Forgefather Vulkan He'stan

Ein

I decided to keep my life simple and just use the yellow/orange LED. After a lot of harrowing drilling through the body, trying not to hit anything vital, I got the LED fitted comfortably into the head and down into the body. I actually drilled a hole in the cloak's back by accident, so I had to pop off some scales and smooth it over. I'll be re-scaling that later. :P

Anyway, here he is.

http://www.fusedcreations.com/adam/vulkan19.jpg

Once I fix the cloak a bit, I'll put his backpack on. The gaps between the gauntlet arm and the body are taken care of. The shoulder pad's sitting at a bit of a strange angle, admittedly, but it had to be positioned like that so that it wouldn't interfere with the backpack or the helmet's line or sight. (He looked a bit silly, since he couldn't see over it, so I had to tweak it a bit. ;) )

I may end up putting him on a larger base involuntarily, just because I need to cram a coin-cell battery under his base properly. Probably going to be 35mm-ish, and a couple mm higher than a normal base, but it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Looks really good. I'm impressed. I think that drilling metal would be a huge pain in the ***. I think if you put it on another base, it would look really good, and just use some rocks or hot glue to mesh it together, and some cork to make a nice scenic base. Sounds doubly good.

Regarding the backpack, I actually have no idea what it's from. It doesn't look like Xavier's because it's got different details on the back and no cloak:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/1c/a5/7a3c_1.JPG

Something I picked up off of ebay. I figure it fits the part. :(

legion of the damned?

very nice conversion :)

Really awesome! The pics are already added to my 'Sweet Salamanders' album, full of all your work in the Salamanders project!

The LED lights are amazing, keep up the awesome work when it comes to painting and you'll have yet another masterpiece in your collection.

Nice one, Ein!

- Blood Raven

Ein, might I suggest captain Tycho's left arm. It has some sort of Xenotech las-carbine in them, and can be rather easily cut off and bulked up with a sculpted drake/salamander/dragon head.

My two cents.

-Skullz

• 3 months later...

Archived