Pre-Heresy Night Lord WIP

Iacton

Thanks Asmodeus and to you too Aristeo, liking your Mk5 Project too ;)

Quick update to give you a feel for where the studs and metal parts are going - started the early part of my NMM, from a mix of dark grey and shadow grey, up to codex grey - which is essentially the mid tone planned out for most of the metal so far - although I shall have to differentiate between the different bits with some other tones too. so quite a way to go yet, but I hope that you are getting the idea by now... :P

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Night%20Lord/a.jpg

Please let me know any tips on anything that might make the claws in particular "pop" - as in unusual colours that won't clash with the blue!

Cheers,

Iacton B)

Alrite Iacton! He looks awsome like that! As for a colour how about red? Theres already some red on there so it cant hurt to have a bit more! Any idea as to what chapter your going to do next?

S.O.N.

Thanks mate.

I think some red will appear somehow, but what I don't want to give the impression of is a bloody claw, nor that it is poorly maintained - I happen to think that he is quite proud of his claw :P

As for next - I have entered the DIY swap project and drew the Castigator marines, which I see are quite popular with some of the residents here. So a red boy with a whip isn't far off! Then it will either be the TOP mini's Leman Russ or a quickie paint up of a RT sculpt - maybe as a White Scar, before the big dog boy!

Moved on a bit tonight. "Finished" off the NMM and cables and such and redid the lightning using testicle pink and white. A little touch of highlighting around the model too and coloured in the power cables to the claw.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Night%20Lord/WIP6.jpg

Think that I will look at doing the base before I move onto final freehands and finishing off.

Cheers,

Iacton B)

I envy your Painting-Fu... It's incredible, quite realistic, but still looking very much like

a fantasy character, like its supposed to do.

I find that the Claws don't really need to pop, I like em as they are :D

The face is an absolute highpoint of the model, incredibly done.

OK, finally the Night Lord is actually finished, and I really enjoyed doing this model I might add. The combination of a bit of Sahaal from "Lord of the Night", a bit of GS-fu, a burning desire to use Horus' Talon on something else, and a promise to myself that I would get round to trying out the colour schemes for every pre-heresy legion.

This colour scheme was by far the most challenging, and I wanted to get away from the whole "Night Lords are vampires" type thing, whilst still making this guy a cool calculating killer who would eff and jeff up anyone who wants to have a try!

I think that I just about pulled it off and I hope that you like him too. I plan to take him to the local GW - Colchester - for the national painting competition and see how he is received, and you never know, maybe I'll take him to GD in september too.

He has no name, but feel free to name him for me :lol:

But for now please enjoy

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Night%20Lord/FinishedLord.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Night%20Lord/DetailFinish.jpg

• 1 month later...

Man, I must say you did a stunnin work. I like the toned down colors, give the miniature a realistic, gritty feel (I'm not a big fan of painting marines like bright parrots), the pre-heresy turbines and overal simplicity of the miniature, that also underlines the Night Lord's character - they are stealth fighters and don't need to be heavily decorated. Great work on the face and position, makes it look like the guy has a story behind him.

Anyway, I'm just honored such a piece was inspired by my pic)

It's amazing how many people don't read the previous posts.:)

Awesome model yet again Iacton, I absolutely love it. The flesh is incredibly realistic, you got a recipe? My faces seem a little washed up when I do them.

Also, how did you achieve that helmet on his waist? It looks like an ordinary chaos helm with the mouth GS'd up and shortened slightly, but I'm probably waay off.:P

Anyway, keep up the sweet work my man. :)

You're right Pandora about the not noticing previous posts because of skim reading...or just looking at the pictures :P

The skin on this guy was rather experimental, the basecoat, as such, was elf flesh mixed with bleached bone, worked up with more bone and some white and even a hint of testicle pink. The shades were done with a bit of liche purple, purple ink, blue ink, magenta ink and some codex grey. It was really a case of "I wonder what that will look like? Oh, not bad, yeah I'll use that" and off I went :D

The helm.....definitely way, way off! It's the company champion crusader helm :P

I shaved off the skull on the forehead and freehanded the skull face.

Archived