Claws of Lorek Renegade Marine Battle Company plus Friends!

redman42

Pre GS WIP.

Chappy

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk462/redstarone22/mychap_wip1.jpg

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk462/redstarone22/mychap_wip2.jpg

2 Vet Sgts w/ Bolters and Power Fists

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk462/redstarone22/myvets_wip2.jpg

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk462/redstarone22/myvets_wip1.jpg

Ok, now that you have seen some of the models for the force, here is the deal. My new log will be a personal project to complete a renegade space marine battle company. There will be a rather large apocalypse battle at one of my local stores and I want to field the battle company data sheet. The prospects of the new space marine codex, drop pods, and a few other things have lured me back to space marines. Now I as you all may know, im a die hard chaos player, so, a rengade chapter it must be.

Now here is my question to you all.

What chapter should my renegade battle company be from? Im open to anything thats not red and it must be a regular codex company. i.e 6 tactical, 2 assault and 2 devestators.

I really do need some help as I simply cant make up my mind. Im drawn to so many cool chapters but since this is a rengade company..

hmmmm They look really cool, great use of bits!!

I would say (based on the bits): Crimson Fists, Iron Hands, Silver Skulls, Raven Guard

Thanks, im going for a simple and quick army with limited GS and difficult conversions.

As for the scheme, it doesn have to be based on the bitz of just those guys as 95% of the force isnt built yet. That said, siliver skulls would be nice and easy to paint.. but would it get confused with iron warriors or something?

Thats true, but providing you don't employ hazard stripes, is shouldnt be a problem....

Tell you what would look cool if you want simple and effective, war bringers, marauders or storm lords....

Storm lords are white and what colors? I cant remember, no idea about the war bringers and the marauders are a dull blue correct?

Great use of bits, there's a solid Renegade vibe. :tu:

About the Storm Lords,

White and Red, half-scheme.

Storm Lords

Marauders

Emperor's Warbringers

Edit: I found some Storm Lords decals here at the BnC, in the downloads section:

link

Edit: and a banner over at Hangar 8:

link

I hope that helps

The marauders and warbearers look good. The storm lords wont works since i dont want red. I have 2 chaos armies that are already red and dont want this army to just look like an addition to on of those armies.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Back on this again... but I need input on 2 things before I seriously start the log.

First, what color should the shoulder pad trim be on the black arm/pad? Im thinking it should just stay the color of the other pad, i.e. these guys would have a gold trim on the black.

Second, im thinking that each marine before battle has to deface thier chapter badge. Each squad could do it diffrent ways, some scratching part of it off, others using blood to paint over part of it kinda like the corsairs. Now my question is, does this sound good? and if so, im stuck on how to deface these guys. Im leaning toward scratching over "blood" as there is alot of red on purity seals and eyes.

Keep in mind these are WIP and still need weathering and chipped paint. I see the whole chipped paint thing as perfect to tie in the whole army as well as the black helmets and right arm/pad.

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk462/redstarone22/ren_ultra_wip2.jpg

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk462/redstarone22/ren_ultra_wip1.jpg

Oh, the company is going to be a mixed force with each squad being a diffrent chapter.

Current standing:

Tactical Squads

Ultramarines (blue)

Raptor Legion (camoish green)

Lamenters (yellow)

Soul Drinkers (purple)(chaos recruits, not original chapter)

Space Sharks (grey)

Need idea

Assault Squads

Mortifactors (bone and black)

Howling Griffons (red and yellow quartered)

Devestator Squads

Mentor Legion (dark geen and white)

Silver Skulls (silver)

Im going to go with the basic red chaos star over the chapter badge.

Simple and to the point.

Anyone have any ideas for the chaos symbol that will go on the left shoulder pad? Im leaning towards space in general. You know, black background as it is now with a ton of tiny stars and such. To random? or just right? let me know!

looks nice so far. are those ultras a blue was over a white undercoat?

I think the "space" pad sounds a bit time-consuming, but could be very cool if done well.

for the last of the tac squads - how about a white-colored chapter, white scars or white consuls, maybe?

Its actually 3 thin layers of the blue wash over a basecoat of foundation astronomican grey that was highlighted with a bit of white. The pics done really show the level of shading :P

The space pad wouldnt take to long, its really just alot of small dots. Im just worried it will look to "out there". As for the white chapter, the mentor legion will cover that nicely. But, thinking about it, the white consuls would look rather nice as renegades.

For the space thing I would've suggested that you take a thin brush and a bit of card, dipped the brush in bone white and flicking it lightly onto the card, "splattering" the shoulderpad. Although it wont work not cos the it's stuck on ;)

I like the Renegade Ultras! One thing I might suggest is to mix up the apparent ages, level of corruption and Company markings so that it looks more like these are a bunch of renegades who have grouped together over time instead of being a full-on squad that defected (which I see as being relatively unlikely). Other than that, the plan sounds good so far.

Have you given any thought to who will be commanding these guys? You still need a Captain and Command Squad, and I think it would be cool if the command cadre came from a more hardened group of Renegades. A Red Corsairs Lord and his personal lackeys could be cool, but any of the Renegades in the past two Chaos Codecies would work. I've always wanted to see some of the Damned Company of Lord Caustos...

For the space thing I would've suggested that you take a thin brush and a bit of card, dipped the brush in bone white and flicking it lightly onto the card, "splattering" the shoulderpad. Although it wont work not cos the it's stuck on :P

I plan to do that for the scatter sprayed blood that will be around chain weapons and such. :tu:

I like the Renegade Ultras! One thing I might suggest is to mix up the apparent ages, level of corruption and Company markings so that it looks more like these are a bunch of renegades who have grouped together over time instead of being a full-on squad that defected (which I see as being relatively unlikely). Other than that, the plan sounds good so far.

Have you given any thought to who will be commanding these guys? You still need a Captain and Command Squad, and I think it would be cool if the command cadre came from a more hardened group of Renegades. A Red Corsairs Lord and his personal lackeys could be cool, but any of the Renegades in the past two Chaos Codecies would work. I've always wanted to see some of the Damned Company of Lord Caustos...

Very very good idea. I was always trying to figure out how to explain that 10 men from each chapter are all in a squad together. Now I can ;) thanks to you!

As for whos in command, I sure have.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Claws_of_Lorek

Im going to paint the black shoulder pad in the claws of lorek style. Just the reversed astral claw scheme. The command squad will be the select few marines that have attained a higher rank within the claws organazation, hence, will have the normal claws paint scheme except the right shoulder pad will still show the original chapter and will be super defaced. possibly hanging skin, chains with fingers, that sort of stuff. I want the command squad to really stand out since there will already be 100 marines blurring it all together.

The commander of the company wont be Lorek but I do have a plan for him in the future. All im gonna say is, "lords of chaos" data sheet, counts as Abby.

To deface the chapter logo, cut small pieces of plasticard or card and glue them over the logo roughly and some rivets, al la ork armour plates.

Ardus.

Im gonna try that out. It might look good on a select squad or 2.

Real life has been kicking my rear end all over the place... Literally. Ive just not finished all my work and errands for the day and its 11pm..

Anyhoo..

Still WIP but the bases are started, there wil be grass and such inbetween the cracks of tile. Models still need final details and the weathering is only half done, just chipped paint right now. Oh and backpacks need a wash or 2.

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk462/redstarone22/ren_ultra_wip3.jpg

Archived