WYSIWYG

Tauren

So far I've played about 20 games of 40k and the only few things that I've noticed about WYSIWYS are these

*Do not attempt to proxy vehicles of a different chassis. Distance on vehicles is measured directly from the gun barrel hence the model must be appropriate.

*At least have 1 copy of the model u want to proxy be ready nearby, as 5th Ed uses true LOS.

Other than these two, my gaming group doesn't really care too much. You're using that dreadnought from AOBR as a carnifex? Sure, just make sure your opponent knows the actual size of one or have one ready nearby.

I usually take my vet superiors with bolt pistol and chainsword and buy them a bolter. Since it's too bulky to fit on them, I just say it's under their dress in their purse. Can I take all 3 weapons? lol.

I usually take my vet superiors with bolt pistol and chainsword and buy them a bolter. Since it's too bulky to fit on them, I just say it's under their dress in their purse. Can I take all 3 weapons? lol.

No, you cannot take all three weapons. The first sentence at the top of the WH armoury states:

Characters can have up to two weapons, one of which may be a two-handed weapon.

Well I got the ones where they're molded right onto the body of the sister. I would have to dremel it out which would take a fair amount of time. Regardless them holding big bolters in one hand and chainswords in another looks fairly unappetizing to my stomach. The people down at my GW are fairly leanient on that, as long as it's altered in some way or another, it's ok. Example. One time I just bought a screaming skull catapult, and I didn't have time to assemble it, so in order to use it I just set the entire box down and played it that way... They didn't like it, but were like w/e.

If you want to use a normal battle sister model with bolter, you could modify it to include a cloak or cape of some sort to differentiate it from all the normal Battle Sister. Would also serve as wysiwyg for the CoSA.

If you want to use a normal battle sister model with bolter, you could modify it to include a cloak or cape of some sort to differentiate it from all the normal Battle Sister. Would also serve as wysiwyg for the CoSA.

You dont even have to go as far as sculpting a cloak... Just attach a brazier or an Iron Halo to her backpack :P.

Iron halos work well because they cant be mistaken for a piece of wargear as SoBs dont have em to begin with, and they look mighty cool. Its what I do for my sisters.

**edit** You could also just paint a normal Bolter wielding sister differently to set her apart as a Vet Superior, a gold shoulder pad/ helmet, etc.

That's pretty much what I'm doing. Superiors have their left shoulder painted gold, celestians their right shoulder, and celestian superiors both left and right. I was actually referring to using a common Battle Sister model or Sister Superior model for a Canoness.

Bah. This reminds me... I'd have finished my army by now if GW had friggin' allowed me to buy bitz online. I want an all-helmeted army as much as possible (to the point of me using a Sister Superior model for my Canoness)...

I actually use the metal Canoness models with some minor conversion work for my Vet Superiors. Its kinda costly to do, but I think the overall look is well worth it.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/tyreal808/IMG_0779.jpg

They count as Vet Superiors with a Book of St. Lucius and a Combi-flamer.

and if youre wondering what I use to represent my Canoness, here ya go ( please ignore the drunkin dorks in the background ):

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/tyreal808/LivingSaintWiP.jpg

Counts as a Canoness with a Jump pack, Blessed Weapon, and a Inferno Pistol

@Melissia Have you considered swapping the heads with the plastic 'helmet head' off the Immolator gunner sprue? It sould come with 2 heads, one with a helmet and one without wearing a head set.

Ya I find that my best investment I have ever made has been an exacto mini-saw. It lets me maul with precision plastic and metal all alike. I actually just finished converting my inquisitor with what is effectively a psyhand-cannon. Clipping off the part of the bolt pistol infront of the clip, adding vents from space marine backpacks, then adding the cut off bit of the terrain that came with the old battle for macragge. Dirty harry would be proud, little cutting drilling out the end of it worked out nicely.

Archived