[Artwork] 'No Quarter'

I think the problem with the sergeant is that his torso armor is bulkier than normal, but the rest of his armor looks the same as newer, less bulky power armor. Or maybe not?

But I'm a fan of it. It's not your best...it to me doesn't convey as much as some of your other stuff...I look at it and I'm tempted to be like "oh, hum another piece of space marines shooting/getting shot at". But there are a couple things, such as the reflection on the window that merit 2 points. (out of two, that is)

Yeah, keep it up.

Hi there, Aerion! Great piece as usual, especially on the coloring front - all the dust, rubble and smoke just looks fantastic, as well as the interior and overall composition. Good sense of action from this work.

However, it's not without it's mistakes.

For example, lets take a look on the marine with the banner. His posture is quite, say, poor - not only it's undynamic and rather ackward (knees and thighs are close to each other), he also seems to be in a half-sitting position, which quite kills the flow of movement that's otherwise being given a direction throught the whole drawing. Moreso, his pose is practically identical to that of the marine in the lower right part of the work. Such a repetativeness isn't very nice.

The kneepads of the marines are way too spherical - they're not on the main figure, though. I understand that it's a stylization but it looks quite strange, because no other part of the marines armour seem to follow the same trend.

Overall, I might say, that aside from the main character here and the interior, there's some slackiness in the style to this piece, I don't know.

Hope this doesn't offend you, just my thoughts on the work. I'd recommend putting your characters in a bit more "relaxed", natural poses. I've noticed that on most pics, your marines are either holding their ground or giving a "heroic" stance like this captain here - why not make them dodging, lunging, running or jumping? It'd give even more dynamism and power to your pieces))

Archived