Heru's C:-I- project opinion topic

Heru

In my Codex Inquisition project that some of you may remember I've been working on for quite awhile, I've decided due to 5th Edition to go back and look at the Sisters Repentia once more, and I'd like the opinions on which version people think would be better.

There are a number of criteria I am aiming for with this unit so keep them in mind when reviewing the two versions:

Effectiveness - Is the unit a unit you would put on the table for more than just fluffiness?

Balance - Is it overcosted / undercosted / underpowered / overpowered?

Fluffy - Do the rules fit the unit?

Likeability - Is the unit more likeable than before?

Older Version 1

Sisters Repentia - - - Points Cost: 110 Points

--------------------------- WS - BS - S - T - W - I - A - Ld - Sv

Mistress --------------- 4 _ 4 _ 3 _ 3 _ 1 _ 4(5) _ 2(3) _ 10 _ 4+

Sister Repentia ------ 4 __ 4 _ 3(6) _ 3 _ 1 _ 3 _ 1 __ 6 __ 4+

Unit Composition:

- 1 Mistress

- 4 Sisters Repentia

Unit Type:

-Infantry

Special Rules:

- Divine Fury

- Only in Death Does Duty End

- Righteous Zeal

- Feel No Pain

- Alone in their Penance

Wargear:

- Carapace Armour

- Sisters Repentia also have Ceremonial Eviscerators

- Mistresses have a pair of Neural Whips

Options:

- The Squad may include up to fifteen additional Sisters Repentia for 20 points per model.

- Special Rules Expanded -

Divine Fury: Sisters Repentia strike at Initiative 4 for the first round of combat.

Only in Death Does Duty End: The unit has the Holy Rage special rule (see page 24 of the Witch Hunter Codex).

Righteous Zeal: Should the Sister Repentia unit ever fail a Morale check they will move 6" towards the nearest enemy unit, instead of falling back, at the end of the enemy Shooting phase. Should this extra move take them into contact with an enemy unit, they count as having charged in the subsequent Assault phase. In close combat, the unit is considered to have the Fearless Universal Special Rule.

Feel No Pain: Sisters Repentia (not including the Mistress) have the Feel No Pain Universal Special Rule.

Alone in their Penance: The Sister Repentia unit may not be joined by any other models, with the exception of a Priest (who would also be subject to Holy Rage).

OR

Newer Version 2

Sisters Repentia - - - Points Cost: 110 Points

--------------------------- WS - BS - S - T - W - I - A - Ld - Sv

Mistress --------------- 4 _ 4 _ 3 _ 3 _ 1 _ 4(5) _ 2(3) _ 10 _ 3+

Sister Repentia ------ 4 __ 4 _ 3(6) _ 3 _ 1 _ 3 _ 1 __ 6 __ 5+

Unit Composition:

- 1 Mistress

- 4 Sisters Repentia

Unit Type:

-Infantry

Special Rules:

- Divine Fury

- Holy Rage

- Righteous Zeal

- Feel No Pain

- Alone in their Penance

- By His Will

Wargear:

- Sisters Repentia have Ceremonial Eviscerators

- Mistresses have a pair of Neural Whips

Options:

- The Squad may include up to fifteen additional Sisters Repentia for 20 points per model.

Ceremonial Eviscerators: Ceremonial Eviscerators may be used in one of two ways:

1. As Eviscerators.

OR

2. As Two-handed Power Weapons.

Divine Fury: Sisters Repentia have the Furious Charge Special Rule.

Holy Rage: Units with Holy Rage roll two D6 when working out the distance that they can run and use the higher result. Units with Holy Rage also have the Fleet special rule.

Righteous Zeal: Should the Sister Repentia unit ever fail a Morale check they will move 6" towards the nearest enemy unit, instead of falling back, at the end of the enemy Shooting phase. Should this extra move take them into contact with an enemy unit, they count as having charged in the subsequent Assault phase. In close combat, the unit is considered to have the Fearless Universal Special Rule.

