damon hunters as witch hunter alies

corncob

I suppose this also means that if I take a DH =][= woth y WH army, I can't take any assassins (or I'd need to take a WH =][=, too, limiting me to one assassin or 3 DCAs).

With Inquisitors, you're right, but you always have the option of taking an Inquisitor Lord.

As for assassins, well, aside from Apocalypse-games, the rules for Ordo Assassinorum assassins clearly state, that you can field only one of them in you're whole army, so even with e.g. an WH InqLord and and allied InqLord you still can only field one assassin.

But, if e.g. you take a SoB-army (w/o an inqusitor from the WH list at all) and ally a DH Inq-Lord to the army, then you can only take either one assassin or 3 DCA's, as the DH InqLord can only unlock DH units which in turn can only fill the FOC-slots allowed for allied units.

But if you imported an Inq Lord into your WH army, and if your other WH HQ slot were an WH Inq Lord, then you can have your 9 DCAs. But that's 9 kill points right there.

Sure, but that was not the point.

What I wanted to say is, that with a WH list, you get the following options (for a DH army simply exchange the DH and WH designations in this list):

- Take a WH Inq Lord => you can can take one OA assassin and/or fill as many elite slots with DCA's as you like

- Take a WH Inq => same as above, you just have one elite-slote less for assassins

- Take an allied Inq Lord => you have only the one elite-slot allowed for allied troops to fill with any assassins, as DH Inq Lord only unlocks assassins from the DH-list

- Take an allied DH Inq => though he would unlock the assassins from the DH list, you have no elite-slot left for DH units, so you can take no assassins at all

Taking Inq's or Inq Lords from both lists doesn't change the options above, once you have a WH Inq or Inq Lord the DH counterpart doesn't change anything about the ability to take assassins other than using up an elite-slot in case of the Inq.

So above I wanted to make clear, that if you take a DH Inq Lord into a WH army without any Inq or Inq Lord from the WH list, that Inq Lord will unlock only assassins from the DH list you take the allies from, so you have only one elite-slot available for assassins, while the others can only take WH elites (and you still have to fulfill the requirements for those, so no arco-flagellants unless you have a WH-priest in the army).

You got everything correct.

I'm a little unhappy with that ruling on the priest.

I already view him as a destitute, expensive, freeloading windbag with all bark and no bite.

The least they could do is allow the full range of options to "exile" him into your prefered un-important squad.

In fact, I think that he can't help Celestians now (you can't reroll a reroll).

So be it. I'll deal.

This might turn into a slight case of threadnapping, but I just had a nasty thought concerning using inquisitorial armies as allies:

Inducted Imperial Guard units as well as allied Space Marines as listed in the Codex are considered regular units of that list, right? Wouldn't that allow you to, say, make a SoB-army and still take at least some Space Marines by simply taking them not from the WH codex, but as allied units from the DH list? (I seriously hope I missed some clarification on that)

Or for an IMHO less cheesy example, ally Sapce Marines into IG armies or vice versa via the Inquisiton (like "Yeah, we usually don't work together so closely, but someone from the Inquisiton called in and told us to get our a$$ over here to help you, or else..."). Putting some SM into an IG armymight be interessting, but for IG allies for a SM-army I'm not so sure. Would perhaps be more interessting, if you could get a Leman Russ that way.

Inducted Marines and Guard aren't available for allying. That allying/inducting rules make that plain enough.

Yup, just read it myself. Didn't have the books at hand when I made that last post and wasn't sure if the rules cover that possible loophole.

Archived