New Apocalypse 50K point army WIP

well, i just hope you removed ALL the mould lines....thats all im saying.....no excuses.....

:D

phill

:)

I must admit I also thought you were just some mad kid who has not seen GW prices before. But now I know that you sir, are INSANE! ;)

Crazy idea, good luck with converting and painting, I'm definetely following this.

thumbsup!

You know I'd be tempted to say "EVER LOVING BEEJEESUS!" if I didn't have about that many points of marines myself anyway... mine are just in 5 different armies but... yea. Nice project though, keep us updated!

Wow...this thread took off.. What the heck, I didn't receive ANY email notifications. I'm pretty sure that I requested "instant email notifications' on all my subscriptions...Bolter and Chainsword is failing hard.

I looked at this thread, not knowing it was yours, and I saw "coy" and I was like..oh thats what they are, I'm going to go find that thread...and I then realized that this was the one...and tried to figure out how it got so many posts with me not knowing anything!!

Great works!

I don't know WHERE you get your money from..but HO LEY COW!!

Thats a large amassment of stuff...And I thought my Terminus and Line breaker were awesome...BUT YOU HAVE 2..OF EACH!!

DIOFHPSD

you rich person. I thought I was spoiled. =-D

I wonder..if you can send this to Blue Table Painting, they'll turn it around in 2 weeks. =-D that would be CRAZY

Edited by Shortsonfire79

Update...

I now have a Land Speeder force

I have been away interstate and the local GW store had a deal... buy 2 new kits and get an old one free.

So I bought 8 and got 2 Tornado AND 2 Tempest for free!

Now I have 13 Land Speeders

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/Karsrkinmik/th_100_0366.jpg

Edited by Lord Castellan Mik

Hail frater

Well - let us just say, that I am utterly flabbergasted. I think it looks great - and if my job paid more, I would certainly start my third army. There is nothing like a new force assembled and ready to go.

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

PS. The M113 rock!

Wow that is pretty impressive. I thought you were just talking at first but you really have all that stuff. I envy you I don't even have a battle company :lol: .

How much of your army is assembled right now? And are you painting these all your self or commissioning them?

lol I can just picture you having won the Publisher's Clearing House and sitting in a basement in a bathrobe that hasn't been changed for months listening to wizard metal as you fiendishly glue set after set after set together. I commend you sir on a monumental undertaking. I hope you retain your sanity after all is done. :lol:

Keep this quiet Zach, I've spent most of my time and effort working on my 1st army (IG), so not much of my 2nd and 3rd armies have been worked assembly wise - other than the AoBR figs, and those I did coz they were basically quick.

Now I have to convert a few coz they look all the same... diff weapon here, diff accessories there, and so on.

The rest of my Ultras are going to be stock standard - very large quantity of reasonable figs is Apocalypse - FOC and tourny figs are few and excellent quality on the other hand. I'm still working out the org and formations that I want to include.

I have not been known for painting of any standard before, so I'm going to try at first... I have a couple of local club friends who are willing to step in (for a modest fee of course) if I fail the grade... after all, I still want them to look good.

As I said earlier, no kids at home, lots of space available, a relatively good job, but more importantly... an understanding parter. All the money in the world would not get this project off the ground if it wasn't for her caring about what I wanted to achieve. Insanity helps too.

oops... make that "an understanding partner"

Edited by Lord Castellan Mik

Thanks for the support, I'll try not to let you guys down.

Further update...

My luck and good fortune continues... at GW expense

I checked the number of sprues when I bought my Battle Company box and all seemed correct.

I just checked fine details - actually, the Dev squad weapon components - and low and behold, GW packed 4 sets of 5 man Dev sprues (ALL Dev marines, no Tac component) INSTEAD of 2 sets of Dev and 2 sets of Tac.

ie: I got 2 Sgts and 18 heavy weapon combination marines instead of 2 Sgts, 10 standard Tac, and 8 heavy weapon combination marines

So I contacted GW and I received an oops apology and a free Tac squad box to complete the 2 Dev squads in the Battle Company.

And... I get to keep the mistake - which means I can complete a second Battle Company with the purchase of the Assault squads. :)

I know this WIP is a slow mover, but I have a few WIP and not all are for this forum.

I WILL complete this WIP and I WILL post all stages with pics as they occur.

At this stage, basic build is first (all squads and vehicles) intermixed with conversions, and finally painting... I like to lay my army out complete before I mark them with an identifier such as squad this and company that, etc.

Keep in touch

Like I said... I've had a LOT of good fortune, club discount, and special deals

I believe that I am VERY LUCKY

And one reason that my wife understands what I am doing... is that right now, vehicles and minis not made, etc... the whole lot is worth much more than I paid for it - and I don't mean GW RRP or Ebay ripoff - I mean what people would genuinely pay.

Now, IF I did go Ebay... wow

Another reason is that I still have my Space Crusade and Epic collections in mint condition... I look after what I have and don't throw anything away...

For instance, I've read some posts asking what a Conversion Beamer is and what does it look like - some have designed their own... thanks to Space Crusade, I have 6 of them - GW designed and specified.

When they bring out a Master of the Forge mini, we will see if GW stay true.

[WOW!]

i want to see two more pictures:

1. the table your going to play your games on and

2. your opponents army of 50,000pts.

i only remember seeing one thread with more models than that, and they were all painted. it was an IG army with tank company after tank company, baneblade formation after baneblade formation and oodles of platoons and tons of air support. regretfully i cant remember what forum i saw it on.

this is truly impressive.

you should buy an air brush and buckets of GWs new washes. you could have that painted in no time :lol:

[\WOW!]

Edited by stinkoman