Feel No Pain: Sisters Repentia (not including the Mistress) have the Feel No Pain Universal Special Rule.

Alone in their Penance: The Sister Repentia unit may not be joined by any other models, with the exception of a Priest (who would also be subject to Holy Rage).

By His Will: The Sisters Repentia's save is Invulnerable (note this does not include the Mistress).

Personally I've always thought that they should have an invunerable save rather than an armour one (they're not wearing much armour after all) the invunerable save would represent their ability to shrug off damage and dodge attacks due to them being in a killing frenzy

I actually think they should generate faith points but not benefit from them, basically they regard themselves as being out of divine grace and should therefore not benefit from acts of faith, however they provide an inspiration for their fellow sisters and should therefore generate points

Newer Version 2

Ceremonial Eviscerators: Ceremonial Eviscerators may be used in one of two ways:

1. As Eviscerators

OR

2. As Power Weapons that do not grant any attack bonuses (ie no bonus for charging or having a 2nd CCW).

Divine Fury: Sisters Repentia strike at Initiative 4 for the first round of combat.

Holy Toledo Heru!

You know what this means? S6 I4 Eviscerators on the charge, and then S3 I3 power weapons thereafter! This is not actually very exciting since the power weapon option is misleading. In most cases S6 I1 Eviscerators will still be better than S3 I3 power weapons, because only Tau and Necrons have I2 and almost all other enemies will strike before or simultaneously with the Repentia. Also, since the power weapon option does not grant a bonus for charging, the Eviscerator option is more effective on the charge because it does not have the same limitation.

If the Eviscerator strikes at I1 because it cannot gain bonuses from the Divine Fury special rule, then it is a trade-off between one S3 I4 power weapon attack on the charge, or two S6 I1 Eviscerator attacks on the charge. Again in most cases other enemies will strike before or simulatanously with the Repentia no matter which option is chosen, though I4 is enough to strike before I3 Imperial Guard and Kroot as well as I2 Tau and Necrons. Against these low Initiative enemies it may be more attractive to use the power weapon option, but with only one S3 attack per model, the Repentia may not be able to cause enough wounds. Except Kroot, none of these three low Initiative enemies can cause significant wounds to the Repentia, so there is no great loss in waiting to strike last with the S6 Eviscerators.

Using the Eviscerators as power weapons would be more attractive if the Repentia can use Furious Charge with them, and if they were considered as two handed power weapons instead of granting no bonus attacks at all. Two handed weapons can still grant bonus attacks for charging, but not for two close combat weapons. The options become S6 I1 Eviscerators, or S4 I4 power weapons on the charge. Using the Eviscerator is good for destroying tanks and is the better choice for resisting high Initiative enemies, while using the Furious Charge two handed power weapons is good for quickly killing low Initiative enemies and Terminators with powerfists.

Personally I've always thought that they should have an invunerable save rather than an armour one (they're not wearing much armour after all) the invunerable save would represent their ability to shrug off damage and dodge attacks due to them being in a killing frenzy

Yeah in Codex WH they are running around with 4+ Carapace Armour saves... which was why in version 1 I said "because that's the save they had in the Codex". With the re-think, version 2 ended up with a more difficult to achieve invulnerable save with the advantage that it was more useful across the board.

I actually think they should generate faith points but not benefit from them, basically they regard themselves as being out of divine grace and should therefore not benefit from acts of faith, however they provide an inspiration for their fellow sisters and should therefore generate points

That's a good point, though I've yet to fully tackle the Faith system so I'll update the unit with Faith points at a later date.

Newer Version 2

1. As Eviscerators

OR

2. As Power Weapons that do not grant any attack bonuses (ie no bonus for charging or having a 2nd CCW).

Holy Toledo Heru!

