Legion of the Damned Baneblade

Ein Windir

The actual common Roman crucifix is a uppercase T rather than a lowercase t.

The cross beam normally had a hole in it to fit on a notch at the top of the vertical post. this made putting people up and taking them down much simpler.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/Ieyke/crux.jpg

Don't forget Combat-Cross Jesus!

http://www.chestofcolors.com/cofc-postnuke/albums/40k/EAGLE.jpg

i like it but maybe remove the top spar of the cross + replace it with some spikes or a trophy rack or something to break up the crucifix shape

it would get away from the christian connotations and still retain the idea.

just a thought...

Jesus wasn't the only one to ever be crucified, crucifixion was an extreme form of torture used by the Romans (as well as other countries) to crush the hopes of rebellion or dissension. So it is appropriate for the LotD to either symbolize their pain or to shatter their enemies moral.

yeah but lots of people dont know that and are going to follow the christian connotations. but i dont think many will be offended by it, but those who are will just have to live with it and get on with thier lives....

What I think you could do with cross (I think you should keep it, but if you need to scrap it..)

A "Y" shape so the hands are stuck on to the top two points

Or a X where he looks drawn and quatered.

Sorry if some said it already, but this zapped into my mind so I wanted to get both out

If people choose to be offended by a plastic miniature tank for whatever reason then quite frankly they deserve to be.

This is a fantastic peice of work, by the way; extremely grim, gothic and very much in the spirit of the Legion of the Damned. Cannot wait to see it finished.

Keep the cross, dude. It's a cool tank, no need to change anything. If anybody gets fussy about a cross on a tank, just remind them that pretty much all of the fluff of the Imperium was written as a mockery of the worst parts of christianity (in the dark ages, mostly). Space Marines are a parody of the templar orders of the high middle ages, SoB and the witch hunters is the catholic church during the period of the Inquisition, etc.

In reality, when you think about how negative the 40k fluff describes religion, if anybody is being sensitive about the use of a cross on a toy tank they really are shooting waaaay beside the mark.

There's no issue with the fact it's a christian symbol, the only issue is the fact that the Legion of the Damned are loyalists, they most likely wouldn't crucify a regular person because if its a heretic or something it's somebody elses job and quite frankly below space marines. Now if it was a skeleton with chaos marine armour parts on it, that would make sense.

Wow, I'm surprised at the reponses to this post. It's still not painted, but is got a dusting of sanded body filler on it though. Maybe it should get some paint loving tonite :P .

If people choose to be offended by a plastic miniature tank for whatever reason then quite frankly they deserve to be.

This is a fantastic peice of work, by the way; extremely grim, gothic and very much in the spirit of the Legion of the Damned. Cannot wait to see it finished.

When I first read this I though you were telling me it my fault for offending people. Then I re-read it and read it properly. I must say that I wanted the tank to look really grim and i'm glad people see the grimness (I think I made a word up :P ).

Also does anyone have any good advice on washing the body filler dust off? I was thinking just some water and a toothbrush.

C&C always welcome

Try some sort of BIG plusshy brush. Like ones for applying makup.

Unless its only been primered..then its okay with the water, as you won't need to worry about ruining the paint job.

The main boby is primed black. Sadly I didn't get to start painting the tank, but I did primer some of the crusade army though. Hopefully tonite I might get started cleaning it. It's just I really hate winter and I get less drive during these months. :D

Archived