Leman Russ WIP

Iacton

Cheers S-O-N!! :)

Thanks for the input! And as a result of leaving me to it...

I have decided that I didn't like the way that the colour of the armour was going - it was too grey, which I know is PH space pup colours, and pretty much exactly the colour I would do a Pup marine - so I have basically started again from a very dark blue grey up to pure shadow grey through about 5 layers, with 1 highlight of shadow with a touch of white in it. I'm much happier with where this is going, and now I can begin the gold, get him reassembled, and then work on the final highlights.

Unfortunately the tone of the armour means that I will need to tweak the NMM to his blade and pistol, but then I think the blade will be a red/black combination, like a lot of the art work, anyway.

Also worked a bit more expression into the face, but again, this will need to be finished off with more tones.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Russ/WIP2.jpg

So there we go.

Happy Days :D

:devil: this wip thread went on a few hours before you did the finished one - I have the power of foresight!

As for Mr Ritchie, there are some rather troubling developments I'm afraid. I'll PM you with details over at TGC ;)

Little bit of progress. Early stage of Gold NMM going on, which sort of ties the greys together a bit more tidily I think.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Russ/WIP3.jpg

Hi all,

Not made a lot of progress lately i'm afraid. Largely due to real life and then nearly chopping off my right index finger on some glass at work - I have lost most of the meat off of the fingertip ;)

However, with some rubber gloves and the good fortune of being left handed.... :D

Here's a bit more..

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Russ/WIP4.jpg

Cheers B)

i REALLY like the yellowish orangish gold you have done makes it look mmore arcane and valuable/decorative (tutorial please)

its coming on really nicely

any special plans for the base?

Thanks mate,

The Gold is only about half way through, so far. It probably looks better in the photo than in real life right now. I'll let you have a recipe a bit later on - if it works out ;)

I hadn't planned anything for the base, but I may add some moss or maybe snow - although the whole Space Wolf=Snow thing has been done to death if you ask me.

I guess it's all about pushing yourself and trying new things, so maybe.

I have yet to see a primarch sculpt of any quality.

What a bad miniature. It looks like an anime kit, a cartoon illustrator, and 15 year kid all got together to play.

Sorry.

Your painting is good, the sculpt just bugs me.

Hey, that's fair enough fireangel,

I know what you mean, and yes I think that there is definitely more than a touch of Manga influence in how the majority of the sculpts have been made - almost like a forced perspective. The makers would likely acknowledge it too, and this particular model is probably the most extreme of the examples from this company.

I happen to quite like the styling personally, but I know full well that it isn't to everyone's taste.

At least you (quite) like the painting ;)

• 3 months later...

Archived