You know what this means? S6 I4 Eviscerators on the charge, and then S3 I3 power weapons thereafter! This is not actually very exciting since the power weapon option is misleading. In most cases S6 I1 Eviscerators will still be better than S3 I3 power weapons, because only Tau and Necrons have I2 and almost all other enemies will strike before or simultaneously with the Repentia. Also, since the power weapon option does not grant a bonus for charging, the Eviscerator option is more effective on the charge because it does not have the same limitation.

If the Eviscerator strikes at I1 because it cannot gain bonuses from the Divine Fury special rule, then it is a trade-off between one S3 I4 power weapon attack on the charge, or two S6 I1 Eviscerator attacks on the charge. Again in most cases other enemies will strike before or simulatanously with the Repentia no matter which option is chosen, though I4 is enough to strike before I3 Imperial Guard and Kroot as well as I2 Tau and Necrons. Against these low Initiative enemies it may be more attractive to use the power weapon option, but with only one S3 attack per model, the Repentia may not be able to cause enough wounds. Except Kroot, none of these three low Initiative enemies can cause significant wounds to the Repentia, so there is no great loss in waiting to strike last with the S6 Eviscerators.

Using the Eviscerators as power weapons would be more attractive if the Repentia can use Furious Charge with them, and if they were considered as two handed power weapons instead of granting no bonus attacks at all. Two handed weapons can still grant bonus attacks for charging, but not for two close combat weapons. The options become S6 I1 Eviscerators, or S4 I4 power weapons on the charge. Using the Eviscerator is good for destroying tanks and is the better choice for resisting high Initiative enemies, while using the Furious Charge two handed power weapons is good for quickly killing low Initiative enemies and Terminators with powerfists.

Very helpful, thanks - 7eAL - (though it's S7 I1 for the Eviscerators on the charge with Furious Charge).

I've amended the Version 2 entry with the changes.

As far as them using faith points, you should remember that the iconic Living Saint-- Saint Celestine-- was a Sister Repentia. Indeed, one might even go so far as to say that they are possiblyt he most faithful of all Sisters.

At 20pts per model, they're still obscenely overpriced. So they have eviscerators, what good is that when the one holding it, never gets to use it.

Some suggestions I've been brain storming include some of these:

Let them take transports. Death company get jump packs or Rhinos/Land Raiders. Banshees get Falcons and wave serpents. So giving Repentias some sort of transport, even if its something crazy like being dropped out of a Valkyrie, or Thunderhawk in a box (or pod). I'd rather see them have a land based transport, but if the only thing acceptable enough are drop pod like things, than so be it. "We don't wish to waste good technology or vehicles to get you closer to death. So my sisters, repent your sins as you fall from the heavens just as you have fallen from his grace." or something like that. Bit of a stretch I know.

A unit that is suppose to be an assault unit, but is given the equal to power chain fists. Ok, crazy sister with a huge 2 handed chain sword. Scary looking, check, killing power, .... *crickets* Ok, maybe we need to rethink the whole crazy slow weapons. These girls WANT to die for the emperor. What can we give them that will allow them to die in glory, yet still expendable. Ok, I got nothing here. Really big chainswords prolly are the cheapest option technology wise. The problem comes down to never really getting to swing them, and being so insanely points heavy you can't afford to just throw them away for nothing. If they stay at 20+points a model, than they need to actually represent that. Khorne Berserkers are 21 or 25 points a model (don't remember which off the top of my head) and are super powerful in HtH.

Faithful, I don't see them really needing to benefit from faith, but since most are self condemed, I would/could certainly see them adding faith to the army. Perhaps even psychological effects on units near by. Similar aspect to Seraphim's visage. I don't really know what We could make the effect be. Reroll leadership perhaps, since others around may not want to end up in a repentia's position. Something to look into for sure.

So, I guess I'll just make a unit entry.

