Pre-Heresy World Eater

Iacton

Just when you think that you are out..... they pull you back in!! :)

The pre-Heresy project goes one (or two) more rounds....

Just received a couple of berserker sprues in a parts swap, and I had some Red Scorp bits that I acquired at Games Day that I hadn't put to good use yet. As a result I couldn't resist a delve into the bitz box, a little GS-fu and out popped this little "beauty" ^_^

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/World%20Eater/WIP1.jpg

Probably won't get painted for a few weeks though. This is largely due to the Fabius Bile instinct kicking in and several marines being kitbashed up, and also because of a couple of other PIPs going on right now.

Anyway, if it is of interest we have, in no particular order Sgt Culln's head, Red Scorp torso, Command Sprue fist, Berserker Chainsword arm with chainaxe swap, Iron warrior leg, assault marine leg, random bare head and RTB01 beakie helm

Cheers B)

That is sweet!

Only comment is the pose of the axe, I probably would have had it in a slightly more relaxed pose. The head is off and pulled out of the helmet. The severed head is the focus and might be just a tad high, is he trying to look up the guys nose, or watch the brains leak out?

Other than that it looks like another awesome piece in the making!

Might tweak the axe arm down a touch actually. The face to face part is fine in real life, plus I'll be able to do the World Eater's eyes easy enough to ensure that he is looking at the face and not up the neck to see if there is a kinder surprise inside!! :D

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest..."

Haha, a Hamlet in the making there. :woot:

And excellent! I'm glad you're carrying on with your pre-heresy models, I love 'em. :pinch:

Would it be possible to maybe put some mini tutorials with this one? especially for the little chips and stuff like that, that would be awesome.

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest..."

Haha, a Hamlet in the making there. ;)

And excellent! I'm glad you're carrying on with your pre-heresy models, I love 'em. :D

Would it be possible to maybe put some mini tutorials with this one? especially for the little chips and stuff like that, that would be awesome.

."..of most excellent fancy: he hath

borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how

abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at

it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know

not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your

gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,

that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one

now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?

Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let

her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must

come; make her laugh at that."

glad I wasn't the only poster to get a Hamlet vibe from this piece, lol.

looks really good man, though i think the severed head needs a bit of spinal cord or something to show how it came to be in that not on body state of being.

[And did you recite that from memory? if so, very impressive

I did *takes a bow* then again I saw a production of it the other weekend, so its still fresh in the ol' noggin.

Is it possible to get a close up of the helm on the ground?

Hehe! I was going to call the piece "Alas!" actually :FA:

There is some neck viscera in the piece, but it is made of grey stuff, so at the moment it isn't particularly visible.

I shall do some much more detailed photos soon, including the fallen helm, and I do intend to use the piece for a number of tutorial subjects, including my take on skin/faces and weathering/battle damage. It will end up being a slow model, but hopefully I'll make a good job of it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hehe. Thanks guys :lol:

I will put his real head back on once I've painted it :lol:

The piece is now officially called "ALAS!" too.

I have been in the groove as far as the painting is concerned, just lately. Also, I've been clearing the decks of models that have been sat around for a while because I have a couple of commissions ahead of me and I hate seeing unfinished models staring out at me accusingly!!

The commissions aren't marines, but that will help to improve my over all skills. ;)

Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying this model, actually. The work required to make white armour more interesting is good fun actually. There is no actual straight white on the model at all, the highest highlight at this stage is a pale grey/blue mix

Wow! Once again, you outclass everyone around you. *bows before master* :)

I really like the oily look of the white armour, a unique tone there. Purple inks?

Is the base home-made?

The "oily" look is just a few thin layers of some of the GW washes - there's mostly ogryn flesh, but also some leviathan purple and some asurman blue.

The base is a resin base. I use "Foundations of War" bases quite a lot, and this one is the last of a 4 pack - ebay linky.

The Imperial Fist, Night Lord and Emps Kid that I did are on the rest ;)

The turquoise is a bit of a work in progress, I might still change that.

And change the turquoise I did.

Quite a bit of progress tonight and he is starting to come together...

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/World%20Eater/PA310020.jpg

Time for bed :P

quick question:

if hes pre-heresy, then why is he holding another marines severed head?

i think its a beutiful looking mini, but the severed head (while the holder of a chainaxe is holding it aloft) confused me a little :P

PS: im a colchester boy too :lol: (i know that you live there because you said that you lived in colchester on your thread with the pre-heresy night lords guy, haha! i have seen through your plot to try and conceale yourself from my ninjaz! :D )

quick question:

if hes pre-heresy, then why is he holding another marines severed head?

The Horus Heresy? Istvaan? Drop Site Massacre? :D

Nice work Iacton, your Pre-Hresy models are always a pleasure to look at. Are you intending to do a mini for each legion?

@Big Mek GrabNutz - Your Ninjaz can't catch me cos I'm protected by my Piratez!

The majority of my models are set in and around the 2 Istvaan battles - like Aqatone has said (thanks ;) )

This is largely because these have been - in my opinion - the most inspiring part of the Heresy "time-line" so far. Plus a good many of the Legions were involved, so a common theme can then be established.

@Aqatone - Thanks. I've actually done at least one model for each of the legions now. The project is in the Hall of Honor, if you haven't seen it - LINKY.

After this guy I have some non-power armoured commissions, and also I want to have a little fun project of RT marines done in Badab War colours.

@Sons of Horus - Cheers ;) The severed head does have some putty under it to make up the gore aspect, I have more pics on that score, but I was just too tired to post lots last night :blush:

Here's a couple more pics. No more progress, but it gives an idea of where he's at, and you can see a slightly better detail of the neck of the victim.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/World%20Eater/WIP3.jpg

The more I look at the face, the more I need to smooth him out, but those details are just tiny on the Culln head!!

Archived