Wolves Spredsheet (excel)

CaptMac

Ok I've had a search and been gifted with about a million results but none really cover what I'm looking for. I have been putting together a Space Wolves spreadsheet in Calc (Open Office's excel equivalent) and before I spent any more time on it I was going to check that no one had done anything already.

If no one has then I'll be more than happy to stick mine up on my site for people to use once I've finished. Could even evolve into something quite useful and just as importantly free (£20 for Army Builder seems a bit much). If someone has done it then could someone shove up the link?

Thanks Guys

Oh and just to say that it contains no fluff and is for use in conjunction with your copy of the codex, to make adding up your lists a bit easier.

I have tried to make one but it is difficult to take into account all of our special rules, without alot of effort....it can be done I'm sure I just didn't feel at the time my effort was worth it so I just made a basic spreadsheet that just added up total points and had spaces for the different choices (HQ, Elites, Troops, etc) but that's about it.

I prefer just to add them manually and remember my rules, with the codex there for reference. It seems like alot of trouble to come up with programs or sheets.... I might use them if I found one I knew was accurate, but it wouldnt be an every time thing.

I'm happy to give it a crack, I need to get back up to speed with spreadsheets for work so it might be a worthwhile project.

I've done the Blood Claws, Fast attack and Grey Hunters. Here's a link if anyone's interested, the more feedback I get as I go along means the better it will be in the end.

Why is Great Company banner an option for the WL and WGBL? its to be carried by a WGBG only I thought.....

Runic Charms in the Bodygaurd entry are valued at 15 points....

Long Fang pack leader is still valued at 30 points, though his comrades are right.

Leman Russ exterminator is 18 points per? Sign me up :P.

The elite wolf gaurd maybe should be entitled wolf gaurd pack leaders?

Why do the special characters get options? *MY BAD* thats for their bodygaurds, got it.

Fenrisian wolves?

Still, good work so far man! This actually is lookin pretty good IMHO.

Why is Great Company banner an option for the WL and WGBL? its to be carried by a WGBG only I thought.....

Runic Charms in the Bodygaurd entry are valued at 15 points....

Long Fang pack leader is still valued at 30 points, though his comrades are right.

Leman Russ exterminator is 18 points per? Sign me up :lol:.

The elite wolf gaurd maybe should be entitled wolf gaurd pack leaders?

Why do the special characters get options? *MY BAD* thats for their bodygaurds, got it.

Fenrisian wolves?

Still, good work so far man! This actually is lookin pretty good IMHO.

Yea it's just for a WGBG and only when taken with a wolf lord. So it might take some special attention if you can do it in excel...

Runic charms aren't 15 points, they are the same costs at a storm shield (note that Wolf Guard's storm shields and runic charms are half the cost of that of the "other" column)

The Leman Russ Exterminator is obviously missing a 0 somewhere... :blush:

I see he put the option for Fenrisian wolves... they're right where you include the HQ's that can take them.

Looks really nice.

Right I think I have sorted the Great Coy Banner issue (please let me know if it's still wrong, I presumed that Ragnar and Logan can still have one in their BG since they're Wolf Lords?)

Runic Charms values have changed

LFPL is now 36 Points

Leaman Russ's are now more expensive than a LF. Though the original points I put would be nice *day dreams about sitting 10 LR Tanks on the table to face a DA tactical squad*

Not sure about the name change, do you mean from cell A42?

I think the wolves are with everyone that can have them.

Guys thanks for the input, keep it coming. I guess this is the equivalent to beta testing.

Sorry, have only just updated link (please ignore Rune Priest hes a WIP).

wow. absolutely amazing. thank you so much for taking this project on! It's wonderful. I think i saw the comment posted earlier, but the grey hunters don't have an option for bolters yet. Only thing I noticed that was off :devil:

You rock man, really. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Guys sorry for the delay on this I have been having laptop issues, mainly involving sparks flying out the back, so I'll have to caddy the harddisk before I can get the info back up. I have an email from GW saying it's cool for me to share the info so at least that's some good news.

My e-mail is in my profile if anyone would like to send it to me. I'd appreciate it. My copy of Army Builder is an original and no longer supported. I agree with many that the price is a bit high. It does a lot and has it's worth, but not for the price they want.

http://www.macparsnip.com/SWBuilderV2.xls is the link you need.

Sorry I took it down till I got word back from GW:

"Thanks for your question. Feel free to share this information with your

friends..."

I know I've harped on about it a wee bit but I WANT negative feedback, the more you give me the more I can make this thing better. In the end brothers...we get a free builder.

I know I'm going to regret this but if I stick up a list of what I've still to do and people can tell me what to add as I go along?

I'm working on a printing function that will only print positive values (units you select) but it might take some time.

**Bolters for Grey Hunters have been added

Okay I’ll edit this post as I go but here is what I think I still have to do:

Codex SW:

Wolf Guard Leader…should he be in with the Wolf Guard on all body guards?

Codex SM:

Brother Sgt Chronus?

Archived