Horus

Ok man, if you have red ink then water some down and apply very thin coats over the red. This will darken it and then add the red highlight mix i gave earlier to the edge of the orbs on his chest etc. The pelt looks like you've used purple in? from the artwork it seems there are greys involved with the colour of the wolf pelt, try some thin grey/black mixes. Or you could just disregard these ideas, it's up to you.

Thats all i've got just now mate. :)

I really appreciate the comments.

My personal issues with the fur are most animals are lighter near the skin and darker on the surface yet this one is shown the opposite...so I will try to make it work. Thanks for the mix, it looks nice on other projects so far (practice before I bring it in to Horus).

Here is my latest update (I love the pose... and yes I am still working on the head!).

gallery_29938_2167_57164.jpg

Let me know your thoughts!

Here his is fully assembled... I figure about another week and I will be able to move him over to the Hall of Honors.

gallery_29938_2167_5631.jpg

Still have to finish the trophy heads, highlights on all, cleanups, and pelt.

Let me know your thoughts, questions, comments, and cheap shots are always appreciated.

• 2 months later...

While the mini is great, I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of the pose. It looks kind of awkward.

As far as any advice, maybe try giving the head some ambient light lovin'. Almost every picture I have seen of Horus his armor behind his head gives off that glow that envelopes his whole head.

I am going to be hated... but I really don't like the model.

The upper armour goes far too high and makes it look totally disproportionate to the legs, the head looks far too awkward and rough looking, and the pose too is pretty awful: the left arm is just in the middle of nowhere, the right hand should be pointing, or doing something, and he looks like he's leaning back far too much!

Sorry :)

The paint job is the only good thing about it so far!

In my mind Horus was never physically chaosy... so while his armour and stuff is obviously emblemed to Hell, the face should almost be too rugged and perfectly handsome (if not a bit of an unhealthy skin tone).

Archived