invulnerable saves

Fury_of_Fenris

I have to agree witht his last post by Praeger. I was actually on the fence until he put it so succintly. I do see what gentlemanloser is saying, but the codex says the save is an invulnerable one.

This also makes sense that the LotD are essentially demonic entitites.

the old formats had it seperate, but this may be a new format for 5th edition. I guess we will find out more as more codexes are released.

Fortunately not many people appear to be using LotD and not alot of people pack many psycannons. Better use cover if you do, though.

yes, but the LotD are specifically noted as having a saving through that "is invulnerable". until FAQed, this means they have a 3+ inv. save, and no armour save. specific overides general.

edit: spelling

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. :P

Nothing in thier entry implies they replace thier Armour save.

_Nothing_ in their entry implies they get an armor save. Period. Take a look through the unit entries in the codex. The wargear of various units lists 'power armor' for units that get 3+ saves, artificer armor for 2+ etc. Every unit has something like this in their wargear, except Legion of the Damned. They have no power armor, or armor of any type, so no armor save of any type. Only the 3+ invulnerable save granted by their special rules.

Psycannons aren't AP3. :lol:

You're right — and I even looked it up before making my original post on this thread :P I think I must have got confused by the Heavy 3/Assault 3 profile …

Definately AP4, and their main intention is to be used against enemies with only an Invulnerable Save such as Demons (hence the army name). In your example above vs a Regular SM, the SM does get it's 3+ Armour Save therefore.

That only makes the specific examples I picked invalid (because I picked them due to thinking the psycannon is AP 3) not my actual point, which is that I still find it an odd rule <_<

As to the rest of this thread (whether a save is both normal and invulnerable, or just one of the two), IMHO this is yet another of those areas where GW should get their act together. An additional stat for invulnerable saves, for example, as that would clear up all confusion. Not likely to happen, I know … :lol:

Archived