Pre-Heresy World Eater

Iacton

OK, "Alas" is just about finished.

There are a couple of details that I would like to tidy up, now that I've photographed him "roughly", before I enter him into the Hall of Honour with the rest of the Project, but all in all I am really quite happy with how this piece has turned out.

So enjoy for now and please look out for the final pics in the in the finished section (hopefully tomorrow)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/World%20Eater/Nearly.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/World%20Eater/Details1.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/World%20Eater/Details2.jpg

C&C Music Factory :)

Thats brilliant,the white is done oh so well and the facial expressions are Gold :)

i must say though that the model looks like he is about to try and hit a home run with the head(not that there is anything wrong with that :P ) i loved your imp fist...this guy is a very close second!

cheers Mithril

Thats brilliant,the white is done oh so well and the facial expressions are Gold :huh:

i must say though that the model looks like he is about to try and hit a home run with the head(not that there is anything wrong with that ;) ) i loved your imp fist...this guy is a very close second!

cheers Mithril

Thanks Mithril,

I think that he's in two minds whether to do just that or clean off the the head and keep the skull. Almost a premonition, I guess...

The (not) white was a real blast, and the face was incredibly difficult to get looking menacing. The face has loads of details in the sculpt, but the eyes made him look gormless, so I had to do quite a bit of tweaking to that in order to get the finished look of drug induced, grisly fascination :devil:

Thanks also dustermaker. It's one that is done quite often, so I wanted to make a good job of him.

Great job here mate, i am always a fan of your work and i think the conversion work here is superb, not to mention the white.

I'm not too sure but is the blue slightly darker on this model than your other pre-heresy world eaters? it might be the picture or i might just be going mad!

What the plans for your next model?

Keep it up mate

Tal

I've never really tackled a World Eater before - not any that I've posted on any sites anyway :devil:

So therefore, I couldn't really say...

The colour is regal blue, highlighted by adding elf flesh and shaded with blue wash, black wash and ogryn flesh.

I have a Farseer to do for a Facebook comp and a Lamenter to do for the Warprunner comp. Other than that, I have some Warmachine and WHFB "commissions" to do.

I can only show the Lamenter here, but hopefully the rest will go in my CMoN gallery :huh:

Well, what you did with the Marine's head suits the World Eaters. I agree with the "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio," line. Just why hasn't the marine's head been crushed by being held by a powerfist? And is the marine planning on chainaxeing the head? "Put yourself together so I can kill you again!"?

Overall, beautiful piece.

Great work Iacton and I think the white is very interesting. I don't know if that is the best way to describe it but white is often a little boring to look at but I don't find yours boring at all.

stunning job there my friend, i lovr the great weatherd look you achieve on your mini's

not overly keen on the head (the alive one ;)) but thats more a sculpt issue not down to your painting.

the blood looks a touch bland to me but then again i like ultra realistic blood B)

Bah i know what i did, i was looking at LONEWOLF's WE....

I told you i was going mad

:)

Thanks guys! ^_^

@Tallis - Quite mad indeed! :D

@Jetfire - Yes, in the end the lenses on the helmet were deliberately flat. After all, it is quite certain that the occupant of said helm is dead! :P

@KingHongKong - I think that the World Eater has just done something significant to his future, so he is a bit unsure of what to do next... ;)

@Gumbafish - Thanks a lot! Making white anything other than "white" is indeed a task. Even more so to make that white "interesting", so I'm well pleased ^_^

@Lonewolf - Thanks mate - and congrats again on the win ;) - The blood probably could do with a splash of gloss varnish, if I were showing him in competition. As for that feckmin head... I won't be doing another one of that particular sculpt any time soon. The details are pig! :tu:

The model is complete now and posted in the Hall of Honour in with the rest of the Pre-Heresy Project. Please take a look, along with the reposts of some of the other recent models.

Cheers B)

Archived