Sisters Repentia at approximately 20pts each

1 Mistress, 5-19 Repentia.

Mistress WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I4(5) A2(3) Ld10 Sv. 3+ (power armor)

- Faithful, may not use acts of faith on Sister's repentia. (adds a faith point to the army, and another one from martyrdom)

- Guide the fallen, on a 4+ the unit is effected by Holy rage. (basically snapping the whip on someone's butt to get em moving)

Repentia WS4 BS4 S3(5) T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld6 Sv. 4+

- Feel no Pain, filled with fanatic zeal to repent and die for the emperor in a truely painful way, they ignore most wounds that would kill normal soldiers.

- Weapons of the damned, similar to an eviscerator, although it lacks the diamond hard teeth, and raw power of the revered Eviscerators. A weapon of the damned is a expendable 2 handed chainsword that gives the wielder +2 str. and counts as a power weapon.

- Righteous Zeal, (same as current version)

The squad maybe accompanied by a Priest. It is his job to make sure these zealous sisters are used to great effect. If a priest is present than he may take a transport option of, Rhino, Chimera, or Land Raider Crusader (pts based from current books, and a religious land raider seems like a good idea).

This might be a bit over the top on power, but hits the mark on fluff.

My other idea was to reduce their points cost, and leave them very similar to what they are now. Not exactly the most exciting, and certainly a more lazy approach at it.

So that is basically my extremely dragged out 2 cents. Hopefully it will at least add to the idea pool, and spark some new ideas to boot.

Sorry about that, I should have stated that first. Indeed, some of the things you had listed in your versions made lots of sense and certainly added some punch to them. Feel No Pain for sure. While Version 1 gives them a bit more killing power at the same points cost. They are still pretty fragile. I think version 2 comes out being a bit more favorable for survival. Maybe not "Feel no pain" and "Invulnerable" saves though, that might be a bit much.

The choice of how you would want to use the Eviscerators is neat, but I wouldn't say that it would really change much. Especially at the point cost. Banshees are Str.3 and I5(6 Exarch) power weapons. Using Str.3 I3 power weapons at 20+pts a model just isn't worth it. Your still not going to kill much when most of the squad is dead from opponents swinging first. 7eAL pretty much summed it up.

Sadly both versions don't seem to make them worth so many points for a S3 T3 model. Yes, they may have invul saves, but you'll end up using FNP almost all the time. Now comes the real problem, anything that is Str. 6 will not allow them to get a Feel no pain roll. So having the 5+ invul save still makes them pretty darn fragile. I would rather have a just a regular 4+ invul save than FNP, but that might be a little much. Lastly, they still have dismissal amount of attacks, still strike last 90% of the time, and still have a low toughness that will result in tons of saves needed.

Edited post after re-reading OP

Using Str.3 I3 power weapons at 20+pts a model just isn't worth it.

Don't forget to add Divine Fury v2* (S4, I4 Power Weapons on the charge or S7, I1 Eviscerators) and Holy Rage v2* to that equation (Move - Run {with increased chance of running further} - then Charge {thanks to Fleet}).

With that combo they really hit hard (I4 + S4 means hitting Marines at the same time at the same strength, but with Power Weapons), then when they are bogged down in combat they rely on FNP, their Inv and the Eviscerators (plus the Mistress with her I5 Power Weapons, and 3+ Save). Then there is everything with I3 and lower (that won't be able to stand a Repentia charge).

Your still not going to kill much when most of the squad is dead from opponents swinging first. 7eAL pretty much summed it up.

7eAL is the reason Furious Charge was thrown in, and the Power Weapon setting was switched from no attack bonuses to Two-Attack (ie +1 for charging).

What I'd actually like is for a couple of people to test the version 2 unit out on the table so we can see how they fair now.

* = My fault I know you guys / girls might of missed those bits because the special rules have the same names but different functions as in v1...

Since 5th Edition, I've been using a squad of these girls in all of my games. As it is, I don't feel they need any extra rules any more (although about 18 points instead of twenty would be more appropriately priced). I'm still learning how best to use them, but I've had both my fair share of successes and losses with them. The ability to run them in addition to holy rage means that they generally hit HtH on turn two. If the contact a tank, the ability to hit rear armour with eviscerators generally results in a dead tank. Also, the mere presence of them has drawn my opponents attention enough that they have enabled other units (sisters in rhino) to advance almost unscathed.

