Mort's Warhound Titan

Hi Mort

It looks incredibly impressive!

Just the inspiration I'm looking for - I'm about to embark on building my own aswell. I've a couple of questions / queries if you don't mind?

1. What did you use for the 'joints' - ankle, knee and pelvis - did you use PVC pipes (details please)

2. Any chance of a photo from the rear. All the titan photos I've observed have been from the front - from a build / construction perspective I'm interested in how it looks / fits from the rear.

3. Balancing -I notice you mentioned you finally got it to 'stand on it own two feet' - the titans all look top heavy, how much of an issue is the positioning of limbs in order to achieve a 'stable stance'?

4. Do you have (or any intention of having) a titan crew in the 'cockpit' - what models are using / planning on using, if you are?

5. Struts / Pistons - what did you use to model the pistons (plasticard rods, if so what size?) around its toes, ankles, knees and legs?

Thanking you in advance

Morty

Yo! THanks for that matey.

1. If i had to do stuff over again, i think id try a lot of different things. For the bottom two joints (the cylinders) I actually used 1yen coins glued together >_< Umm..i wouldnt recommend. That was before i found the perfect diameter hard polystyrene. The coins (light as they are) were still really heavy on the foamboard.

2. I'll get on it and see what i can do!

3. With the magnet struts...it was easy! The whole thing is magnetised....before the struts...it would just fall over....now...its all good.. Also...the bottom is actually really heavy (coins) but....the weight distribution i think is just a tad off....but it still works. Struts, struts, struts!!

4. I really want to re-do the head since the templates and I didnt go so well together \>_< If i do that i may think about it. But, im a gamer at heart so the inside touches are not so important to me in the sense that- it will fulfill no additional game value and no aesthetic value since you cant see it at the moment.

5. The struts I used plasticard with cement putty to glue the magnets in place. The pistons I just found at a hobby shop. I did it really haphazardly and just went in- picked up a thick looking hollow pipe, then found a thinner one that would fit in the thicker one...paid for it..and left :HQ:

Let me know if theres anything else i can help with dude!

Archived