[Artwork] Swordmaster

madscuzzy

... with a bit of PS editing.

Anyways, for those who have seen the model, yeah, this is somewhat what he looks like now. Over the weeks I did redo the sword and added some details. Might consider the sword a relic blade, since it is 2 handed model-wise, or a really funkie powerweapon. Here I have him dragging his sword over his arm, which is meant to be a combat shield or something of the sort.

http://scuzworks.com/SL40K/ART/swordmaster_edited.jpg

Will take photos of the model when I finally get him and his buddies done up for the new codex. Here is the WIP... clicky!

Oooh! Well done sir.

The Hint of power running along the blade is VERY well done, it accents the blade, yet doesn't over-power the picture as most do (pun-unintended? :s)

Anyway i love it, sword in particular.

Although i can't help thinking of Necrons when i see the pipes in the armor, they're just a bit too long for my liking.

But bloody good show old chap :tu:

Love the work Madscuzzy!

As usual, very sharp and controlled penciling indeed. :P

For people used to seeing normal Marine helmets, the one in your image here looks unfinished at first glance though,

because it kinda looks like eye definition and the face grill is missing. - Looking at the model though, I see that it is just right.

Love the added shoulder pad armour detail. - I may just find myself stealing that detail for a model of my own.

Very cool! - Two thumbs up! :( :D

I don't particularly mind my marines with smallish heads. Amps up the impressiveness of the armour when without the helm.

I have to say though, helmet could use some changes

Brother Drakk, what changes do you suggest?

Don't think so. I guess I could, but have only seen this as a BW piece. Anyone wanna give it a go?

I think for someone to colour it right they'd need to see the model version painted up so they can match the scheme.

Your rendering is ace as most people have said. My only gripe, his right hand, much to small and fleshy to be a marine's gauntleted hand, also the sword hand seems to be awkwardly gripping the hilt of his sword, to far back maybe? It's a good rendering tho, I've always enjoyed drawing those meticulous pencil drawings. Also, one last thing, whats going on with his helmet?

So i checked out the original model, and i get the Helmet. Yet I think it needs more depth, it seems to flat at the moment. I would say to extend the top portion out just a bit, and add some more shading underneath the separation of the two parts.

I second the hand remarks; but other than that looks good to me.

So i checked out the original model, and i get the Helmet. Yet I think it needs more depth, it seems to flat at the moment. I would say to extend the top portion out just a bit, and add some more shading underneath the separation of the two parts.

I second the hand remarks; but other than that looks good to me.

I believe the pictures in the WIP section of the original model are no longer current, as madscuzzy said the artwork is more inline with how the model looks now, and seeing as we haven't seen the model's latest form yet it is likely that the helmet has changed (which is why it looks different from the original pictures in the artwork).

Archived