Battle of the Boyfriends! SM -vs- ORKS

Spurs

You know for the price of the Scouts, you could almost fit in 2 more Dreadnoughts with Drop Pods. If you wanted to be really mean, go with the TL Heavy Flamer arm. If you can hit the Nob Bikers with that, its going to go right through their armor and cover saves and wound 75% of the guys it his. Thats alot of damage.

Or go with 2 Dreadnoughts and 1 Dakka Predator/Whirlwind. I think thats more dangerous to the Orks than the Scouts.

I plan to use a basic dreadnought with multi-melta and drop-pod so I can have a chance at shaking or destroying a kill-cannon battle wagon loaded with Lootas and a mek with shokk attack gun. As long as it stops the lootas and mek from firing for one turn I'll be able to tie it up with either the dreadnought (if it survives) or a bike squadron with captain that will finish it off. As long as the unit doesn't fire on turn 1 I have protected my other units (Land Raider, my troops and my bikers) from their deadly fire. If the dreadnought doesn't do it's job then it'll be up to 2 attack bikes with multi-meltas to do the damage, but they won't be in the best position for the job (rear/side armour shots). I could use a sternguard squad with many combi-meltas but I don't have the pts or the taste to use such a one purpose unit.

All I'm saying is that if you want to kill something don't rely on the one unit. Nobs are harder then most units so they will require most of your attention. Dropping a couple of dreadnoughts with TL flamers is a good idea to shorten thier numbers, but what will you use to clean up the remainder modals? If there are any Nob survivers you can surely bet they will be the ones with the best weapons, (i.e lots of power claws, Doc, Warboss etc) they can still do alot of damage to your other units. Any unit can serve as clean up, just be sure they are there to finish the nobs off or to tie them so that they can't get away from the dreadnoughts.

I don't have my codex with me so I can't tell you how much points the dreads are, but if you can afford it give missiles to the drop-pods, makes a good distraction when they're firing templates on ork troops.

One more thing...the Nob Bikers may be in reserve, so you will need to think what other uses dreadnoughts can do, I can think of alot :D.

GL

Archived