Heru's C:-I- project opinion topic

Heru

Except, they're not killing anything. They're not usually even making it to HtH at all. With the current codex version of them, they almost never see HtH combat. HtH is all they have, and being so fragile they don't even have a chance to gain their points back.

Every other dedicated HtH unit usually has the ability to shoot, or the survivablity to make it to HtH. Banshees and Scorpions are 16pts each, Harlequins are 18 points each. Zerkers, and a couple other dedicated hth units cost more, but are twice as powerful. Oh, and none of these units suck at what they do.

I've been slowly testing Version 2.

As I figured, they survive a tiny bit more damage. Sadly if they need invul, that means that FNP is gonna end up being worthless. I'll give em another shot tho.

Ok I'll wait to hear the end results before I throw up a version 3.

I've been slowly testing Version 2.

As I figured, they survive a tiny bit more damage. Sadly if they need invul, that means that FNP is gonna end up being worthless. I'll give em another shot tho.

Ok I'll wait to hear the end results before I throw up a version 3.

And whenever Heru decides on something, I'll swoop in to steal it. :yes:

well did some runs with both versions . both didnt see hth once. Against eldar they didnt see much play thx to vypers . dakka tyrants killed a unit of 8 in one turn of shoting version 1 ] and in 2 [version 2] or rather in 2 and geting charged and killing the 3 suriving repentia before they can strike .

the khan drop poding ironclads or any fast moving flamer unit are their bane and as those units offten come with outflank or are generally faster then repentia there is no way geting away from them . In one game [version two] I found myself runing with them just to get away from the enemy , so they wouldnt die too fast .

But the worse match up was against chaos . HtH units [and considering 3 attacks on all chaos models this means everything] kill them with the share number of attacks even when understrengh . lash/oblit kills them [oblits without lash too , it takes one more turn , but I must say I tried to use bigger squads with version 2] . Geting them charge a DP or land raider was tricky as DP are faster and wait till the repentia squad drops under 7 models and then they can charge in without the fear of geting killed . I have killed kamikaze termi units with repentia , but considering they took out tanks + some of the repentia cost wise they arent the best of counter units .

All in all they dont work under both versions . At least for me in a power army seting .

And yet, despite that poor showing, they're still an improvement over what they are in C:WH. Shows how pathetic they actually are :tu:

I think they're going to need a permanent invulnerable save. For TWENTY POINTS EACH, a 4+ iinvulnerable save is not unreasonable.

Ok two new versions: Version 3 with 4+ Inv save and a two points point drop & Version 4 with only a 5+ Inv save, no Furious Charge and a 5 points point drop. Lets see how these two versions fair in comparison. :Troops:

Version 3

Sisters Repentia - - - Points Cost: 100 Points

--------------------------- WS - BS - S - T - W - I - A - Ld - Sv

Mistress --------------- 4 _ 4 _ 3 _ 3 _ 1 _ 4(5) _ 2(3) _ 10 _ 3+

Sister Repentia ------ 4 __ 4 _ 3(6) _ 3 _ 1 _ 3 _ 1 __ 6 __ 4+

Unit Composition:

- 1 Mistress

- 4 Sisters Repentia

Unit Type:

-Infantry

Special Rules:

- Divine Fury

- Holy Rage

- Righteous Zeal

- Feel No Pain

- Alone in their Penance

- By His Will

Wargear:

- Sisters Repentia have Ceremonial Eviscerators

- Mistresses have a pair of Neural Whips

Options:

- The Squad may include up to fifteen additional Sisters Repentia for 18 points per model.

- Special Rules Expanded -

Ceremonial Eviscerators: Ceremonial Eviscerators may be used in one of two ways:

1. As Eviscerators.

OR

2. As Two-handed Power Weapons.

Divine Fury: Sisters Repentia have the Furious Charge Special Rule.

Holy Rage: Units with Holy Rage roll two D6 when working out the distance that they can run and use the higher result. Units with Holy Rage also have the Fleet special rule.

Righteous Zeal: Should the Sister Repentia unit ever fail a Morale check they will move 6" towards the nearest enemy unit, instead of falling back, at the end of the enemy Shooting phase. Should this extra move take them into contact with an enemy unit, they count as having charged in the subsequent Assault phase. In close combat, the unit is considered to have the Fearless Universal Special Rule.

Alone in their Penance: The Sister Repentia unit may not be joined by any other models, with the exception of a Priest (who would also be subject to Holy Rage).

By His Will: The Sisters Repentia's save is Invulnerable (note this does not include the Mistress).

OR

Version 4

Sisters Repentia - - - Points Cost: 90 Points

--------------------------- WS - BS - S - T - W - I - A - Ld - Sv

Mistress --------------- 4 _ 4 _ 3 _ 3 _ 1 _ 4(5) _ 2(3) _ 10 _ 3+

Sister Repentia ------ 4 __ 4 _ 3(6) _ 3 _ 1 _ 3 _ 1 __ 6 __ 5+

Unit Composition:

- 1 Mistress

- 4 Sisters Repentia

Unit Type:

-Infantry

Special Rules:

- Divine Fury

- Holy Rage

- Righteous Zeal

- Feel No Pain

- Alone in their Penance

- By His Will

Wargear:

- Sisters Repentia have Ceremonial Eviscerators

- Mistresses have a pair of Neural Whips

Options:

- The Squad may include up to fifteen additional Sisters Repentia for 15 points per model.

- Special Rules Expanded -

Ceremonial Eviscerators: Ceremonial Eviscerators may be used in one of two ways:

1. As Eviscerators.

OR

2. As Two-handed Power Weapons.

Holy Rage: Units with Holy Rage roll two D6 when working out the distance that they can run and use the higher result. Units with Holy Rage also have the Fleet special rule.

Righteous Zeal: Should the Sister Repentia unit ever fail a Morale check they will move 6" towards the nearest enemy unit, instead of falling back, at the end of the enemy Shooting phase. Should this extra move take them into contact with an enemy unit, they count as having charged in the subsequent Assault phase. In close combat, the unit is considered to have the Fearless Universal Special Rule.

Alone in their Penance: The Sister Repentia unit may not be joined by any other models, with the exception of a Priest (who would also be subject to Holy Rage).

By His Will: The Sisters Repentia's save is Invulnerable (note this does not include the Mistress).

I don't see any mention as to how much Repentia will cost to add extra models. Would you make it a forced buy such as "The unit may add an additional 5 Repentia for 100 points, this addition may be taken up to 3 times" or would you do it as, "The unit may add additional Repentia at the cost of 20 points per model?"

Or are you looking at keeping the squads at 5 and then unlocking the ability to buy multiple squads of Repentia?

I don't see any mention as to how much Repentia will cost to add extra models. Would you make it a forced buy such as "The unit may add an additional 5 Repentia for 100 points, this addition may be taken up to 3 times" or would you do it as, "The unit may add additional Repentia at the cost of 20 points per model?"

Or are you looking at keeping the squads at 5 and then unlocking the ability to buy multiple squads of Repentia?

It's right there under "Options".

Archived