Wh and DH mixed list?

spectre312

According to the Codex there is no problems with it at all. Fluff-wise, yeah it may seem a bit odd since they deal in different ministries, namely one battles Heretics and the other battles Daemons, but there is nothing against them teaming up in defense of the Emperor as a Militant force that works for the Ecclesiarchy. Game matches hardly make sense in general anyways... Why would Daemonhunters fight Sisters of Battle or Imperial Guard? Why would Sisters fight Tau or Orks? Why would Xenohunters fight Chaos Daemons or Marines? So just come up with a fluffy reason the two are teamed up and run with it.

Why would Sisters fight Tau?
Because they're spreading dangerous heresy and ideas contrary to the Imperial Faith. Filthy, heretical xenos, every single one of them.
Why would Sisters fight [...]Orks?
Because the Orks want to fight YOU.

Lets see... The DH book actually has an entire list of why you would fight (insert army here). It's actually rather annoying to see 2 pages wasted in such a way... but whatever.

As for heretics and daemons... they go hand in hand... heretics tend to summon or be possessed by daemons... Kinda like fish n chips really.

Lets see... The DH book actually has an entire list of why you would fight (insert army here). It's actually rather annoying to see 2 pages wasted in such a way... but whatever.

As for heretics and daemons... they go hand in hand... heretics tend to summon or be possessed by daemons... Kinda like fish n chips really.

I actually liked that section; it gives nice background information and is great when you want to have some fluff to go with a battle.

Why would Daemonhunters fight Sisters of Battle or Imperial Guard?

Their commander is Daemoncially possessed and/or under Chaos influence or tainted by Chaos. Sure, the Imperium forces might claim to be free of taint and possession, but the Ordo Malleus can't afford to take the chance that Daemonic influence will run unchecked through the Imperium. That's not to mention that it used to SOP to exterminate/mindwipe any forces that even fought Chaos, just in case they might have been tainted.

Why would Xenohunters fight Chaos Daemons or Marines?

For Marines, it could be one of the chapters that's a little too friendly with the Eldar, is using unsanctioned xenotech, or is otherwise under xeno influence. For Daemons, perhaps an alien psyker being hunted by the Ordo Xenos accidentely or intentionally opened a hole into the Warp, or the aliens struck a temporary alliance with the Dark Gods.

Also, for just about any circumstance there's the possibility that it's an emergency situation; if a planet's about to be attacked by aliens the SoB and Grey Knights wouldn't just say, "sorry, not our problem" and take the first transport off-world; likewise an Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos, while he focuses on countering alien influence, isn't going to just ignore any evidence of Chaos activity or Heresy he discovers because that's not his department.

Yeah but the problems with those examples is that it may not necessarily fit your opponent's fluff. 2 people playing a game aren't gonna go with, "My Daemonhunters are attacking your Marines because one of them fraternized with Khorne," and the Marine player just stares blankly back like, ":cuss?"

Yeah but the problems with those examples is that it may not necessarily fit your opponent's fluff. 2 people playing a game aren't gonna go with, "My Daemonhunters are attacking your Marines because one of them fraternized with Khorne," and the Marine player just stares blankly back like, ":cuss?"

Well, you can always play up the paranoia and suspicion of the Inquisition; the charges don't neccessarily have to be true. When my GK's fight other Imperium armies I often open with my commander demanding a surrender and stating that the enemy commander is tainted or possessed; when the charges are denied I respond with some variation on "maybe, but we can't afford to take that chance."

One of my favorite moments in playing WH40k was when I had a match against a marine army, and at the end we decided that the entire battle was a result of a beaurocrat on Terra making a typo and sending my Sisters after the Space Wolves rather than the heretical Spice Wolves.

Following the Apocalypse GK datasheet, you could say that DH would fight IG because:

After helping the Inquisition defeat a daemonic infestation the Inquisitor and his GKs fear that the IG have seen too much. Better to wipe them out and be sure.

I love that last line. It is the only excuse the Inquisition needs.

If all else fails, just call it a game for fun and not for fluff. For example, the Order of the Sapphire Blade does not, in the fluff, fight other forces of the Imperium, and in fact most often fights Orks and CSMs due to their proximity to the Maelstrom.

