GD06 Vet Sarge

Brother Atheos

A very nicely painted model. I know what you mean about blending as I'm still a little cautious and the learning process is a pain but I think it would be worth it. You've obviously got a good amount of talent and it's only fair for a fellow painter to push you a little further.

Love the look of the model, not too crisp and clean. Some folk paint up marines like they had just come off the prodution line which is o.k. but... like i said not too clean. The skin colours are very nice, will have to try that technique.

Thinking of painting some Crimson fists and that has given me inspiration, thanks again.

Cheers Al.

JetfireUK - Thanks man. Problem in the past i've had is rather than people encouraging me to push my ability they have tried to push my speed. When i paint i cant do it half-assed and must do it right. I'll definately have a go at some smoother blending like you suggested and also look at Lunchbox's glazing tut to see what i can get from that.

Marshal Soloman - I know what you mean. I like to think that i paint marines cleanly, but not sanitary. I think the biggest factor is the lack of freehand. I find that unless a marine is battle damaged, too much freehand work looks out of place and that the marines should all be stood in rows on parade rather than fighting a war.

Sadly after seeing the amount of Sallys on the board im sorely tempted to try my hand at one now but i shall abstain. The Crims are a small chapter and they need recruits and i intend to answer their call!

Ive decided im going to do my 8 man Assault squad next seeing as i have a passable (just) 2 troops choices.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/fezuk/IMG_1710.jpg

Nice looking army so far Brother Atheos! On the Chappy, I was thinking that a nice jeweled effect on the Crozius' staff would make it that much more ace..

Linky

Thanks for the comments guys... they will help me push on and get everything done.

CrisisCore - The red wasnt too hard to do, just a pain if i wanted to do it all over a marine. I did the following:

1)Scorched and blood red basecoat (you want a colour similar to dried blood)

2)dark flesh and blood red

3) blood red

4)blood red and Blazing orange h/l

5)blood red, blazing orange and white h/l

I think i did it differently on the chappy:

1)Dark flesh

2)Mecharite red

3)blood red h/l

$)Blood red and blazing orange h/l

nurglespuss - cheers fella. I'm sure you'll put me to shame with your termies tho. As for the cmd sqd i was looking at going combi weapon heavy to fit with the 2 units of 8 Sternguard that i want to get. Flamery death.

Matador - Thats definately an interesting effect. I'll have a play and see how it goes.

Like i said thanks for all the comments guys and hopefully i'll be able to crack on and make some real progress tonight.

Cheers :> but I can't paint faces like you!! or dark blue come to think of it

Flamery command squad sounds good... seeing as its a one shot weapon, pity you couldnt make 'flame-pistol servo-skulls' floating above/around each base....

Damn you! i now want to make servo skull minions for my sternguard when i get around to them. As for painting skin, it seems to be more a question of people not nescessarily understanding how to accentuate features as opposed to just being crap. keep practicing and my top tip... dont drybrush skin.

fantastic minis! as for naming im thinking Lucian but thats greek and I thought that CF's were supposed to be of Latin American Decendances (sp?)

im liking the name. consider it yoinked :D I'll just give him a more hispanic sounding second name.

Quite simply.....an exquisite mini! My fave Chaplain model, with a seriously awesome paint job! Well done! Good job!

Yeah tbh out o all the chaplain mini's this is probably the only one i like. I like this pose so much infact i broke my vow of "Never succumb to using a chaplain".

I intend to start on the assault bods in around 2hrs time sowish me luck!

Archived