Demon Lord

hivetrygon

I posted this in the tutorial section because I was trying to teach people how I make multiple part kits but was redirected to post it here. Anyway, this kit will have loads of options, enough to make 2 demons with all the parts. For now here is a little I have finished:

http://trollsforge.com/workbench/demonwarm1.jpg

The shoulders will be poseable, so this is what you deal with to get that option, pluss you will have shoulder pad options to choose from anyway. Wings will be started when I get at least 3 other torso options close to finished. All parts must work with another, that is the goal.

Coming along well, I would maybe add a twist to the torso, have him facing a slightly diff. direction pointing one arm in one direction holding his other arm cocked back behind him with a giant badass sword. Only gripe I have with some of your sculpting is that sometimes they come off a bit flat. Other then that, the skin texturing is looking sweet.

Thats Pretty Cool as atm i wanna craft my on daemon for funzies xd

- Steve

Thanks guy's.

As for the legs beeing weak, the thighs are more than meaty enough and if you look at bulls and such their legs are this way and support 1000ands of pounds. The main reason however is that the armor bits I'm making for the different legs, arms, shoulders, etc will add even more size so I do not want to get carried away.

The hoofed legs are going to be thicker and more beefy anyway, much like a bull or horses legs and will have some fur around the lower foot area and no stretch skin. They will be done in traditional muscle skin look.

Thanks again, I want to make sure you understand, this thing is able to possition itself how you see fit. The waist can twist if you want slightly with ease. The arms can be adjusted etc.

Again, forearms are beefier because I will have no armor options for that. I'm sure most people will use the armor bits because they are going to be so detailed you will cry. B)

Thanks again, I want to make sure you understand, this thing is able to possition itself how you see fit. The waist can twist if you want slightly with ease. The arms can be adjusted etc.

Again, forearms are beefier because I will have no armor options for that. I'm sure most people will use the armor bits because they are going to be so detailed you will cry. :lol:

Here is what I had planned so far, parts all different mind you:

5 torso's

2 sets of legs

4 arms and 2 minor arms in place of wings if wanted

wings, jet pack, or horns in cast of no wings

10 head, all from eyeless and nothing but teeth, to the traditional devil looking head

loin cloth options and a tail or not option

armor bits, along with many, many highly detailed weapons. No plain weapons, crazy complex stuff planned.

What you have so far looks great, and all the options are sounding pretty fantastic :lol: Crazy, exotic weapons are a great idea, especially for daemons, looking foward to what you come up with for them!

Looks very cool to me. I'm not too sure about the shoulders, though: his right arm especially seems to be too high up and sticks out a bit too far, though that might just be perspective here.

Something also feels wrong with the legs, but I can't quite figure it out. I don't think it has to do with bulk. It's probably just me not being used to big demonic models not having at least a loincloth :)

Very wip but these torso options I love so far. I also fixed the problems with the arms and how they connect, so when they set up after work I can get home and fix the sockets and get pictures I hope.

http://trollsforge.com/workbench/demtormouth.jpg

Wow man, excellent, excellent stuff. I really like the maw-chest idea, and the coiled tattoo type markings is cool too, suitably arcane and daemonic. You sculpt like a pro :sick: Looking forward to further progress, especially your weapons ideas!

• 2 weeks later...

Now this is just blue tacked into position so the sockets fit better than shown if glued into place. This however give you an idea how versatile this thing will be with just a few options right now. It's sick, trust me. ;) Anyhow, the head is wip, still need veins and some work on the horns but I think it's very cool for a vanilla demon head, don't you agree. 8-)

http://trollsforge.com/workbench/demhd1.jpg

I've always loved your website. The sculpting and creativity there is mind blowing. I Don't know how I missed this thread. You have yourself another great project going on here.

The modular demon idea is a great one. The choices of torso designs is very entertaining and you have an excellent eye for musculature detail as well as anatomy. Other than that I have no idea what to say except wow. I'm not a sculpture so I can't really help you there.

Do have an idea of weapon choices? I think you could probably get away with almost all the DP's you'd like from every deity.

Great job. It kinda sux you don't get more responses here. I guess people are intimidated at the quality and complexity of the work. Don't let that discourage you though. ;)

Shoulder pad options galore are going into this. I have one armored set of arms I'm adding that will be super ornate like the chaos armor from the chaos warrior book. Well not exactly like that but lots of scrolls and such on plates and scale mail. The shoulder pads will be able to layer over the top of that shoulder pad also, making layered armor effects.

My weapons will look like the ones from the old realm of chaos book that were unique weapons. Again not complete rip off of those but very ornate and strange or jagged blades like teeth. I also plan to do a few chain weapons. :P

I did however cut his horns off last night and made a set similar to Hellboy when his grow out, much better. I can also throw a couple ears on him and veins easier now. The trick will be getting all the parts done and then tying them together with little details like veins, spines, jewlery, etc. in the end. Long way to go but fun and worth sharing with all of you. Requests also welcome.

I forgot to mention weapons I'm sure of is a scythe, sword, mace, whip, ax, chain ax, and flail.

Archived