one of the Chaplains would be taking him to one side for a quiet chat but as the situation stands they need a bit of a fearless psycho that is determined to wipe out the enemy at any cost.

I'm going to try and sneak a few in, mainly because other than green I love paining yellow. ;)

Not had a lot of time off work to get much done thanks to the end of the financial years looming upon us but have done a little. Just got to make it through next week and then I should have two weeks of leave to get some serious work done on these guys.

Here is the first Lamenter at the bare bones stage for now with a lot of GS work still needing to be done. I'm bulking out the cloak to give it a more regal feel by using the right arm from a spare Captain Sicarius model that I'd chopped up a while back. I'm not certain if I will swap out the head but might do, maybe a death mask might look the part? Either way I'll be filling in the back of the cloak so that is is one single piece and maybe painting some lamenter style heraldry on the back. Years ago I made a captain for Advanced Space Crusade that used the tattered remains of one of their battle standards as a cloak so may do that as a homage.

I've ordered some of the chapter masters models as well and will be using the heads on a few more of the models.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2eyca68.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/1429anl.jpg

Very cool looking cloak. As for the old space crusade heraldry, would love to see that here. I myself used it for my Blood Angels many moons ago. Nice bit of nostalgia never goes astray.

Archived