So in short: keep them the same, but with a slight points drop.

Eltnot, you'll probably have to tell us some things about your games before we can really gauge how effective they are for you.

- What armies are you playing against? Not all armies are Marine equivalent made equal.

- How well do your Repentia actually do once in close combat? Do they actually win close combats?

- They have Eviscerators, tanks should be guaranteed dead. What kind of tanks are we talking?

- How many times have your opponents seen Repentia? (Have they figured it out yet, how to avoid Repentia?)

Fleet would certainly allow them to get into HtH a bit faster. Once they get to HtH, which they are designed for, they still sadly fall apart. Having a furious charge addition would off set that a little bit. Your still looking at only 2 attacks on the charge, with a 5+ invul save, and a 4+ feel no pain (as long as there are no power weapons or str.6 hits). A regular tactical marine squad will end up killing just as many as Repentia would. Banshees, an actual HtH unit, would be killing even more. Just an after-note, both of these units are 4 points cheaper per model than Repentia and can both be useful in the shooting phase to boot.

20 points for an evsicerator sounds cool on paper, but thats about it. I'll re-read both versions again.

Edited

S4 I4 on the charge with power weapons, well, that is a little better. Although with only 2 attacks on the charge they still lack the power to represent 20+pts a model. HtH units should be able to excel at assaults. With all these changes you have, it brings them up to ok at assault, yet still costing more than some of the really powerful assault units.

I'll give both both of your versions a test run or two each. Hopefully I can remember to report it, or remember to use em. :D

there are two ways they could be changed . one is changing the rules [inv FnP etc ] but no matter what they are still 3/3 S/T for 20 pts . they are going to end up like many meq choices of elite units [with even better rules] that never see play , unless the changes made will be against fluff or too good .[drop pods and charging out of them , second wound ].

Or we can let them stay the way they are[rules wise] , but actually make it possible to use them in squads the size they were planed for [10+] . play test them with them costing 10/12 pts and you will see that they are way better . They actually make it in to hth combat and can go against other hth units [unlike now] , but the bigger squad dont make them falcons of the 5th ed . they still die to flamers [or even more then before] . blast weapons against biggers squads are more effective and as they are quite hard to hide .

Another idea [not my ] was to go with the fluff . They are the spearhead of sob armies , why not give them infiltration or a rules that lets them be deployed durning the infiltration set up to stop people from using autoflanking with them .

Good points Jeske.

Alright, I got a couple games in today, and yesterday. I also did a bunch of math-hammer, and 1 unit scenarios.

1 unit vs 1 unit scenarios

Version 1 rules

Repentia -vs- Regular SoB squad (10 sisters and Rhino). Repentia managed to come out on top 2/3 of the time. Always being subject to holy rage and run got them on top of the enemy in no time at all. Mind you, even when the Repentia won, they were left at 1 or 2 models.

Repentia -vs- Space Marine (10 tac marines. either Plasma cannon, or missile launcher). Repentia would be on top of them in turn 2, unless spearhead deployment. Repentia would usually get to charge with about 50% of their unit left. Than would butcher the marines within 2-3 rounds of combat.

Repentia -vs- Guard. Repentia would bend the guard unit over completely almost 100% of the time.

Version 1 rules

750 point army

Repentia -vs- Marines They never got in range, two rounds of shooting completely whipped them off the board. Since you can't control them, thanks to holy rage, they can easily out run anything that could give them cover. Leaving them open to fire.

Repentia -vs- Sisters Again, they never got in range to charge.

Repentia -vs- Guard Yeah, pretty much same as above, only more template weapons.

So looking at version 1, in a 1 on 1 they are marginally ok. In actual game, still not worth 20pts at all. As jeste mentioned if they dropped them down to 10pts or so a model, that might actually make em work. Still not ork cheap, but certainly not crazy unbalanced.

