Leman Russ WIP

Iacton

And so it begins again....

Leman Russ...(the TOP miniatures one)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Russ/WIP1.jpg

Initial base colours and washes laid down. I am struggling to get the tone of ginger hair right. Much of the fur is done also.

C&C so far (except that he has Krusty the Clown's boots on!! :D )

This is a really cool mini! I expected a bit more aggresive pose but this works really well ;)

R

Russ don't need an aggressive stance. His icy cold stare will rip you apart, like Mr. Norris or something.

EDIT: What I really like about this fig is how the waist/thighs arent totally ridiculous and impossibly posed (as on most marines).

what do they call him to escape IP?

and lovley so far :)

GET it finished!

He's called Chuck Norris!! :lol:

Actually he's called the Odin Knight *pauses for dramatic effect* :)

Very nice painting Iacton, the model's shoulders seem rather hunched to me, but I wouldn't say that to his face!

This may have been asked thousands of times, but where do you get all these Primarch models from? No sign of them on GW or FW website.

Holy terra Iacton you are a pre heresy painting machine! you may have been asked his before, but are you doing primarks and individual marines, or just a representative from each legion? I know ive asked you what marine you were planning to do next and at the time you said possibly a salamander, has he been scrapped, still on the cards, or have you been hugely distracted by lord russ? :)

Ooh, and do you think you'll settle on a pre heresy chapter after this project is complete or ply your tallents to ALL of the DIY chapters out there... hehehe!

S.O.N.

Done and done :)

Thanks guys for the input.

So this doesn't turn into some sort of "trade" thread, please PM me if you want details and I'll let you know from there.

I have made a small amount of progress as it happens.

Bit more colour to the armour and some work on the face too - He's not angry enough yet, so more will need to be done there, plus the armour is far too flat right now. It will need both highlights and shades to get it showing off nicely.

Nevertheless, I guess I need to get through this part before he starts to look good, so there you go

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Russ/P7220002.jpg

Oh, and here's a scaling pic to compare to a standard marine - he's on a flat base here so that they stand level to each other ;)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Heresy%20Art/P4240001.jpg

Holy terra Iacton you are a pre heresy painting machine! you may have been asked his before, but are you doing primarks and individual marines, or just a representative from each legion? I know ive asked you what marine you were planning to do next and at the time you said possibly a salamander, has he been scrapped, still on the cards, or have you been hugely distracted by lord russ? ;)

Ooh, and do you think you'll settle on a pre heresy chapter after this project is complete or ply your tallents to ALL of the DIY chapters out there... hehehe!

S.O.N.

Damn slow typing!

I do have a Sallie in the pipeline S-O-N ;)

The next model is definitely a White Scar, then most likely an Iron warrior and then a Sallie and then it's likely to be a World Eater, all as far as marines go. They will possibly be interspersed with Primarchs and the Emperor and maybe another Custodes, but in Termie armour.

As a side thing, that I have dubbed "the Long Project" - as if this one isn't long enough :) - I am planning, sourcing parts, and beginning to build my representations of the major characters of the HH series like Iacton Qruze and such. The only model that I have devoted any time to as yet is Lucius, but more will happen in time.

Cheers B)

ooh... So you will be having a small party of MKIII, IV & V armour soon then... IV & V should be quite easy to source, though III might be a little expensive to buy as bitz because the most recent one is the masters of the chapter man... not that you dont know all of this already... :P Just having a little (slightly of topic) thinky to myself!

Should be interesting to see what you have planned for your white scar mini, havent seen many of them, and white is quite difficult to paint, not that i doubt your imense painting skills :rolleyes: !

S.O.N.

p.s. small afterthought... the 'half heard' in MKIII?

I think that the Scar will need to be Mk4, for ease of movement etc. I'm cacking it with regards to painting "white"!! :P

However, I love a challenge, so it will be "fun" :D

I'm really getting into the whole conversion thing with the GW plastics now and have already built the scar shoulder pad. I'm waiting for some pro-create to turn up, then I will be going conversion crazy!! w00t!

As for my namesake, I am thinking that he will indeed be Mk3 with Iacton pattern (TM) :P trousers and the like.

The long project will likely also include my 1st forays into true scale, but I won't get ahead of myself - I have at least 5 models to complete before that, and at the rate I go, that won't be this side of October!

The Sallie is almost a certain Mk2 or 3 with melta or flamer - might pick your brains when I start him for squad markings and such ;)

Yea good call on the MKIV pattern with the white scar. Always pictured them in MKIV or MKVI (beakie?) armour.

OOH OOH OOH! saw a good conversion for a flamer, not my idea, i saw it on here somewhere that someone had a Very Very well painted black templar army who had chopped off the front of a melta, and chopped off the barrel off of an imperial guard flamer and stick them together, looks much more space marine-y!

What kind of true scale method were you thinking of?

S.O.N.

Yea good call on the MKIV pattern with the white scar. Always pictured them in MKIV or MKVI (beakie?) armour.

What kind of true scale method were you thinking of?

S.O.N.

Mine! :teehee:

To be honest, I haven't gone too deeply into it yet. I'm reluctant to spend good money on parts when I have perfectly good bits in my box that will do the trick. A lot of my conversions are organic, stealing a bit from one method, the bones of another and a few of my own ideas. I try to find or create defining parts or colour schemes that will mark each marine out as being a true Pre-Heresy style model, I like to keep my bits levels as low as possible by "making" my marines.

Hence the Night Lord was in Mk5 with a company champion helm, the Imperial Fist was Mk3 with a stylised helm, the Blood Angel was basically Mk3 with a Mk4 helm and the Raven Guard and Emperor's Kid were both Mk4 with the Artbook style helmets, and so on... Occasionally I will do a straight forward paint the model as is, but that is becoming increasingly less as time goes on.

The Scar is going to be a test on many levels, largely because I haven't got that crucial thing that will make him stand out as a scar visualised yet. Plus I am not going to do a bike, because quite simply.. I can't stand them and I think that they are ridiculous looking. But that is just my opinion, please don't anyone flame me on it because I'm not going to pop up on anyone's thread saying how horrid I think they are :mellow:

I think i know what you mean by not being able to visualise white scars that well, im not sure that GW do either as there isnt much artwork to go by! No dont worry about the bike thing, trying to make an assault army of impeial fists at the moment and they're slowly turning into a shooty army like my salamanders, i think it revolves around the players personality as to what army they play if that makes sense!

Dont find the bikes that exiting myself, but i think they have allot of modeling potential for dioramas and battle scenes and the such!

Sounds like the method you are using for your models is good as you dont have to buy new stuff appart from sculpting material and the such!

Now i shall stop distracting you from your work! :)

S.O.N.

Archived