Toogeloo Posted Today, 07:52 AM

One of the explanations in the DH codex is that the Marines are trying to blow the whistle on just how harsh the Inquisition are, so the Inquisition is attempting to silence them. You don't have to be an overt daemonworshipper to get the Inquisition set on you. This fits particularly well with Marine armies who style themselves as "whiter than white" pure loyalists.

I believe the phrase is ... "Kill them all... Let the Emperor sort them out..."

Of course I will go with my pre-made idea against space marines...

The following text was recorded by a scared diplomat on a world where the grey knights, seeking out daemons ran into a small company of space marines...

"We want your lascannons because we weren't issued them..." ~Knights...

"Go @!#% yourself you pansies in unpainted armor!" ~obstinate space marines...

"Can we kill em?" ~Knights look at the inquisitor

"Ya... what the hell... I think I see a chaos star over there... I call dibs on the iron halo..." ~Inquisitor

Have you been harassed or worse... assaulted by these unpainted power armored ruffians? Call the law offices of Tzeentch and Slaanesh, we are working hard to fight for our clients, we will work hard to fight for you...

I believe the phrase is ... "Kill them all... Let the Emperor sort them out..."

Depends on which version you're quoting; "Kill them all, God will know his own!" is the original version that derives from the Albigensian Crusade, while "Kill them all and let God sort them out." is a more modern variation. I tend to prefer the version that comes direct from the crusades, but then my SoB army uses lots of Crusader terminology and is named after a crusading order, so it's kind of in-theme for them.

And they say history degrees don't have practical uses...

True but in the grand scheme there really is no sorting, as the emperor saves you from the warp suppposedly or else you simply become daemon kibble... if I recall correctly right?

I believe that's right, which means that he does sort them; anyone loyal to God-Emperor will be saved from the Warp , while heretics, xeno-lovers, and Chaos-worshipers are all cast into the Warp to become the playthings of the Dark Gods. Therefore, since the Emperor will save his own its better just to kill everyone to make sure no enemies of the Imperium manage to slip away and continue to cause trouble, or at least that's the theory.

The joy of fighting space marines (and mostly Blood Angels), is that they are 7ft tall, acid spiting, dual-hearted monstrocities with deeply suspect vampric tendancies (in the BA case) . That and the simple fact they do not venerate The Divine Emperor of Mankind as the God he is and that they indulge in practices that Draw Worship away from The Throne makes them purge-worthy.

Having an ultra-conservative Inquisitor gives you cause to fight any sod.

I have to ask where xenofighters came into a WH/DH thread? espically since there are not current rules for deathwatch.

But if your facing chaos then you have heretics and deamons right? well heretics are the whichhunters field and deamons are unsuprisingly the deamonhunters field.... no fluff required to field both together.... just need a rumor of chaos worshipers summoning deamons and they will both be there.

Why would Sisters fight [...]Orks?
Because the Orks want to fight YOU.

Made my day today.

Well, you can always play up the paranoia and suspicion of the Inquisition; the charges don't neccessarily have to be true. When my GK's fight other Imperium armies I often open with my commander demanding a surrender and stating that the enemy commander is tainted or possessed; when the charges are denied I respond with some variation on "maybe, but we can't afford to take that chance."

"We're innocent! We didn't do anything!"

"They all say that."

One of my favorite moments in playing WH40k was when I had a match against a marine army, and at the end we decided that the entire battle was a result of a beaurocrat on Terra making a typo and sending my Sisters after the Space Wolves rather than the heretical Spice Wolves.

Sounds like the result of an accent:

"Get 'em to uh, go after the Spyce Wulves, mayte."

"Very well sir, the Space Wolves it is."

In the Spice Wolves camp:

"Tha'ss odd. Where're the Imperials? We gotta make a bigger fuss, boys, maybe they'll notice us quicker that way."

There are current rules for deathwatch bud...

Technically, the current rules for the Deathwatch are not legal because they refer to things that used to be in the 4th Edition Marine codex that do not exist in the 5th Edition Marine codex.

Oh right, that's true... By the way... I loath you people for saying spice wolves, now I can't get this guy outa my head nor a marine chapter based off him.

This thread needs spice weasal marines...

http://www.bautforum.com/attachments/questions-answers/6796d1196907738-neptune-elzar.jpg

Archived