The Curse of Dan Abnett

Eirik_Xenobane

While I've enjoyed every book so far, I have to agree that Graham is at the least on par with Dan, better in various ways for sure. I have found all the HH books very easy to get into, which I have struggled to do so since David Gemmell left us :/

Not even remotely ashamed that I cried when I heard the news. Reading the Drenai books in my teens was one of the biggest influences in me wanting to become a writer.

Prospero Burns has been good

Get an advance copy of it via warp travel or something!?

Reading the Drenai books in my teens was one of the biggest influences in me wanting to become a writer.

Legend and Druss The Legend still remain 2 of my favourite books, and I’ve even re–read them recently. Still :(–hot!

David's dead? Pooz.

I used Legend to help quite a few kids learn to read. Those kids discovered more than just confidence in reading. Druss was a father to many.

A D-B, I read One Hate and thought it the best in the book. Good work. Liked the feeling of a switch being thrown in Argo's head from cool to kick-ass. An inspiring moment that resonated well.

I read One Hate and thought it the best in the book. Good work. Liked the feeling of a switch being thrown in Argo's head from cool to kick-ass. An inspiring moment that resonated well.

I liked that one, and the Kyme story about the Salamanders best.

One Hate: A Chaplain yelling at an Orc....Hell Yea.

The Salamander short makes me want to get the series now.

Aye, I liked that story along with One Hate the best. The Salamander book is really good too. I love the depth of characters in it.

just finished Cadian Blood, loved it. especially the ending.

WLK

Excellent book that, very gripping and also extremely hilarious. I read it after Soul Hunter (though I got it before but hadn’t gotten around to reading it), and love the mix of Guardsmen and Astartes in it. Very well done.

Friend of mine plays the Dorn chapters and he picked up Legends just for One Hate as it was a Crimson Fist story.

I didn’t know it was a CF story until I started reading it, and that thrilled me. One of my favourite loyalist chapters along with Salamanders and Raven Guard. Oh, and the Salamander book by Nick Kyme also features chaplains yelling at Orks, punctuated by killing blows from his crozium! :D

just finished Cadian Blood, loved it. especially the ending.

WLK

Agreed. Was pleasantly surprised by both this and Soul Hunter. As for Mr. Abnett, much as i love him in a utterly straight and manly bromantic way he is a double edged sword. For every Gaunt or Eisenhorn he produces there is a Triumf lurking in the wings to piss on your cornflakes. Not a GW book I know but i read it and it damn near made me swallow my own brain...

have purchased Soul Hunter, but first have got to finish the Imperial Guard Omnibus...which means i am taking he book everywhere and reading it when i find a spare moment.

i dont want to rush the I.G. Omni, but after hearing so much good aout Soul Hunteri cant wait to start.

what really makes me impatient for Abnett is that after reading Brothers of the Snake (straightforward codex Marines) and Legion and the various HH Legions, next year cant come quick enough for him to work on my beloved Wolves.

WLK

Archived