Mort's Warhound Titan

yeah.... small lets go with that..... well the object (or foot as I would like to call it ;) ) is quite small and very niceley painted and put together, but the project as a whole...... well as I said: small lets go with that.

I assure you mort, that I am throwing down the gauntlet and that it is infact on! I will complete my titan AND my Battle company...well ok like 3 years after you and with a much shoddier done job BUT I will complete it!

*Goes off to sulk in the corner painting*

Why not try what I'm doing. Put $50 a month aside in a small box on top of my bookshelf as savings for a titan. In about a year, you'll be like, "oh, they didn't come out with a plastic titan yet, then I'll buy the FW one."

Could do that...but....guess id rather model it at this point in my life..since the money used for a FW titan can actually fly me to a foreign country from here >_<

I'd've guessed at it being foam board, but mostly from the WIP photos.

Looks bloody fine to me. I'd love to know what kind of planning/schematic-ing you've done on the project; it looks pretty meticulous. Plus, it looks a LOT easier on the wallet than a bleeding FW titan. (...for what you pay for a Titan, I'm reasonably sure I could get at least 3,000 points of army pieced together with most codices.)

...which isn't to say FW doesn't do a fine product, but I'm more with Mort on building a titan for a more...reasonable...price. ($500+ on one thing is halfway across the world on a plane, or even a craptastic used car).

I'd love to know what kind of planning/schematic-ing you've done on the project; it looks pretty meticulous.

;) umm....yeah...planning...schematicanating....erm... ^_^

>_< Nah dude....maybe I should be doing planning..but...ive only ever built a drop pod before and although not awful- it wasnt nice. Wish I had this foam core stuff then >_<

So yeah...Im sadly not doing any kind of planning at the moment and just taking it as it comes- painting the base colours in the meanwhile to keep my curiosity and interest peeked.

Usually im a build then paint person- but..im taking it slowly at the moment.

heh. I can't honestly say I'd be doing a project that big much differently, either, except I might not be painting it step-by-step. As long as I could pull off everything more or less in proportion, I'd call it a solid win for me.

Are you going for a specific titan legion, or just having fun with the paintjob? (I'd attempt to ID it, but I'm not really up on the Titan legion colors.)

EDIT: On materials, one thing I keep meaning to make Drop Pods out of are the half-dozen contact lens fluid containers I have. They're about 3" in diameter and 7-8" tall, and with some fins added to the outside and labels stripped, they'd probably do fine as pods. As I think about it, they'd also probably work as titan torso-bits, or leg-bits for something other than a Warhound.

I like the hydraulics... they look realistic. Kudos to you for building your own, I think forgeworld prices are absolutely criminal in comparison to the horrendous products they send out. I almost exclusively mold, cast, build my own models now...

One mid-leg section done and based.

Front angle.

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7130/pap0201wm8.jpg

Side angel.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4244/pap0202tb6.jpg

Now a more important matter- i was fiddling about and did this to the other shin armour plate >_< I dont know which one I prefer.

Any thoughts or advice?

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6338/pap0199vv6.jpg

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7012/pap0200zj2.jpg

very cool i think i like the 1st shin plate better because it looks more dangerous. Just a thought you could maybe modify it a little and call it a Lucian titan (Lucian being my name and all :))

:) damn you mort! why cant you make some ugly or unimpressive for a change? make us all look good eh? :P

awesome work mate, keep up he good work and finish this baby :P

I like the second shin pad and the trim. It looks a little more marine-like; and part of what makes marines great (or maybe a little crazy; you decide) is the fact that regardless of where they go, they keep to their color schemes. Screw camo, and all that.

And besides, with a Titan? You'd need your eyes plucked out to NOT see the thing coming anyway.

Small update - ive based the 2nd foot now and done the armour trim on both legs. Ive also mocked up the second mid-leg section.

I have NO idea how im gonna get the mid leg to stick to the lower and top leg >_< Im considering magnets- but sadly that will take some time/more money - theyre not cheap in Japan

Archived