{SCULPT-OFF}Mr. Nipples and Metal Fingered Villian

Mr. Nipples

Well in an effort to get our skills up to a point where we can make our own daemons and feel they are worthy of casting we have decided we need some challenges. So after some talking we came to the conclusion we should do something that involves all of you awesome people on the boards, so heres what were thinking.

MFV and I will each sculpt the same model in an allotted time, and post it. Paint it and do whatever with it so we need some ideas and we figured roughly 4 good ideas to start which will give us a jumping point. So if you have some cool ideas you'd like to see sculpted lets hear it, we need detailed descriptions so we can do concepts and such so keep that in mind.

Cheers.

OK, lets tick with the demon theme:

I would like to see either A: generic demons, i.e. non aligned warp entities, man sized, for the every day undivided or CSM army.... now I'm talking something that looks a little like an Ungor, to give you a mental image.

Or: a Khorne or Nurgle Demon, kneeling on one knee, holding a skull with one hand and staring into it (a bit like the oft misquoted alas poor 'insert name' I knew him well, Horatio) that would be cool!

How about a guardsman (loyalsit?) dropping to the ground as he comes to realise that the strain hes feeling is his skin turning inside out as a deamon uses his back as a doorway to the warp... mabey do it as a diroama? with other terrified guardsmen panicking around him??

mkay so how about a nurgle DP(who is more on the skinny side, not as bloated as most of u 2's nurgle creations) with his knees slightly bent and his head thrown back in laughter, holding a sword in his left hand and a guardsman(maybe a sarge?) in the other.

The guardsman should have a look of agony across his face and him in the process of succumbing to disease from the DP turning him into a zombie/plaguebearer.

The DP's armor(partially still there) in shards or with bloated tissue covering it partially and the armor rusted or corroding. The DP maybe has wing? up to you guys.

And Finally the base. I have in mind either sludge of a mostly decayed world withe zombies floating in it like in the 2nd HH book or my favorite idea, scattered corpses of fallen guardsmen(maybe the other one's squad) decaying/bloating/etc. and turning into plague zombies or plague bearers. Or even maybe there could be fallen marines who are doing the same as the fallen guard. this could be on a agri-world or some other imperial holding.

Think The Gheistos Cataclysm from the 5th ed Rulebook pg 152. Thatd be a sweet setting.

How about a guardsman (loyalsit?) dropping to the ground as he comes to realise that the strain hes feeling is his skin turning inside out as a deamon uses his back as a doorway to the warp... mabey do it as a diroama? with other terrified guardsmen panicking around him??

That is so weird, I was pretty much going to say the same thing, like a deamon erupting out of a guardsmen ( or alternative) body, need to think of another idea now...

Skarbrand "The Exiled One" Greater Daemon of Khorne just like in his artwork on his page in the Daemon Codex charging: Axes low, head & shoulders forward, with his ruined wings trailing out behind him.

I had always wanted to see the Iron Warriors daemons, which were described as mechanical vaguely human shaped, but completely mechanical. The daemon having possessed the body.

couldn't agree more, technology is such a constant in 40k, surely the warp would have made some kind of freaky gribbly sized tech daemon by now

Good Daemonettes. I really liked the previous incarnation best(the ones with some bared breasts), because they, to me, really captured the feel of a daemonette... sexy, but still scary. However, as much as I liked them, they still seemed a little... off to me. I think maybe if they had been a tad more muscular(like the illustration in the Hordes of Chaos whfb entry), it would have done it for me. The old crab claw models were horrible, and the new ones look like withered vampires from another crap-ass Underworld movie with all the leather and studs.

Similarly, I'd also like to see a Keeper of Secrets that isn't a cow and a little less freaky than the FW model(what's up with the spiked ball in the chest?). My idea of Slaanesh daemons always ran to the inhumanly gorgeous female shape, that even though you knew they were probably about to chop you up into pieces, you didn't care, as long as you got to touch them just once.

And even though I don't like Khorne, I'd like to see a good Bloodletter figure. The new ones look great... for daemons. They just don't say 'Khorne' to me. The previous ones, like the daemonettes, were close. I liked the musculature and everything(if a bit on the bulky side), but the shaggy back and the weird heads didn't do it for me. So... buff, mean looking demons with big axes or swords, and some armor like the old heavy infantry(think Spartans... the real ones, not the guys in leather speedos).

Oooh, just found this guy: http://www.coolminiornot.com/117768

The muscles have a hard edge to them, almost like he's made of stone or something, but something along those lines, with armor and a more feral, dog-like face is what I had in mind.

Archived