codex

The emperors chosen

Nobody actually knows when GW will redo either Inquisitorial codex. They've promised no more than "continued support" for all armies, including new codexes "sometime". They have a stated intention of giving every current army a new 5th edition-era codex. They've also said that this process is likely to take about 5 years, and that we should expect the Inquisition codexes to be at the tail end of that process.

Love the Codex, hate the Codex, argue the Codex :P

And of course stick to it. Ain't nothing more around for us.

Luckily, you can ally in everything Imperial, that's col.

@Six:

Does that mean the product life cycle for 5h edition is five years?

Dude, that's a long time in the gaming biz, any biz actually.

Probably.

Let's assume they do three per year, and that C:WH and C:DH are at the tail end of this. This is without any new additions, and they said they wouldn't put any in.

In no particular order after the first year:

Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, Dark Eldar

Eldar, Orks, Tau Empire

Tyranids, Necrons, Blood Angels

Dark Angels, Black Templars, Chaos Space Marines

Daemons, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle

Melissia Posted Today, 10:57 PM

Daemons, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle

I assume you mean Daemonhunters and Witchhunters. I would be very annoyed if the Inquisitors 'escaped' the 'Inquisition' codicies.

Its good that Daemons are being done at the same time, then they can balance the Daemons lists with knowledge of any GK anti-daemon abilities.

I assume you mean Daemonhunters and Witchhunters.

Nope. THey are focusing on Grey Knights and SIsters of Battle. That isn't to say they wouldn't include Inquisitors in the list, but you do realize they're also including inquisitors with the Imperial Guard, right?

Eldar, Orks, Tau Empire

I don't think this is accurate - Orks only recently got a new codex! Another one so soon?

One day we shall start hearing the rumours for the new SoB and Grey Knight codecii - only then will we be able to realistically work out a rough release date and what exactly they plan on doing (in regard to the Inquisition). At the moment its so far away i don't think we can put any weight into current information.

I'd rather our new spangly codicii were done for 6th Edition and wait that bit longer to be honest. Better than getting a new codex for 5th then 6th Edition being released afterwards!

Ahem: "In no particular order after the first year:" Please read my post.

I made a rough estimate assuming taht three codices are released every eyar, and that C:GK and C:AS are at the tail end of that, with no new ones being put in. It's simple math.

Hmm. Well i thought you meant as in the 3 armies listed may not be in that order for that particular year (e.g. in the case i highlighted the Orks may come before Eldar or whatever). Otherwise whats the point of putting them under a year at all? Seems entirely pointless now.

I assume you mean Daemonhunters and Witchhunters.

Nope. THey are focusing on Grey Knights and SIsters of Battle. That isn't to say they wouldn't include Inquisitors in the list, but you do realize they're also including inquisitors with the Imperial Guard, right?

Well, that's very unclear right now. AFAIK, the "Inquisitor in the IG codex" rumors comes from a tentative german translation of a rumor. It might have been referring to a (more probable) Commissar-Lord. Jervis Johnson said that both codexes would be supported, but not that they would focus solely (or even mainly) on the SoB and GK.

I, for one, would be extremely displeased to se Inquisitors and Inquisitorial forces go from the codexes.

Phil

I doubt that Demonhunter or witch hunter codexes will be so out of date by the time 6th edition comes around as to render them useless. if they write them at the tail end of 5th they will already have 6th in the works or atleast know what is and isnt working rules wise and perhaps keep it in mind. 3rd to 4th wasnt a huge transition compared to 3rd to 5th so any changes that effect the codexs will be minimal from 5th to 6th, besides from what ive seen. 5th is the greatest change to their rules system in a long while. Personaly i think they realised 4th wasnt as smooth as it could have been, 5th is a total rejig, and i dont think 6th will be as big an overhaul unless they find something really broken.

To sum up, if GW are smart they will already have 6th edition in mind when writing the rules for the WH and DH codex so the rules transition SHOULDNT make them usless...not unless GW did something radical like get rid of dice or something lol

showtopic=151848
focus will shift towards the militant chambers for each rather than the emphasis being on the Inquisitors.

I hope, if that happens, that I'll know a few months before so I can still get a good price on eBay for my SoB. I'll keep playing DH/SM/IG. Taking the Inquisitors away from the WH codex would take half the fluff away. Actually, it couldn't really be called "Witch Hunters" anymore...

I suddenly find myself hoping that the WH codex get updated in a very very long time...

Phil

Well, let's look there is:

-Inq.-Lord

-Inq.

-priest

-assassins

-Arco-flagellant

-IST

-Penitent engines.

It's already hard to do a proper inquisitorial list. Now, take 2-3 of those units away (in a "refocus" move) and you just might as well ignore that they are in the codex. To me, just adding an inquisitor to and all-sob list to unlock an assassin doesn't make a list inquisitorial. I really hope they actually don't "take the focus away" from the =I= elements in the WH codex but add to them.

Inquisitorial elements represent half the interest in codex: WH to me (and to most WH players around here). I just hope it stays that way, otherwise codex: WH will be half a codex to me. Somehow, the =I= presence in the DH codex is much less so I wouldn't feel so bad...

Phil

I hardly doubt they would remove inquisitors... they will probably just focus on other elements that need improving and leave the inquisition much the same, as thats what people have built their armies around already. GW dont tend to render entire army lists usless apart from...*cough* squat *cough* they will probably add new units and remix things a bit.

You might find you will have to own a few codexes instead of one tho, if say GK get their own army list and Inquisitors are something else... just an example

Reduce your list to this:

-Inq.-Lord

-Inq.

-assassins

-IST

Priests, Arco-Flagellants, and Penitent Ebgines are not Inquisitorial tools, they are Ecclesiarhcal tools. Again, just because they're focusing more on the SIsters doesn't mean they'll remove anything fromt he Inquisitors. Just means they'll expand the Sisters. All that "shifting focus" would mean is that they expand the Sisters more than they do the Inquisitorial elements.

And they SHOULD. They really shouldn't have tied the Sisters to the Inquisition in the first place IMO.

boreas Posted Today, 12:23 AM

I suddenly find myself hoping that the WH codex get updated in a very very long time...

I agree. Playing DH with horribly outdated rules and all sorts of FAQ problems is a small price to pay compared to losing half the army. On the other hand, if it just means expanding the Chambers Militant then they really should have said that explicitly, otherwise it just generates all these worries here.

Hell, its a long way away so who knows? As long as they don't make any models obsolete by removing their entries i think i'll be content with that. Some models were a right pain to put together and paint so i'd rather they don't become useless! :)

Archived