The Black Widows Female Space Marines

I have to agree with two other posters in this thread about the size of the bewbs.

I know it is incredibly hard to represent a female as a SM, but I think have Termies with tits is just odd. Their armor is so ridiculously thick, I doubt there would be need for extra...uh....room. Also, They would create hard points on the armor. A flat concave piece absorbs impacts and distributes them. Whereas something hitting the point of one of those mounds would likely puncture it easily. The PA chicks look good though.

Also, if they are built that large, odds are they are very muscular. And, as well all know, boobs are made from fat. Not trying to bring you down, just figured I'd toss some things out there for people like me that have troubles with suspension of disbelief....even in WH40k. :-/

Not trying to bring you down, just figured I'd toss some things out there for people like me that have troubles with suspension of disbelief....even in WH40k. :-/

No, I don't mind, I think you guys have made very valid points, and believe it or not, I plan on taking the advice. The next generation of Widows I'm working on right now are going to be a lot less busty

Not trying to bring you down, just figured I'd toss some things out there for people like me that have troubles with suspension of disbelief....even in WH40k. :-/

No, I don't mind, I think you guys have made very valid points, and believe it or not, I plan on taking the advice. The next generation of Widows I'm working on right now are going to be a lot less busty

I wouldn't go too far though. If they get too small there won't be much difference than normal PA. Just say they get Black Widow augmentation and leave it at that. ;) I wouldn't change a thing they look great.

My two pennies.

<_<

I love the fact that you are waaaay out there with your conversions! Like everyone else, I think the breasts are a bit large. Maybe you could do something where you reduce their waists so you have more of an hourglass figure. I don't have a clue how you would do this without ransacking a sisters of battle set. For all the naysayers, you could just tell them that they 'counts as' sisters of battle. This thread was amusing to read, given that we are all painting toys essentially.

-john

Maybe you could do something where you reduce their waists so you have more of an hourglass figure. I don't have a clue how you would do this without ransacking a sisters of battle set.

The problem I've had is that, up until now, I've been mostly adding green stuff to the already bulky and disproportioned marine models. That has forced me to make their bust lines large to fit in with the overall shape of the model.

The solution to that is what I'm working on now for the next generation of widows. And that is building them up from an armature, sculpting them entirely out of greenstuff, so that I can get the proper proportions and silhouette without being chained down by the base model.

The solution to that is what I'm working on now for the next generation of widows. And that is building them up from an armature, sculpting them entirely out of greenstuff, so that I can get the proper proportions and silhouette without being chained down by the base model.

Holy crap! That is an ambitious project. Good luck with it though!

And for the record, I just wanted to point out that I think you've taken all the comments/criticisms extremely well. Though, I guess you expected things like this when you decided to build a female SM army.

And for the record, I just wanted to point out that I think you've taken all the comments/criticisms extremely well. Though, I guess you expected things like this when you decided to build a female SM army.

Thanks.

I always try to take constructive criticism seriously, but I just ignore trolling.

• 2 weeks later...

awsome idea ^_^

i personally love the idea of female space marines and can easily be explained :) my DIY army "Fire Eagles" is loosely themed on Native American tribes and models here and there are Female ;) even my Chapter Master (Great Chief White Feather) ;)

Keep up the Great work! lets see more :P

and that dred is awsome :P

Impressive stuff!! :thumbs

Dread is...well...awesome!!

One things bugs me really...some models have long and, purely IMHO, excessive ponytails. Id' try to not go over the top with ponytails, IMHO it ruins a bit the model.

the boobs on the armor do not have to match the anatomy of the warrior within btw. The armor could be sculpted (if a little gratuitously) to show the world that they just got their butts kicked by a bunch of girls. The actual sister inside may not be nearly so endowed because of her enhanced musculature and physique.

He he he he, nice, the Lil mis Puss liked that one 'smack' ouch! what?!

As for emperorslion I think he has hit on a very valid point there. The boob-plate could be a purely aesthetic touch, that represents the female form (like old fertility statues, paintings etc from classic art). I thinks thats an interesting idea to explore.

If your going to continue with this females-in-power armour theme, then I think 'easily' recogniseable like the over endowed scully sisters.

Archived