On another note, I had an actual serious game today at 2500pts. I used a unit of Codex rules Repentia, with priest attached. I think this was the only game I've used them in where they actually did something. Mind you, they didn't come close to killing their points worth back. Thanks to my Salamander opponent dropping a Ironclad dread right next to my only squad on the table (Dawn of War), the repentia had something to attack right off the bat. So after having 12 out of 16 Sisters killed from two dreadnaught heavy flamers and a deathwind missile launcher, the repentia killed the drop pod (taking 6 repentia in return). Than finishing off a lone assault marine. Lastly killing a combat squad of marines, than got heavy flamed by Vulkan.

Next time, I'll give version 2 a try. Though as I figured, FNP and Invul saves was considered by many as being too much.

P.S. - the new Storm Shield termies are ridiculously powerful. They survived 3 Divine guided squads of Sisters rapid firing, an Exorcist, Canoness w/ inferno pistol and retinue. (5 flame templates, 38 bolter shots, 3 meltaguns, plasma pistol and inferno pistol, 3 Exorcist missiles) After all that, I only managed to put 1 wound on the chaplain. I just threw my Canoness and retinue in to tie them up for the rest of the game, since its Invul -vs- Invul than. By the end of it, 2 Termies where left. I won the game by holding 2 objectives and contested his 1.

Experiences with them in some recent games:

Vs Imperial Guard Gunline (1000 points)

Small unit of repentia (5-6) ran down one flank to assault a leman Russ and destroy it. They then tied up several squads of guardsmen in HtH before finally being wiped out.

Vs Necrons (1750 points)

Unit of 11 Repentia went straigh for the centre of the cron army. None made it, but all other mounted SoB units in Rhinos made it to their targets untouched due to the Necron player needing to destroy the repentia before they made combat with his lords unit (a charge from them would have won the combat for me and made his lord run).

Vs Tyranids (1750 points)

Unit of 9 Repentia plus priest (I wanted to try out this combo). Repentia rushed forward early and got jumped by a small unit of hormogaunts and some tyranid warriors. Repentia did little before being wiped out, but they did hold said units in combat for 3 rounds.

Vs Eldar (1750 points)

Unit of 12 repentia charged down flank, and pulled off first turn charge vs a unit of 6 jetbikes and wiped them all. they where shot and then charged by a unit of 5 shining spears and autarch with power weapon. Killed 2-3 spears before finally dieing.

No outstanding successes yet, but I'm still learning how to use them properly. The biggest key is deployment. So far, I've deploying thewm forward and either using terrain or rhinos to shield them somewhat. In some of my games (recently the Tyranids), I've realised afterwards, that they should have been deployed back, so as to charge in once other units (like hormogaunts) have been either tied up or destroyed by SoB.

The repentia are great on the charge, but pretty useless when being charged, so I think I need to keep them back more, and have them charge enemies that have tied up SoB squads that I want freed. Remember, that you can at least guide them with run moves.

PS - I'll have more field data early in November after I take them to two tournaments (Ork-toberfest in QLD Australia(1750 points), and Mackay Tournament in QLD Australia (2000 points).

well the problem is that they already have a extra d6 move and GW is trying to avoid the same buff for the same unit twice . Sure they would be better if they were 6+d6+12" charge , but that aint really fluffy or hard to put in to points [and it still makes them weak against other hth units] . The question we haveto ask ourselfs is what type of unit the repentia are .If they are counter units , then costing 20pts is ok [jump troops cost more or less the same in meq armies] , but for a counter unit they are either too weak [only 1A] or not survibale enough [real hth units will just kill too many before they even strike] . For repentia to be good counter unit they either need more A [virtual sisters] or inv/FnP , but then come the problem of pts cost and balanced .

Games wise repantia with those extra rules should cost around 18/20 pts , thats if GW wanted balanced rules . Sadly they dont , what means they should go up in cost [making them even more unplayable ] .

