Horus

I am excited..Hash and crew really did a marvelous sculpt - that is not a plug it's just plain fact.

I would have liked a little cush in the package but it arrived okay. The sword, mace, and armor spikes were bent, but came back just fine.

gallery_29938_2167_13609.jpg

This is what came in each package.

gallery_29938_2167_27133.jpg

I was a little concerned about scale until I sized him up... Horus is perfect!

gallery_29938_2167_32065.jpg

Almost no flash to remove, and I am still looking for a mold line! This is a great piece.

Initial primer is brushed on (not my usual spray) to ensure I don't cover of up the tremendous detail in this model. I am not sure if the pics can even do this sculpt justice. I am still oohing and ahhing after holding it for a few days.

gallery_29938_2167_46691.jpg

I can't imagine any paint job showing up as bad with all this detail, but I will do my best. He will need a great base, this one is temp.

Tomorrow is my big 40, I am hoping to have him ready by next weekend. We shall see.

Brother Richard

just got my 2 and they r great models but the metal does seem quite soft and the cast is rough

oh and it wasnt exactly the same as the picture of the original for instance the spikes on the top or the claw on his left shoulder

but still cant wait to paint mine and good luck to you and cant wait to see yours painted.

got mine in the mail yesterday...woohoo...

from the e-mail that i got a couple weeks ago, the mould did indeed get damaged...

this was gonna be a run of 500, but they only produced 100...

the spare sword and claw will be put to good use on a couple of other termies, so bonus!!!

the only problem i have with this mini, is that the bare head is lookin' in the wrong direction...

it looks to the right, but seems like it should look left to follow the line of the sculpt, and the direction of the mace...

i think i will have to put a bare plastic chaos head on him instead...

that aside, it a great version of horus...

cheers

jah

++EDIT++

Removed request in regards to how to acquire the model

Got the base for the armor done (4 coats of codex grey) and one coat of very weak boltgun. My nmm skills are definately not up to snuff for this piece. I am using the Artwork book as a guide. This is going to take a while...

gallery_29938_2167_34430.jpg

++EDIT++

Removed request in regards to how to acquire the model

Just to get things clear since it's already come up.

As a formal in-thread suggestion (I'd say warning, but it felt too harsh a term) can everyone refrain from asking where and how to acquire the model in question. This is basically stemming from the IP issue, and we do not condone such behaviour.

If all comments could be kept at commenting on the actual painting progress that would be greatly appreciated.

The model looks promising so far, not much to say apart from that really at this stage. Its a great model so it needs good work, something im sure your capable of doing! :D

Please refrain from posting questions about purchasing ordering or where I got it.

btw - Can one edit or delete the title? It should read "THE DARK LORD" because this is obviously not Horus!

Just to get things clear since it's already come up.

As a formal in-thread suggestion (I'd say warning, but it felt too harsh a term) can everyone refrain from asking where and how to acquire the model in question. This is basically stemming from the IP issue, and we do not condone such behaviour.

If all comments could be kept at commenting on the actual painting progress that would be greatly appreciated.

++EDIT++

Minor edit :lol:

btw - Can one edit or delete the title? It should read "THE DARK LORD" because this is obviously not Horus!

If you were converting a Lysander from a regular terminator cap, you'd still call it your Lysander project, right? ;)

p.s. (lawyer)

Cpt Max and Frost - The Priest was unable to harm Horus, as he went beyond 3 (he counted to 5 which is right out) before lobbing the holy hand grenade and blowing himself to tiny bits. The emperor's champ was able to cut off both arms and the chappy smashed his head, alas these were but flesh wounds, 'tis but a scratch. Horus Lives!

gallery_29938_2167_37325.jpg

I was able to hit the armor color pretty well with a few washes.

My challenge is now the nooks and crannies of the pelt, tried a few red brown washes and I am just not happy with the look yet.

More to follow.

Crusader: Will do! All of the gold areas are beautifully detailed so it should be a simple highlight/brush to get a first coat on. I will see if I can at least get that part done tonight and post pics tomorrow. I have to admit that the pelt is going to have to wait till I searchy the tutorials for a better method.

*EDIT* Pics added

Here he is with two layers of brazen brass and a first dab of red gore. What a difference it made!

gallery_29938_2167_25602.jpg

Archived