Silver Skulls Army

GAR

Thanks much guys.

I realize Silver Skulls tend to be viewed as one of those "off the beaten path" chapters, but the more I read about their fluff and see some of their models painted the more I really got to liking them. For a vanilla chapter they have quite a bit of character and background. I mean seriously, they have been around since the RT era and I am really enjoying getting into the conversion aspect to try and build out their fluff as headhunters.

I think adding skulls and trophys gives them a look all their own. And you can never have too many skulls and spiky bits! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I hope to have more done here shortly.

• 6 months later...

Howdy

Long time no update, but I make a little progress at a time.

Up for review is my still work in progress Chapter Master or Company Captain. This is my counts as Pedro Cantor model. I did a little bit of converting to get him to fit in with the rest of my army.

I hope you like. CNC always welcome. Thanks

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/garness/Silver%20Skulls/DSC01542.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/garness/Silver%20Skulls/DSC01540.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/garness/Silver%20Skulls/DSC01541.jpg

Have to ask about that head on your sweet and cool Kantor ? Is that head cut lose from the LoD sgt? or is it lose to begin with as i have seen like 2 or 3 of them now ? Bloody darn curious.... ;) looks very nice though mate :P some more decoration maby on the fist ? and realy like his left shoulder guard ;)

Cheers mate

Thanks. This model is still a work in progress. The trophy rack ( spikes) were just repaired as one of them broke off. :(

The head is cut from a chaplin model. I think it is a stock model part as it is very similar to the LotD sgt.

There is still a good deal left to do with him, but so far I am pretty happy with the way it is progressing.

Glad you like.

found your tread yesterday, due to your lastest post. great work all around, i liked how about mid stream, (just before your terminators) you started using more black in the torso.. while not verbatum GW/color blah blah, added a degree of break up that i think adds massively to the depth of your model's.

idea for you... ever think about doing a fresh head string? kinda like how you put fish on a line, you could model a Chain being dragged long the ground with "Fresh" Human chaos cultist heads attached or tied... or you could make a christmas model with your SilverSkulled santa and his Big bag of severed heads... ;) i know, i need help

good work man, hope you're having fun with it!

@brother Fatiswon

Fishline for trophies, Well to be honest there really isn't enough room on the individual figure bases to fit it in without looking awkward. However, I have added a number of those on the vehicles I am working on. Kinda string em up for all to see.

Read all 4 pages just now, and at first I was like "Naah, it's not that cool" but somehow I lokked at page 2, and then when the blue came, as well as the squad markings, I was hooked. Very nice army, and it seems fairly easy/quick to paint.

- Natanael

• 9 months later...

Necro alert!

I just have to say I really like your work! Your work is definitely going to be an inspiration for my own Silver Skull army. Just an awesome looking bunch of minis.

Archived