Now repentia as schock troops should be cheap . I know an evi costs 25 pts etc , but considering the str 3 of sob and the number of attacks they have I still dont think its worth 25 pts , but then again there are no other options to pick from . The 10/12 pts without changed rules is balanced and whats more intersting fluffy [huge unit etc] .

Eltnot I dont want to dis your game expiriance , but the way you write about repentia means that either your opponents are very bad or you only play one scenerio on a city fight table with tons of los blocking terrain [something hard to do in the 5th] or they didnt knew what eviscerators do . A necron build for example [and there is 1] is based around max number of light destroyers . there is no way a unit of repentia will ever see hth against a competent player . Same with IG . For 2 turns[minimum] your opponent saw you move your repentia near his Lemman Russ and did nothing ? where were his counter units , his cyclop ? As the nids go taking warriors and gaunts kind of a shows the lvl of player you were figthing against .+he must have been the must unlucky git in the world 20 gaunts + warriors and it took him 3 turns [or was that phases?] to kill them :no: ?

Eltnot I dont want to dis your game expiriance , but the way you write about repentia means that either your opponents are very bad or you only play one scenerio on a city fight table with tons of los blocking terrain [something hard to do in the 5th] or they didnt knew what eviscerators do . A necron build for example [and there is 1] is based around max number of light destroyers . there is no way a unit of repentia will ever see hth against a competent player . Same with IG . For 2 turns[minimum] your opponent saw you move your repentia near his Lemman Russ and did nothing ? where were his counter units , his cyclop ? As the nids go taking warriors and gaunts kind of a shows the lvl of player you were figthing against .+he must have been the must unlucky git in the world 20 gaunts + warriors and it took him 3 turns [or was that phases?] to kill them :huh: ?

Haven't yet played a game of cityfight, and these tables certainly weren't full of LoS blocking terrain.

Necron Builds - There is more than one if you've ever played more than one necron player. I know of three solid builds (warriors + Monoliths, Destroyer Spam, Deceiver build), this guy was running lots of warriors, and no the repentia didn't make HtH, but all of my other units made it to his lines practically untouched.

The guard player had the option of trying to kill my repentia (which he tried with a russ, but it scattered off) or deal with the mounted units coming his way about to overrun his objective. He choose to deal with the SoB.

The tyranid player wasn't the most challenging opponent, and it was a unit of about 10-12 hormogaunts and three flying warriors for three to four phases of HtH. He had average luck, and I had horrible (one hit each round for three rounds of HtH).

Notes on army: I run a fairly mech army (mounted units, exorcists, jump canoness and seraphim, but also include a guard platoon to increase firepower and to hold objectives in and near my deployment zone.

warriors + Monoliths,

dies to phase out. by turn 3.

Deceiver build

?? I think you mean the other ctan . it phases out even faster then the monolith army .

Destroyer Spam

only one that works . still isnt the top of the top , specially now with the way scoring works.

But again I dont want to talk about your opponents . I know that in a tournament setting or against tournament armies repentia will never see hth + with the cost they have right now it wont take an opponent 2/3 turns to drop them below a lvl when they can do something . It will happen on 1 turn . I mean they can get masacered by a devastator unit with hvy botlers [and thats a static unit ] .

Has anyone aside of me tried to test them with the lower points cost or the rules changes .

No, I haven't tried them at 10-11 pts a model yet. I've been slowly testing Version 2.

As I figured, they survive a tiny bit more damage. Sadly if they need invul, that means that FNP is gonna end up being worthless. I'll give em another shot tho.

No, I haven't tried them at 10-11 pts a model yet. I've been slowly testing Version 2.

As I figured, they survive a tiny bit more damage. Sadly if they need invul, that means that FNP is gonna end up being worthless. I'll give em another shot tho.

Isn't that the point? Power weapons are supposed to kill things easily, that's why they are both expensive, and generally less available.

Archived